Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > >


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:09 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default Wanding patrons at a theater

So, a new experience in the world of concealed carry.

If you go to NYC you know that every building has a metal detector and every event has one, too. Their paranoia has no limits.

But that's not true everywhere - yet. But we are working on it.

Last night I went to a show at a venue that I will not name that has no signs about guns and has never evidenced any concern about concealed firearms. They still have no signs. But they had two police officers in the lobby and 5 or 6 employees wanding folks as they walked in. Wanding everyone and checking purses, etc. Very New York-like.

Of course I had a handgun with me so I was not sure what to do; the car wasn't that far away if I had to leave and toss the gun into the trunk. But this just seems different so I approached a police officer and explained my dilemma.

"Are you law enforcement?"

"No - CHL".

"Oh, okay, stand in this line here and after she wands you go to that lady over there and she will take you over to that man standing over there....."

Okay, whatever. I do it and when I get to "man standing over there" he has a kind of a notebook open and he asks me to put my license number in column 1, my name in column 2, where I will be sitting, etc., and that was that. "Have a good time, enjoy the show, yadda blah".

I kind of liked that system. Where they allow guns but want to know who has them and where they are - works for me!

Comments?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:21 PM
haywood's Avatar
haywood haywood is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: May 2006
Location: N. Ohio
Posts: 999
Likes: 4,252
Liked 1,176 Times in 506 Posts
Default

Sounds like a good policy to adopt everywhere instead of gun free zones.
__________________
Two Revolvers every day
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Like Post:
  #3  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:26 PM
GaryS's Avatar
GaryS GaryS is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 7,726
Likes: 5,426
Liked 9,872 Times in 4,054 Posts
Default

I wouldn't patronize a place like that. I'd show my license to the police, but that's it. There is no movie so entertaining that I can't wait until it's on Pay Per View.
__________________
Can open, worms everywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:28 PM
gman51 gman51 is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Just West of Houston
Posts: 1,965
Likes: 415
Liked 2,247 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default

That was interesting to hear. I haven't been to a movie theater in or around Houston in many years so I now wonder is this happening in or around Houston.
I don't know how I could tell the guy over there where I would be sitting till I was inside the theater though.

I do think I could probably leave my gun in my car and still feel safe doing so going into that theater. But then I thought what about when I was leaving the theater and I didn't have my gun for protection on me. A real nut job knowing the theater scans for guns might think those coming out of theater could be easy pickings. LOL But that might cause him, like in your case, to be surprised by someone having a gun.

Stopping gun violence, mass shootings, could be greatly slowed without to much effort but that obviously isn't the desire wanted. I would feel much safer going into a theater that protects people like the one you described. Same thing in schools.....it is about time schools weren't safe zones for shooters. Some people just can't get past ignorance I guess.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #5  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Bat Guano Bat Guano is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 3,214
Likes: 1,174
Liked 2,394 Times in 997 Posts
Default

Brave New World....No thanks.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Like Post:
  #6  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:46 PM
dben002's Avatar
dben002 dben002 is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Triad Area North Carolina
Posts: 1,611
Likes: 1,185
Liked 2,021 Times in 824 Posts
Default

Spent 1 week per month for 2 straight years in Manhattan.
Not by choice but by job requirement.

Seen all of NY I ever need to see.
Done all of NY I ever need to do.

Nice place to visit (for a weekend) wouldn't wanta live there.

Glad you had a good experience......
__________________
Hipcocked45
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Like Post:
  #7  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:57 PM
ContinentalOp's Avatar
ContinentalOp ContinentalOp is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,485
Likes: 3,979
Liked 3,150 Times in 1,194 Posts
Default

I'm not comfortable with that. I carry concealed because I want to keep a low profile. I don't want anyone to know I'm armed. I can see a procedure like the one you went through making me stand out, possibly even "marked" by fellow patrons as being armed. Also worrisome is my personal information being collected by a private party.

I do have a bit of a conundrum with theater-going. I enjoy going to the theater to watch movies, but the last hold-out near me finally put up "no guns" signs, and they carry the force of law. While I won't say I'll never go to the theater again, I will likely be much more circumspect with regards to what movies I'll watch and when since I can't carry there.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Like Post:
  #8  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:01 PM
dben002's Avatar
dben002 dben002 is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Triad Area North Carolina
Posts: 1,611
Likes: 1,185
Liked 2,021 Times in 824 Posts
Default

Of course I had a handgun with me so I was not sure what to do; the car wasn't that far away if I had to leave and toss the gun into the trunk. But this just seems different so I approached a police officer and explained my dilemma.

"Are you law enforcement?"

"No - CHL".

Permits issued outside of NYC are not valid in NYC unless a special license is issued granting validity. ...

How did you pull this off ?????????????
__________________
Hipcocked45
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:06 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default

First, it was live theater. Not a movie. Which explains how they knew where I was sitting.

Second, most folks paid ZERO attention to what was happening except to themselves and, believe it or not, folks are so inured to searches these days that it was a no-brainer for all of them.

Third, they didn't take my address.

Fourth, if I was a patron I'd be happy to know there were armed patrons if needed. Being "marked" is irrelevant to me plus, really, this is Texas, nobody cares as much as you might think, even the anti-gunners.
Assuming they paid enough attention to realize what was happening.

Fifth, my profile was scarcely raised one iota. I didn't care one bit about it and neither did anyone else.

Sixth - in case I was unclear:

Quote:
Permits issued outside of NYC are not valid in NYC unless a special license is issued granting validity. ...

How did you pull this off ?????????????
I used NYC as an example. I was not in NY, I was in Dallas.

However, I did pull that off once, in 1999, in NYC. I don't care to get that lucky again so I never carry a gun to NYC the way I used to.

Last edited by ISCS Yoda; 04-05-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #10  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:36 PM
nachogrande nachogrande is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gods waiting room, W/C FL
Posts: 2,640
Likes: 2,378
Liked 3,011 Times in 1,363 Posts
Wink COMMENTS, YEAH, GOT ANY PROOF FOR THOSE "CLAIMS".

[QUOTE=ISCS Yoda;139990250]

If you go to NYC you know that every building has a metal detector and every event has one, too. Their paranoia has no limits.

EVER been to NY? There are an awful lot of buildings, for "EVERY ONE" to have a metal detector. NOT California, Mass, etc. Just NY? CONSPIRACY THEORY FLAG THROWN. MAYBE they were wanding for non theater bought candy?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #11  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:38 PM
petemacmahon petemacmahon is offline
SWCA Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mohnton, PA
Posts: 336
Likes: 112
Liked 197 Times in 98 Posts
Default

NO that is complete BS. Taking names and numbers is what Hitler did. I have no problem showing my concealed permit, but my cooperation ends there. If that is not codified in state or federal law, then it must be stated on the ticket stub as a defacto contract to use there facilities and you need to know ahead of time and make the choice when you buy the ticket.

Screw that!
__________________
DAO Hunter, SWCA #2955
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Like Post:
  #12  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:40 PM
dben002's Avatar
dben002 dben002 is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Triad Area North Carolina
Posts: 1,611
Likes: 1,185
Liked 2,021 Times in 824 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemacmahon View Post
NO that is complete BS. Taking names and numbers is what Hitler did. I have no problem showing my concealed permit, but my cooperation ends there. If that is not codified in state or federal law, then it must be stated on the ticket stub as a defacto contract to use there facilities and you need to know ahead of time and make the choice when you buy the ticket.

Screw that!
Oh....i'm sure Dallas is gonna jump right on that
__________________
Hipcocked45
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:42 PM
41 41 is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fairfax Cty-HIgh Taxes/Co
Posts: 193
Likes: 633
Liked 133 Times in 59 Posts
Default

They be afraid that you will take out the bad guy in the movie! They don't need holes in the screen.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #14  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:50 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemacmahon View Post
NO that is complete BS. Taking names and numbers is what Hitler did. I have no problem showing my concealed permit, but my cooperation ends there. If that is not codified in state or federal law, then it must be stated on the ticket stub as a defacto contract to use there facilities and you need to know ahead of time and make the choice when you buy the ticket.

Screw that!
Nahhhh.....it's just theater security and, REMEMBER, it is private property and a private property owner can do whatever it wants to secure the property - anything legal is permitted.

And Hitler didn't take names and numbers. He ASSIGNED numbers and TOOK AWAY names. Big difference.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Like Post:
  #15  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:56 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default

Quote:
EVER been to NY? There are an awful lot of buildings, for "EVERY ONE" to have a metal detector. NOT California, Mass, etc. Just NY? CONSPIRACY THEORY FLAG THROWN. MAYBE they were wanding for non theater bought candy?
I am referring to EVERY SINGLE MAJOR OFFICE BUILDING in NYC - MANHATTAN - and ALMOST every tourist locale as well. Let me note that the office buildings in NYC that I tend to walk into when I am there are not little trashy buildings in Hell's Kitchen, they are modern, up to date business offices, sometimes with tourist attractions included, sometimes not.

Since I don't go into office buildings in other locations in NYC's five boroughs I cannot speak to Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, or the Bronx. But I'd wager it is the same.

No conspiracy - not at all. I have no reason to go to California or Massachusetts so I do not do so. I am in NYC three or four times a year. I don't make this stuff up.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-05-2018, 05:10 PM
500SNW 500SNW is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 730
Likes: 1,241
Liked 1,015 Times in 413 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
Okay, whatever. I do it and when I get to "man standing over there" he has a kind of a notebook open and he asks me to put my license number in column 1, my name in column 2, where I will be sitting, etc., and that was that. "Have a good time, enjoy the show, yadda blah". I kind of liked that system. Where they allow guns but want to know who has them and where they are - works for me! Comments?
Keep in mind that when enough people so readily consent to this kind of "processing"...then over time it becomes the norm. Norms don't last forever...so what concessions will we make in the future? Maybe have to wear a brightly colored sticker so we can readily be identified in a crowd? In short, it is still the old "give em and inch and they'll take a mile." JMHO of course.
__________________
Libertad o Muerte

Last edited by 500SNW; 04-05-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #17  
Old 04-05-2018, 05:23 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default

Quote:
Keep in mind that when enough people so readily consent to this kind of "processing"...then over time it becomes the norm. Norms don't last forever...so what concessions will we make in the future? Maybe have to wear a brightly colored sticker so we can readily be identified in a crowd? In short, it is still the old "give em and inch and they'll take a mile." JMHO of course.
I think that American society is WAY WAY WAY past the point where readily consenting to these types of procedures is not considered "the norm". They have already taken "the mile" in the name of security. Zillions of us take off our shoes to pass through airport security, we are "wanded" there as well, or go through machines that xray us. Zillions of us get wanded or go through metal detectors in every major sports arena in the country. We get wanded or go through metal detectors at state fairs, amusement parks, and a host of other venues. Nobody complains, nobody blinks - everyone just grins and bears it.

So, if it concerns anyone that a theater would wand its patrons for security purposes you're living in the past. They check for all sorts of weapons, knives, guns, and bombs. Etcetera. IT IS DEFINITELY THE NORM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #18  
Old 04-05-2018, 05:41 PM
nachogrande nachogrande is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gods waiting room, W/C FL
Posts: 2,640
Likes: 2,378
Liked 3,011 Times in 1,363 Posts
Talking & EVERYONE IN TEXAS...

ALL TEXANS have an 8" belt buckle & a 4" heel on their boots. SORRY NO PROOF WHATSOEVER for that statement, but I NEVER lie. If getting wanded was such an outrage, why enter? I would have left.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #19  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:07 PM
ContinentalOp's Avatar
ContinentalOp ContinentalOp is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,485
Likes: 3,979
Liked 3,150 Times in 1,194 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500SNW View Post
Maybe have to wear a brightly colored sticker so we can readily be identified in a crowd?
Got you covered:



Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Like Post:
  #20  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Pisgah Pisgah is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 2,169
Likes: 6
Liked 2,171 Times in 810 Posts
Default

The sniper in the projection booth has you zeroed in, just in case...
__________________
Pisgah
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #21  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Cal44 Cal44 is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,777
Likes: 3,590
Liked 4,117 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default

There must have been a specific threat at that theater.

No theater could afford to wand and check every patron all day long.

Theaters operate on small margins and are barely viable already.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #22  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:21 PM
nachogrande nachogrande is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gods waiting room, W/C FL
Posts: 2,640
Likes: 2,378
Liked 3,011 Times in 1,363 Posts
Default CHECK THIS WEEKS SUPERMARKET FLYERS.

There's a 1/2 off coupon for tin foil. GREAT, now it takes longer to get into a theater, than on a plane.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:25 PM
ContinentalOp's Avatar
ContinentalOp ContinentalOp is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,485
Likes: 3,979
Liked 3,150 Times in 1,194 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal44 View Post
There must have been a specific threat at that theater.

No theater could afford to wand and check every patron all day long.

Theaters operate on small margins and are barely viable already.
After 9/11 movie theaters in my area had armed guards doing bag checks. That didn't last very long.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:40 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default

I cannot explain why the theater did this but it wasn't costly to them because this theater has excess people, anyway.

As for this:

Quote:
If getting wanded was such an outrage, why enter? I would have left.
I never said it was an outrage. I was amused by the procedure and didn't care at all. Had the LEO said I couldn't bring my weapon in then I would have gone back to the car with it. It's not that big a deal and it is, as noted before, private property and the property owner's prerogative.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:57 PM
500SNW 500SNW is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 730
Likes: 1,241
Liked 1,015 Times in 413 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
I think that American society is WAY WAY WAY past the point where readily consenting to these types of procedures is not considered "the norm". They have already taken "the mile" in the name of security. Zillions of us take off our shoes to pass through airport security, we are "wanded" there as well, or go through machines that xray us. Zillions of us get wanded or go through metal detectors in every major sports arena in the country. We get wanded or go through metal detectors at state fairs, amusement parks, and a host of other venues. Nobody complains, nobody blinks - everyone just grins and bears it.

So, if it concerns anyone that a theater would wand its patrons for security purposes you're living in the past. They check for all sorts of weapons, knives, guns, and bombs. Etcetera. IT IS DEFINITELY THE NORM.
Well...you did ask for our comments...and I gave you mine
__________________
Libertad o Muerte
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #26  
Old 04-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Glashaus Glashaus is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 684
Likes: 765
Liked 1,874 Times in 436 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman51 View Post
That was interesting to hear. I haven't been to a movie theater in or around Houston in many years so I now wonder is this happening in or around Houston.
I don't know how I could tell the guy over there where I would be sitting till I was inside the theater though.

I do think I could probably leave my gun in my car and still feel safe doing so going into that theater. But then I thought what about when I was leaving the theater and I didn't have my gun for protection on me. A real nut job knowing the theater scans for guns might think those coming out of theater could be easy pickings. LOL But that might cause him, like in your case, to be surprised by someone having a gun.

Stopping gun violence, mass shootings, could be greatly slowed without to much effort but that obviously isn't the desire wanted. I would feel much safer going into a theater that protects people like the one you described. Same thing in schools.....it is about time schools weren't safe zones for shooters. Some people just can't get past ignorance I guess.
There are movie theaters in Houston that do not have 30.06(no concealed carry) or 30.07(no open carry) signs posted and you can carry in those, there are others that do have the signs and no firearms allowed, you just need to know the situation where you are going. I go to the ones that I can carry and do not patronize those that do not allowe CC. Really in Texas you can CC in most places that you go, just know where you can’t.
__________________
Life NRA, Life TSRA, C&R FFL

Last edited by Glashaus; 04-05-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #27  
Old 04-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Mule Packer's Avatar
Mule Packer Mule Packer is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 2,251
Likes: 6,230
Liked 10,180 Times in 1,738 Posts
Default

Hmmm. Kinda reminds me of this.

__________________
Pack light and cinch tight.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Like Post:
  #28  
Old 04-05-2018, 07:34 PM
TomkinsSP's Avatar
TomkinsSP TomkinsSP is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: May 2017
Location: E of America's Great Lake
Posts: 2,289
Likes: 1,204
Liked 3,389 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
Nahhhh.....it's just theater security and, REMEMBER, it is private property and a private property owner can do whatever it wants to secure the property - anything legal is permitted.
Not a lawyer, but I would be willing to bet a property owner could not do ANYTHING they want to secure a property where they have invited the public or sold licences for a performance. As stated earlier terms of the licence to attend a performance are printed on the ticket, so if they take your Super 8 equipment they are likely on solid legal ground. I have seen many businesses sued (and lose) over restrictions unilaterally imposed. But you will miss tonites performance.
__________________
Certified Curmudgeon
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #29  
Old 04-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Wise_A Wise_A is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,173
Likes: 1,967
Liked 2,868 Times in 1,219 Posts
Default

It's one of those things, TSP. We're not a protected class, and (I'm not trying to make a 2A rabblerouse here) most people just view it as "leave your gun at home". It's just a thing you can either bring or not bring, not a question of how we identify ourselves.

What's not understood is that for a lot of gun-folk, it's exactly that. I can no more change my identity as a "gun person" than I can cease to be male, or a sarcastic smart-***. Shooting and shooting sports are too connected to how I think about myself. If a lot of your favorite memories growing up involve firearms, you can't simply choose to erase them. So many of Same thing comes up periodically on other forums: "I'm dating this girl, but she hates the fact that I own guns, and doesn't want me to carry or have them around". Then she doesn't like you, dude, she likes the version of you she wants to create.

So if someone were to claim the practice is discriminatory, non-gun-folk (and a pretty hefty portion of gun owners, I bet) would dismiss them as whackjobs, when discrimination is exactly what it feels like. That's why when you enact a law that criminalizes law-abiding gun owners, people react strongly--because you've hurt them, and you've made it personal.

Also, the above argument about identity has a pretty high success rate when talking with regular folks and mildly anti-gun types.

Last edited by Wise_A; 04-05-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Like Post:
  #30  
Old 04-05-2018, 08:44 PM
TomkinsSP's Avatar
TomkinsSP TomkinsSP is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: May 2017
Location: E of America's Great Lake
Posts: 2,289
Likes: 1,204
Liked 3,389 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default

Not just what Wise A says but 2 additional issues.

People wearing RC Cola shirts, or not wearing neckties are not protected classes, but years ago there was a children's concert at a ice rink in the town I lived in. I forget either Pepsi or Coke were major sponsors. The rink management denied entry to people wearing shirts that had the name, logo, whatever of thier compeditor. Made the news.

Of course there was no boilerplate on the ticket prohibiting said shirts. Rink was sued and lost. In similar situations where people have not been seated at events they bought licences (tickets) for, in my imperfect recollection if it is not illegal, and not printed on the ticket or openly displayed such as the no CCW signs mentioned management looses.

As a practical matter your carry weapon is safest on your person, not in a car that can be burguled. Also you are safer not being known to be unarmed because of someones asine policy.
__________________
Certified Curmudgeon
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Like Post:
  #31  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:01 PM
IAhunter's Avatar
IAhunter IAhunter is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cochise County, Arizona
Posts: 230
Likes: 137
Liked 151 Times in 69 Posts
Default

I hope my local theatre doesn't start wanding, they might find my duty gun and badge. ; )
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #32  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:03 PM
TX-Dennis TX-Dennis is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West Texas
Posts: 1,408
Likes: 3,087
Liked 1,593 Times in 764 Posts
Default

I have mixed feelings about that. I have carried into concerts and other live performances locally. No signs means I'm good to go.

Local movie theaters all have the 30.07 sign, and some have the 30.06 as well.

Your experience reminds me a bit of the Texas State Capitol building. There is a separate entrance for those who are licensed to carry. We bypass the metal detector, and a state trooper swipes your license to make sure it's valid, then he says go ahead, sir.
__________________
Or something like that . . .
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Like Post:
  #33  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:06 PM
squidsix squidsix is online now
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 1,994
Likes: 506
Liked 1,212 Times in 454 Posts
Default

I would do an about face and not return to that establishment. I have done many times. Eventually they will suffer the economic losses from folks walking off when they realize that practices like this suck, and only hurt the law abiding.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Like Post:
  #34  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:48 PM
nachogrande nachogrande is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gods waiting room, W/C FL
Posts: 2,640
Likes: 2,378
Liked 3,011 Times in 1,363 Posts
Default THEY AINT NEW.

As I recall, the first wands I saw being used were at a bar/club with a "rough" clientele, app late 90's/ early 2000's??? Many other places to spend my money.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-05-2018, 10:26 PM
two-bit cowboy's Avatar
two-bit cowboy two-bit cowboy is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: In Wyoming's Winds
Posts: 2,650
Likes: 6,969
Liked 5,992 Times in 1,694 Posts
Default

I applaud your calm logic, Yoda.

The others' comments haven't swayed me in either direction. Talk's cheap, and I believe some missed the "live performance" bit.

If I were in your situation I would have done the same as you. Your observation that the other patrons didn't know you were singled out or why is typical of today's society. Everyone's self-importance seems to reign supreme.
__________________
Paddle your own canoe
Bob
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #36  
Old 04-05-2018, 10:28 PM
LenS LenS is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 257
Likes: 255
Liked 144 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAhunter View Post
I hope my local theatre doesn't start wanding, they might find my duty gun and badge. ; )
MY Wife and I have attended a number of movies in pre-view status. Some wanded people and forbid bringing cell phones into the theater to prevent bootleg copies being made. I spoke with their security and when they wanded me it didn't go off. Had it gone off they indeed would have found my gun and badge. I did go to my car and locked our phones up, I'm not giving my phone (they put them in paper bags) or gun to anyone. It seems that their wands were strictly for RF (electronics), not metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidsix View Post
I would do an about face and not return to that establishment. I have done many times. Eventually they will suffer the economic losses from folks walking off when they realize that practices like this suck, and only hurt the law abiding.
Not really, he said it was a live show where he bought tickets in advance. So they already had his money. If he left willingly, he forfeits that money.
__________________
MA Gun Law & NRA Instructor
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:28 AM
Goblin Goblin is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: May 2014
Location: North Texas
Posts: 1,243
Likes: 1,835
Liked 793 Times in 428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal44 View Post
There must have been a specific threat at that theater.

No theater could afford to wand and check every patron all day long.

Theaters operate on small margins and are barely viable already.
$4 for a small Coke and $4 for a small popcorn. I do wonder how they can get by.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-06-2018, 09:13 AM
stansdds stansdds is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 602
Likes: 58
Liked 524 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post

Okay, whatever. I do it and when I get to "man standing over there" he has a kind of a notebook open and he asks me to put my license number in column 1, my name in column 2, where I will be sitting, etc., and that was that. "Have a good time, enjoy the show, yadda blah".

I kind of liked that system. Where they allow guns but want to know who has them and where they are - works for me!

Comments?
Collecting of names of people who have CCW permits. What is going to happen to that list? Who will be able to gain access to that information? I think in many states this is protected information, not public and not for purposes of identification.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Like Post:
  #39  
Old 04-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Wise_A Wise_A is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,173
Likes: 1,967
Liked 2,868 Times in 1,219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansdds
Collecting of names of people who have CCW permits. What is going to happen to that list?
Dick's/Field & Stream does the same thing around here. Our fine state was supposed to build a NICS-like system for ammo purchases, which they never did. So D/F&S took it upon themselves to log, for some ungodly reason, pistol permit numbers with handgun ammo sales.

They don't log anything for long-gun ammo sales, even when it's a pistol-caliber cartridge, because the clerks are poorly-trained and, I think, more interested in not creating problems for themselves than obeying their corporate masters.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #40  
Old 04-06-2018, 11:42 AM
SMSgt SMSgt is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,999
Likes: 835
Liked 2,025 Times in 979 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
Dick's/Field & Stream does the same thing around here. Our fine state was supposed to build a NICS-like system for ammo purchases, which they never did. So D/F&S took it upon themselves to log, for some ungodly reason, pistol permit numbers with handgun ammo sales.

They don't log anything for long-gun ammo sales, even when it's a pistol-caliber cartridge, because the clerks are poorly-trained and, I think, more interested in not creating problems for themselves than obeying their corporate masters.
There's your problem.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Rastoff's Avatar
Rastoff Rastoff is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal (Near Edwards AFB)
Posts: 13,152
Likes: 2,163
Liked 13,384 Times in 5,293 Posts
Default

I was with you right up to this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
...when I get to "man standing over there" he has a kind of a notebook open and he asks me to put my license number in column 1, my name in column 2, where I will be sitting, etc., and that was that.

I kind of liked that system. Where they allow guns but want to know who has them and where they are - works for me!
What possible reason could they have for knowing who and where they are? It's not like they're coming to you for help if something goes wrong. So, I ask again, what value to them is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
...this is Texas, nobody cares as much as you might think, even the anti-gunners.
This is how the incrementalism starts. They make it commonplace to have inspections when not needed. We comply because we want to see the show and it becomes normal. Make no mistake, this is not normal...yet. Just because you've seen it a lot doesn't make it normal for the rest of us.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TomkinsSP View Post
As a practical matter your carry weapon is safest on your person, not in a car that can be burguled. Also you are safer not being known to be unarmed because of someones asine policy.
This is an important point. Cars at events, movies, theater, sports, etc., are especially soft targets. The thieves know they have at least two hours of uninterrupted time with your car.

You may think that no one is watching, but the thief is. Here are two scenarios:
  • The thief will see that you went in, got wanded and decided to go back to your car. Now they can make an educated guess that you've placed a gun in your car. This increases the chances of your car being burgled.
  • You play the game and keep your gun with you. Like it or not, you're a marked individual. Prior to the inspection you were just a patron. After, you're a patron with a gun to anyone who's paying attention. If a bad guy is watching, they now know you're a valuable target. Prior to the search, any attack on you as an individual would be random and they would HOPE you had something valuable. Now they KNOW you have something valuable i.e. the gun.
Both of these scenarios increase your chances of being a target.


No, I don't like it at all. I'm not concerned at being wanded because I'm legal, but going through a special line and being interrogated is not acceptable.
__________________
Freedom isn't free.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Like Post:
  #42  
Old 04-06-2018, 12:36 PM
nachogrande nachogrande is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gods waiting room, W/C FL
Posts: 2,640
Likes: 2,378
Liked 3,011 Times in 1,363 Posts
Talking AS THE STORY CHANGES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
I am referring to EVERY SINGLE MAJOR OFFICE BUILDING in NYC - MANHATTAN - and ALMOST every tourist locale as well. Let me note that the office buildings in NYC that I tend to walk into when I am there are not little trashy buildings in Hell's Kitchen, they are modern, up to date business offices, sometimes with tourist attractions included, sometimes not.

Since I don't go into office buildings in other locations in NYC's five boroughs I cannot speak to Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, or the Bronx. But I'd wager it is the same.

No conspiracy - not at all. I have no reason to go to California or Massachusetts so I do not do so. I am in NYC three or four times a year. I don't make this stuff up.
Backpeddling from EVERY building to only EVERY "modern" up to date office type buildings. Gee, there are only how many thousands of them? AND they were only too happy to let you examine the blue prints, speak with the architects, and divulge their security systems with you. AND you managed to do all that in SUCH A SHORT TIME. Simply amazing. Some may call it UNBELIEVEABLE.

Last edited by nachogrande; 04-06-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:09 PM
GaryS's Avatar
GaryS GaryS is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 7,726
Likes: 5,426
Liked 9,872 Times in 4,054 Posts
Default

Maybe they heard that John Wilkes Booth was trying to sneak in.
__________________
Can open, worms everywhere.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #44  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Sol-Invictus's Avatar
Sol-Invictus Sol-Invictus is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 184
Likes: 108
Liked 222 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
$4 for a small Coke and $4 for a small popcorn. I do wonder how they can get by.
Where are they that cheap? Last time we went to the local theatre I got popcorn and 2 drinks. Handed them a 20 waiting for my change and the kid finally said, "I need 2 more dollars" on a positive note they used to have the anti bill of rights signs, but enough of us went to another theater and dropped off ticket stubs with the manager that after a couple of years they took down the signs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #45  
Old 04-06-2018, 02:00 PM
ContinentalOp's Avatar
ContinentalOp ContinentalOp is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,485
Likes: 3,979
Liked 3,150 Times in 1,194 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Maybe they heard that John Wilkes Booth was trying to sneak in.
OMG! Were they showing Our American Cousin?!?!

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Aemsl69's Avatar
Aemsl69 Aemsl69 is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 258
Likes: 760
Liked 564 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
So, a new experience in the world of concealed carry.

If you go to NYC you know that every building has a metal detector and every event has one, too. Their paranoia has no limits.

But that's not true everywhere - yet. But we are working on it.

Last night I went to a show at a venue that I will not name that has no signs about guns and has never evidenced any concern about concealed firearms. They still have no signs. But they had two police officers in the lobby and 5 or 6 employees wanding folks as they walked in. Wanding everyone and checking purses, etc. Very New York-like.

Of course I had a handgun with me so I was not sure what to do; the car wasn't that far away if I had to leave and toss the gun into the trunk. But this just seems different so I approached a police officer and explained my dilemma.

"Are you law enforcement?"

"No - CHL".

"Oh, okay, stand in this line here and after she wands you go to that lady over there and she will take you over to that man standing over there....."

Okay, whatever. I do it and when I get to "man standing over there" he has a kind of a notebook open and he asks me to put my license number in column 1, my name in column 2, where I will be sitting, etc., and that was that. "Have a good time, enjoy the show, yadda blah".

I kind of liked that system. Where they allow guns but want to know who has them and where they are - works for me!

Comments?
Find a different venue! No one's business if I'm carrying!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #47  
Old 04-06-2018, 02:35 PM
bigggbbruce's Avatar
bigggbbruce bigggbbruce is offline
Member
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where this month?
Posts: 2,211
Likes: 148
Liked 2,301 Times in 977 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
I kind of liked that system. Where they allow guns but want to know who has them and where they are - works for me!

Comments?
Should have asked them if you could go get the gun case with the AR in it..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-06-2018, 02:51 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
Backpeddling from EVERY building to only EVERY "modern" up to date office type buildings. Gee, there are only how many thousands of them? AND they were only too happy to let you examine the blue prints, speak with the architects, and divulge their security systems with you. AND you managed to do all that in SUCH A SHORT TIME. Simply amazing. Some may call it UNBELIEVEABLE.
Y'all are making a mountain out of a molehill here but I like it. Fun discussion!

First, if you don't like a little "puffery" in your conversations then never again can you say that you do something "all the time". Because you cannot possible do something specific "all the time". Sometimes, you're doing something else.

Second, when I say "every" here it means every office building I have walked into. When you walk into enough of them it is easy to generalize that EVERY high dollar office building is doing this. You can bet that lower quality buildings don't do it but if you do not understand the mentality of New Yorkers you are missing the point. They live in a kingdom - they are subjects to a king, whether it is the Mayor or the Governor. Everything they do is scrutinized or taxed or both. And the folks in charge have a HIGH LEVEL of paranoia. So when I say "every" maybe it's puffery but don't for a minute think it's far from the truth. it is not.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #49  
Old 04-06-2018, 02:59 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomkinsSP View Post
Not a lawyer, but I would be willing to bet a property owner could not do ANYTHING they want to secure a property where they have invited the public or sold licences for a performance. As stated earlier terms of the licence to attend a performance are printed on the ticket, so if they take your Super 8 equipment they are likely on solid legal ground. I have seen many businesses sued (and lose) over restrictions unilaterally imposed. But you will miss tonites performance.
Within reason you would be incorrect. I am a lawyer so please factor in some 4 decades of experience and knowledge. There is a world of difference between T-shirts with logos and SECURING A PRIVATE BUILDING. A private property owner can do ANYTHING legal to secure his property - and all this theater was doing was making sure that they knew who had firearms and where they were sitting. It is their right - and private property rights reign supreme in these circumstances.

I didn't care. You have a right to care - and you have a right to leave. And never go back! But you do not have a right to object to it.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-06-2018, 03:04 PM
ISCS Yoda's Avatar
ISCS Yoda ISCS Yoda is offline
US Veteran
Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater Wanding patrons at a theater  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,723
Likes: 1,058
Liked 5,093 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default

Quote:
I hope my local theatre doesn't start wanding, they might find my duty gun and badge.
Surprise surprise, IAHunter! That is EXACTLY what they would find. And they were asking police officers to do EXACTLY what they were asking licensees to do - I mean exactly as in precisely as in 100% the same. They asked if I was a police officer. I said that in my original post.

Remember the book I mentioned?

When I went over to the "guy" there were three entries when I was done, looking very much like this:

1234567 Joe Dokes Seat A1B1

PO Stan Stanislaus Smith Seat Z1X2

9876543 ISCS Yoda Seat Y7G5

Anyone wanna guess what PO stood for?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TN businesses liable for results if patrons disarmed watsonrg Concealed Carry & Self Defense 14 07-15-2016 10:25 AM
Movie Theater Behavior wuluf The Lounge 28 02-16-2016 04:49 PM
Theater Seats for Seniors skrazo The Lounge 1 05-11-2015 01:28 AM
A.D. in Nevada theater Stevens The Lounge 4 08-16-2012 06:15 PM
theater movie projectors Stevens The Lounge 6 04-06-2009 12:34 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.42 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
S-W Forum, LLC 2000-2018
Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)