View Single Post

Old 02-25-2008, 02:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Majic1:
Quote:
As I noted earlier, she bit just a bit when I shot her so I found the set of Pachmayr grips and now she's a genuine pleasure to shoot, even with those snappy 200-gr. JHPs I got from Georgia Ammo.
First time I have ever heard of anyone complaining about the recoil of a .44 spl in a steel revolver and had to put Goodyears on it. It's such a pussycat that it's barely more noticable than a .38 spl.
It wasn't bad, just not 100% comfortable and I was fine with it until I ran across this note.

I found the following in a Guns magazine article on his new S&W Model 21-4 .44 Special Thunder Ranch Revolver, written by Duke Venturino in 2005:

"And last, I don't like the round butt either. With the first 100 rounds fired, the factory grips wore a hole in the web of my shooting hand. But there's an easy remedy. I called my friend Raj at Eagle Grips and had him send me a set of his new walnut Heritage grips, which are patterned after the old S&W "coke bottle" shaped grips of the 1950s. They can be had to fit a round butt S&W N-frame and instantly convert it to a square butt. Mine now make the new TR .44 an exceedingly comfortable handgun to shoot."

I figured if Big Duke could get a new set of grips without caring if somebody called him a wimp, I could too. I love my new Pachmayr grips.