View Single Post

Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

Thank you dmc8163. I appreciate your reply.

Quote:
The second point made in the recommendation to the Director was that the .45 had been around for roughly 100 years and had reached the zenith of its development as a law enforcement cartridge. The 10 mm on the other hand was relatively new and its potential for significant positive development as a law enforcement cartridge.
I can also see how this part, in particular, could end up being misunderstood, taken out of context and eventually distorted beyond recognition by our typical rumor control phenomena. Seen it happen too many times trying to track down the source of something.

Quote:
The decision between the 10mm and the .45 was so close that FTU would have been quite willing to live with whatever ammunition the Director selected.
Ditto, having BTDT. You give a perfectly reasonable answer to a question from upstairs, especially expressing how either of a couple of answers would be perfectly acceptable and serve the needs of everyone. The admin makes a good decision, and then suddenly you start hearing someone complaining about the decision, and how it was your decision?!? Sigh ... Happened to me recently.

I really won't miss some of the things from this job when I retire.

Thanks again.

Best regards.