View Single Post

Old 06-29-2009, 05:12 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I've used one for almost 15 years and carry a Glock 21 (yeah, the really big one) in it most of the time. Sometimes a 4" N-frame. When I can wear a jacket I leave it at home. I do suggest one with a ZIPPER and not velcro. If you wanted to get your gun out silently, there is no way to do that with velcro. I like being able to also carry my check book, keys, cell phone, extra knife, pen, notepad, etc.

On trips now I carry a Maxpedition Jumbo Versa Pack. It handles the "man purse" thing while still looking rugged. It holds a lot of survival junk, my camera, snacks, cigars, and water bottle, plus all the stuff mentioned above in the fanny pack. Plus the Glock, or what ever else you want to put in the holster compartment. It's pretty cool.

The only time someone really noticed the fanny packs (my wife had hers on, too) was on vacation in Colorado. When we paid with a travelers' check he asked if we just got back from vacation. He thought we were locals since fanny packs are as common as fannies out there. We said, "No, we're on vacation," and he looked surprised.

Screaming "GUN!" is a sad misconception.

Last edited by Old Griz; 06-29-2009 at 05:49 AM.