View Single Post

Old 05-28-2008, 09:14 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
"Do not carry a firearm you cannot afford to lose."
For me, I believe this means a weapon that has so much personal meaning or has monetary value that it cannot be replaced in the mind of the owner. For instance, a Registered Magnum or a Singer 1911A1 are great guns but I'm sure no one here would carry them over a pre lock 686 or Springfield Loaded which are by no means second string guns.

As for the topic, give me a wheelgun any day of the week. No ftf's, no fte's, no bad magazines, no having to replace recoil springs. My nightstand gun isn't my Sig, Nighthawk Custom or Hi Power, it's one of my Model 28 Highway Patrolmans(the one with the higher serial #).

If it's used it definitely will work but will automatically be taken as evidence where it will sit in property until the investigation is over but I'll have my other emotionally valuable Patrolman in the safe. If anyone has ever dealt with NYC property rooms, you know that there is a chance the weapon will disappear or get damaged in storage and fighting the city over it would be a losing proposition.