View Single Post

Old 07-14-2006, 07:52 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 224 Times in 34 Posts

Thank you Elmer. Many of the items came with the guns, piece by piece you might say - I bought 5 of them in all from 2 different sources. I got his original 1930 handcuffs, original holsters (all of them) and photos/files.

I've since done much more research and found references to him in numerous works on the 1930's gangster era. Books about Oklahoma and the Tri-State gangsters (like Bonny & Clyde, Dillinger, Nelson and so on) are readily available through Amazon.

Perhaps most interesting has been information from old newsapers (researched through archives), old magazines (buy them from Ebay) and from information provided by ex-FBI agents from their own archives. As an example - recently I've been informed that it's very likely Campbell was given the job of carrying Dillingers straw hat, .380 Colt semi-auto and cigar (all taken from his corpse) back to Hoover in Washington. They were displayed outside Hoovers office for many years, an obvious example to those who thumbed their nose at the FBI.

I'm still waiting for Campbells FBI record and scheming to get his police record from Oklahoma City PD. Once you start it never seems to end... And I'm currently researching 4 more characters from the FBI