View Single Post

Old 09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,738 Times in 2,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankie2blue:
I am getting tired of having all my cleaning tools for my guns in a box all mixed up in partial small kits etc., and I sometimes admire these cleaning kits in a wooden box with everything there and ready. Problem is that they are Universal kits that clean every kind of long gun/shotgun or pistol and contain a ton of stuff I will never use.
I am looking for a really nice Pistol/ Revolver cleaning kit for all the popular bore handguns of the highest quality. Anyone here have any ideas? What are you using?
I dont use a single kit. I hate changing tips, brushes and so forth. I just bought six cleaning rods, the simple ones with rings on the ends. I keep three with bristle brushes (22, 38 and 45) and three with patch pushers (22, 38 and 45) on my bench.

When I return from shooting, I just use the one I need which is already set up. The 45 works fine in 44s and the 38 works fine in 40s (I wrap a patch around the 38 brush for a tight fit in the 40.) This has worked fine for me for over 20 years. It beats the **** out of screwing brushes and tips on and off all afternoon!