View Single Post

Old 06-26-2009, 12:24 PM

Liked 343 Times in 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model520Fan View Post
House going up in flames, while unfortunate, is possibly less serious than a revolver locking up after one shot.

OP: There have been more than two lock failures. None of them happened to me (probably because I removed the lock from my one gun that had it). Believe it or don't.

You can do whatever you want, but when I see good pre-lock revolvers selling for less than new IL revolvers, I consider the decision a no-brainer for a carry gun.

I may not always be right, but I'm never in doubt.
Less serious? . . . unless you didn't make your first shot count; what if all your no-lock revolvers were in your house and you didn't have a fire-proof safe . . . with a lock on it? Sorry to be a smart aleck . . . I couldn't resist.

More seriously, I agree with your point - when one considers unneccessarily more complicated mechanical devices that cost more to do the same job, the decision is easily made. The dilemma for me has been weighing that cool technology factor called Scandium against the workmanship I see and feel in the older guns. At the end of the day though, I am not in doubt either - I'll tote the weight, I'll bear the load.