View Single Post

Old 06-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Thumbs up Oh baby this is a good topic!

OK, I have a M625JM that I shoot all types of loads through it too!

This is one of the most fun firearms to shoot and handload for that I have ever shot. From "smokin' hot" to just making it out of the barrel. Versatile, very versitile!

Here are some pictures:

The one in the middle is my favorite load to shoot in this firearm. It is an H&G #502 SWC over a healthy dose of SR4756 for about 1100fps out of the 4" tube. The one on the right is a 270gr SWC that I got from a fellow forum member Paul5388. (Great guy by the way!)The ones on the right are loaded in 45AR cases so they won't get used in any of my automatics!
From 200gr LSWC to 270gr you can have a great time with this shooting platform.

Here are some other bullets that I have fooled around with in this firearm:
(click on video to watch)

These were taken out of some Thompson Center Sabots. They weighed right @ 250gr. They chambered easily and were exceptionally accurate. Mild recoil too.

I've loaded some 160gr LRNFP bullets with 3.5gr of Bullseye and they literally went "POP" instead of "BANG". Actually they went "POP" then "SMACK" at 20 yards!

I have only used steel full moon clips but have heard that the "Rimz" brand of plastic ones work well too. No experience there.

As for a tool. Get yourself a piece of 3/8" CPVC pipe and put a flat on one end. Look at the tool that Midway (Brownells?)sells and make your own. You will have about $0.10 in it.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Skip Sackett; 06-12-2009 at 07:46 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: