View Single Post

Old 10-18-2008, 08:05 PM

Liked 179 Times in 36 Posts

No pic of mine--it is gone. It was a 29 nickel in 8-3/8"

One spring evening, when I was a young man, I was on my way back home from the range. I was driving my new for me Lincoln Mark 5 --the one with the fake spare tire hump on the trunk. The car was only 2 years old and for a man of 24, it was a NICE car. And a fine spring evening, by Lake Erie--well, it was a fine day.

I was driving home from the range, on the freeway. I had the cannon and a few others in the back seat in a shooters bag. I was taking the leisurely drive home. I pull off the freeway at the off ramp, at a light.

All of the sudden, a car swerves in front of me blocking me in at the intersection, and another races up blocking me in the bad. I had the windows down and I see this real big guy and his pals getting out of the front car with a bat, saying they were gonna mess me up bad. Why?? I still don't know.

I reached into the gun bag and pulled out the first handle I could grab. Big 44 comes out and I laid it on the door jamb, pointing at the first guy--and said something like--you ain't kicking no ones butt today.

You NEVER saw a bunch of guys move so fast. Cars ran off and gone. I got a partial license number and went to the police station. Naturally, no one was ever found--but that big old Smitty,--just the appearance of that big hogs leg got me out of a jam.

And, it was EMPTY!! Dumb thing to do of course--but just seeing that big nickel gun--YOU gonna ask??
The Following 4 Users Like Post: