View Single Post

Old 06-08-2009, 12:11 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

1. They are a good way to carry if that is the method that suits you best.

2. The whole 'they scream gun' is pretty much a non-factor and that concept is way overblown. It takes only a little bit of people observation while out in our society to see that you have to pretty much hit people upside the head to get their attention.

3. What if other carriers or leo notice the fanny pack? I don't care.

4. What if the bad guy notices the fanny pack and thinks there is a gun it, gets the "drop" on you and shoots you dead? You give bad guys waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit. From a practical real world perspective I no more believe in this concept than I do in #2.

5. Out of fashion? Again, nobody cares. The general public will not notice that you are 'out of fashion' simply because they don't know what your typical manner of dress is. If they should pass judgment on your fashion in a general manner because they believe your wardrobe is out of date, and you have problems with that. Well then you may need to get your self-esteem checked.

If the people who you are around on a daily basis think you are out of fashion when you start wearing a fanny pack, it will pass with time as the pack becomes part of 'you'. And again, if a person is worried about being 'in-fashion' to please others then there may be other problems in said persons life.

There is one caveat to this that I am aware of, and that is if the pack doesn't 'fit' in your particular business/work environment. For example, obviously I can't show up with a fanny pack hanging off my slacks when I wear a suit to business functions. However, for casual use or many work environments the fanny pack would work just fine if I choose to do so.

Though I elect not to use this carry method for comfort reasons, I do think the packs are a viable carry method and many of the supposed negatives are more internet legend than practical concerns.

Just make sure the pack:
- Holds your gun securely without shifting of the gun in the pack.
- Can present the gun in a reasonably fast fashion for the draw.
- Has a good heavy buckle and belt material.
- Is comfortable for you to wear.