View Single Post

Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 AM

Liked 5,762 Times in 1,992 Posts

I'm still on the fence and I must admit the easy answer is just go and shoot them and don't worry about it. I think I should lower my standards when I buy a gun and that way the answer would simply be to shoot them. I have four S&W 27-2 and all of them look new except two of them have been fired very little. I do have two that look to me to be unfired except for factory test firing. It's hard for me to want to shoot those two and use the excuse that it’s just because I can. It's the same with the Nickel 29-2 that I have that's unfired.

The other factor is I'm 65 and after I pass on what are my kids going to do with them. I have two sons that own and know guns and they will keep the ones they want but they would sell the others.

There's a big part of me that says "shoot them all" and then there's a part of me that says this thing was made in 1973 and it's pristine so why shoot it just because I can.

I guess I'm making this harder then it needs to be. On these models that I have the difference between a well cared for 95% gun and an unfired hundred percent gun is measured in less then a few hundred dollars. That’s not like the thousands of dollars difference for small differences in condition on some early Colt SA and early pre model S&W's.