View Single Post

Old 02-01-2008, 05:51 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 740 Times in 256 Posts

The gun has been lettered and when it left the factory it was a standard HD with nothing special. The grips match if I remember correctly. I have not pulled the sight, but since it was not a factory conversion that I can tell, I would not expect the serial number to be on the sight. Where should I look if I were to take the sight off?

My bet is some gunsmith did the conversion and polish work. It is very professional work and I have wonder if King's did it in CA, but I have no idea how to tell. I will say that the inside of the frame is polished also so the trigger is nearly as good as my Registered Mag.

Observation time: I think that the cylinders were either chased with a reamer or were polished. The spent cases are very smooth and have a uniform "pull" coming out of the gun. No other gun I own is like this. Also the velocity over a chrono is nearly identical on every cylinder. Thus I think the front face has been polished a hair or maybe the barrel face. Finally the trigger is nearly perfect in both single action and double action. Someone spent a lot of time with stones on the trigger. The hammer sear is list polished silver and very very smooth. It does not appear to have broken through the case hardening because the gun has been shot a lot from the turn line.

Just watch out for that front sight. It is dang sharp!