View Single Post

Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 PM

Liked 445 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by handgunner356 View Post
Considering the number of guns with the lock in them I'm betting the failure rate is no more than the non-lock failure rate.
How would no-lock guns have the lock fail more frequently than the ones with locks? That is how I take your statement.

Have revolvers ever broken down? Yes, of course they have. It is a mechanical device. But the chances of a basic issue on a no-lock gun, the guns with the locks have the same chance of that happening (if you are saying more no-locks have fail, for whatever reason, then I say to compare the production numbers).

But the lock does put another set of gears that a wrench can be thrown into. I've read maybe five lock-ups, which I can't say whether or not any of those are the same you mentioned, but I saw a locked gun at the range, before being shipped back to S&W. Yes, the chances of a gun locking up in a time you need it are low, but I air on the side of caution. If I ever get down to pulling out my 642, s*** has already gone bad, and I don't need anything else coming up. That is the reason I bought a no-lock revolver (if I couldn’t get one, I would have either found an older gun, or switched to another company).