View Single Post

Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 PM

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I have a S&W 9ve,Great weapon and totally reliable. However...I live in Orlando,Fla which has now become "Hood City" with carjackings,home invasions,gangbang shootings and numerous murders everyday. It`s heading into "Summahtime" here with the temps in the upper 90`s and I needed something smaller to just slip in the pocket when I go out, that`s where the new S&W 642 fit the bill. With the larger 9ve in a shoulder rig I had to wear a large cover shirt to hide the butt bulge but with the 642 I just drop it in a pocket with it`s Uncle Mike`s Sidekick ISP holster and I`m good to go anywhere. Both of these S&W weapons are what I would trust my life with. Quality pieces that go "BANG" everytime,don`t jam and hit what I`m aiming at. The small automatics sometimes have FTE,FTF issues which may work out in time,adjustment etc. but the 642 is ALWAYS ready to go if I ever need it {And I hope not!}. I did a lot of research on various gunsites regarding small pocket auto`s and decided on the Airweight 642-2 in .38spl+P as my hot weather carry. I`m loaded with Remington 125gr+p shp`s which I consider good enough for any close range encounters. I also carry two Speedloaders of the same always. Please...Always carry Safe and Pay Attention to your Surroundings. Best!. hal
The Following User Likes This Post: