View Single Post

Old 12-19-2008, 09:43 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,270 Times in 285 Posts

I've shot a lot of handgun matches in my day, and I've seen what works, what jams, what blows up and what breaks. Other than a guy with a *** Taurus revolver whose sights flew off and only match failures have been bottome feeders.

Frankly, watching autos choke under the stress of matches moved me away from the brass pukin' (if you are lucky) bottom feeders . . . and back to the good ol,' super dependable, wheelguns!

I've got a totally reliable, 8+ year old Kimber first-generation Ultra CDP lightweight officer's sized .45. It was a grand nearly a decade ago . . . meltdown package, night sights, accurate . . . a great gun.

However, a couple of years ago I decided to carry only wheelguns for a month. Strangely . . . the Kimber has rarely been strapped on again for CCW times!

My Keltec P32? Never, ever use it for a bug anymore either! Gosh, I ought to sell it!

TODAY?

A Model 37 Airweight in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster goes everywhere with me and I shoot revolvers extremely well.

It is backed usually by a M36 . . . or a 3" M65 . . . or a 3 1/4" chopped barrel M25-2, depending on the weather and season.

Every one has always gone bang. Always . . . and always will . . . and although sometimes poorer shooters sometimes get "lucky," I truly like my "odds" with revolvers . . . even my J-frames. Odds are quite high that the conflict will be over before either weapon is shot empty . . . so I'm gonna tote what I feel supremely confident in.

I suspect no one would like getting wacked up side the head with a "flyin' ashtray!"

T.