View Single Post

Old 12-16-2007, 04:22 PM

Liked 72 Times in 13 Posts

Below are holsters for my original 2nd Model American in 44 Russian made around 1873 ... (awaiting letter from Roy) and my original New Model #3 made in 1880.

I was browsing the web when I came across a fellow who has the forms to make fitted holsters for the old S&W old west sixguns, including the Schofield, the 2nd Model American with its 8" barrel, and the New Model #3. Well, I gave the fellow a call (Alan Soellner http://inthesmokymountains.com/old_west_leather_holster...s_and_knife_sheaths/ ). By the time the dust had cleared, I'd ordered holsters for both sixguns. Alan makes these great old cartridge sliders that carry six rounds and mount on the gunbelt, so I ordered one for 38-55/30-30 and another for 45-70. He also had a small supply of genuine Sambar Stag for knife handles. Well, I got to thinking about that. I don't really have a good hunting knife .... I've been making do for decades with a nice Buck fishing knife and various folding knives but I've been hankerin' after a nice Bowie knife and since I still had a bit more cash left, now was the time to do it. Bottom line, I also ordered one of his handmade Solingen steel bowie knives with a Sambar stag handle and sheath.

I had all leather ordered in the 'antique' finish, since I like to speed up the aged look a bit. I specified custom features for both holsters (Slim Jim with open toe for my 2nd American, and a single loop to fit my special order 6" barrel on the New Model #3). Both holsters fit my two sixguns perfectly.

The Following 8 Users Like Post: