Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > >


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2018, 10:25 PM
johngross johngross is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 153
Likes: 36
Liked 98 Times in 32 Posts
Default Mag pops out with pocket carry

Years ago I bought a Kel-Tec P32 when they first came out. Being left handed I carried it in my left front pocket with a cheap Uncle Mike's holster. This resulted in the mag release button facing outward.

At the time my job was physical, lifting boxes, bending down, climbing ladders, etc. On a couple of occasions when I got home and removed the gun from my pocket, the mag had become unseated. My guess would be something hit or put pressure on my leg right where the gun was and contacted the mag release button. I wound up giving the gun to my brother-in-law and went back to a J Frame.

Fast forward to now, and I've decided to try an auto for pocket carry again. So I bought a Glock 42 and a Ruger LCP II. The Glock has a reversible mag release but the Ruger doesn't, so I'll start with the Ruger.

First, I guess it would be advisable to avoid the thin, cheap $10 holsters?

Second. I'm considering the Desantis Super Fly which comes with a removable pad to further conceal the outline of the gun/holster in your pocket (see picture below) to make it look more squarish like a wallet. I'm thinking the pad combined with the holster itself covering the mag button would require considerable pressure to unseat the magazine?



And finally, I have zero experience with Kydex, but would the hard plastic(?) material better protect the mag button from accidental release if pressure is applied in that area?

Other thoughts/options are welcome, but I don't want to do any modification to the gun (such as grinding down the mag button).

Thank you.

EDIT ADDED: The gun won't be worn during physical activity. Just normal everyday activity. Going out to eat, grocery shopping, getting in and out of the car, etc.

Last edited by johngross; 10-11-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2018, 10:33 PM
white cloud white cloud is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way Down South
Posts: 593
Likes: 716
Liked 624 Times in 275 Posts
Default

I would make sure the magazine button is covered by the kydex holster. IMHO, Murphy looms large and thats why a lot of people on this forum like J Frames. I am one of those people.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Like Post:
  #3  
Old 10-11-2018, 11:41 PM
.455_Hunter's Avatar
.455_Hunter .455_Hunter is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Front Range of Colorado
Posts: 756
Likes: 586
Liked 740 Times in 282 Posts
Default

This is the reason why I like stiff heel mag releases. Positive retention of the primary magazine is more important than shaving a second of your reload time.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Like Post:
  #4  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Steve912 Steve912 is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,293
Likes: 1,216
Liked 1,070 Times in 582 Posts
Default

Easy fix, just grind down the mag release button.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #5  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:38 AM
TX-Dennis TX-Dennis is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West Texas
Posts: 1,437
Likes: 3,155
Liked 1,636 Times in 785 Posts
Default

It may have just been an issue with the P32. I've pocket carried a Ruger LC9s and more recently a CZ Rami (heavy) in a DeSantis Nemesis for years and never had a mag come out.
__________________
Or something like that . . .
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #6  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Breakaway500's Avatar
Breakaway500 Breakaway500 is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,051
Likes: 4,951
Liked 2,168 Times in 630 Posts
Default

My P32 has literally thousands of pocket miles..carried loose..and I have never had a problem with the magazine releasing. I did have a P3AT which is the same basic pistol,only in 380..and the mag release was very easy to bump/release. I replaced the mag release catch (available directly from Kel-Tec) and it was cured. It is possible your catch may be not as "sharp" as it once was,especially if you remove/replace your magazines a lot. It is a steel magazine notch engaged by a plastic edge..so it does wear out over time. Not that hard to replace and inexpensive. If you no longer have the gun..disregard my response..

Last edited by Breakaway500; 10-12-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #7  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 AM
max503 max503 is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Illinois near STL
Posts: 218
Likes: 50
Liked 233 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Excellent write-up, OP. I wish I was as articulate as you.
This is one of the reasons I carry a J frame, and not my Colt Pocketlite 380. Twice, that Colt ejected its magazine while in my pocket, while in a stiff leather pocket holster. I'm pretty active. It happened once while I was crawling on my belly. Anybody else change their own oil?
I'm of the belief that reliability is the #1 concern with a CC gun. Semi-autos are all the rage, and I own several, but a revolver fits my lifestyle better. It gives me more peace of mind.

Like someone said, Murphy's out there.

Last edited by max503; 10-12-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #8  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:56 AM
wingriderz wingriderz is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,387
Likes: 2,154
Liked 1,859 Times in 963 Posts
Default

Have the .32 of which you speak and also the .380. Never issue with either. I took was working where labor stuff happened alot those two rotated in my right pocket for years in blackhawk pocket holsters. In right pocket.
__________________
Spin The Wheel
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #9  
Old 10-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Muss Muggins's Avatar
Muss Muggins Muss Muggins is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: southeast Missouri
Posts: 9,998
Likes: 3,878
Liked 13,678 Times in 4,663 Posts
Default

I use a leather wallet style holster to pocket carry my KelTec. Instead of messing with the pistol, I cut a little hole in the holster where the magazine catch would ride, a touch bigger than the catch. Problem solved . . .
__________________
Wisdom comes thru fear . . .
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #10  
Old 10-12-2018, 01:44 PM
gwpercle's Avatar
gwpercle gwpercle is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 3,621
Likes: 2,135
Liked 2,922 Times in 1,534 Posts
Default

Give it to your brother in law and go back to the J-frame !
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #11  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Erich's Avatar
Erich Erich is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: High Desert of NM, USA
Posts: 5,107
Likes: 4,418
Liked 5,065 Times in 1,631 Posts
Default

I'm a southpaw as well, and the mag releases popping have been a big hassle since I've been carrying semiautos (IWB or pocket_. (Butt releases are great on my concealed guns - I'm not Rob Leatham, I don't carry guns for IPSC and I don't see any reason to pretend I am.) The advent of reversible mag releases has been a real boon to me.



But I can tell you that I've had mag releases pop even with kydex holsters that covered the mag release. Good luck to you - this was part of the reason I ditched my P32 fifteen or so years ago.
__________________
Now go make God proud...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #12  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Kurusu's Avatar
Kurusu Kurusu is online now
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,696
Likes: 10,124
Liked 3,946 Times in 1,299 Posts
Default

Maybe that's why Europeans insisted in the heel magazine release.
__________________
Non omnia possumus omnes
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Like Post:
  #13  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:14 PM
RGVshooter RGVshooter is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1,169
Likes: 1,008
Liked 1,316 Times in 583 Posts
Default

I've been carrying my Kel Tec P32 for the past several months in a Desantis IWB #106 Sof-Tuck and never had a problem with the mag release.

Side note;

After carrying this lil' thing around for awhile and then picking up a Bodyguard 380, the 380 felt like a "real gun".
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #14  
Old 10-12-2018, 04:07 PM
rwsmith's Avatar
rwsmith rwsmith is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: (outside) Charleston, SC
Posts: 25,575
Likes: 30,876
Liked 22,105 Times in 10,770 Posts
Default That would be really Barney Fife....

....to pull out your gun and have the mag drop out.
__________________
"He was kinda funny lookin'"
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #15  
Old 10-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Old cop Old cop is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,744
Likes: 1,415
Liked 8,878 Times in 2,654 Posts
Default

I’m a lefty too and my LCP mag popped out frequently enough that I now carry my no-lock 340PD. I tried the Kydex holster route, along w/many others, to no avail. It’s a shame b/c the LCP is so accurate, reliable and easy to carry but this is a risk I’m not willing to take.
__________________
Old Cop
LEO (Ret.)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #16  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:19 PM
kthom kthom is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Texas
Posts: 1,928
Likes: 3,071
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,155 Posts
Default

You guys need to go back and read Mr. Muggin's post. I carried a Kel Tec in my left front Wrangler britches for several years. Instead of a snuff can ring on the outside of my britches, I had a pretty clear silhouette of that Kel Tec pocket holster there. I tried several holsters over the years and all of them would pop the mag at one time or another. I finally wised up and did exactly what Muss recommended. Whether leather or kydex, I made a hole in the side of the holster directly over the mag release button and I made sure it was some bigger than the button. I used a leather punch on the leather holsters and I heated up a 5/16" bolt and pressed it through the kydex on the spot where the material contacted the mag release. Heated the kydex just a bit and then tapped on the outside with a big round dowel on the inside to flatten out the kydex that had been melted and pressed to the inside and then smoothed it all out with a fine half round file. With that hole in the side of the holsters, I never had another issue with the mag release being accidentally pressed and released since it did not stick out beyond the outside surface of the holster.

It's a pocket holster (you do use a pocket holster, right?) and nobody sees it but you. If you will make that hole in the right place and make it a bit larger than the surface area of that mag release, this fix will work. But measure twice and make the hole once. Be sure it's located exactly centered on that mag release. I think you will be pleased with the results!

That said, I tend to carry one of my J Frames mostly these days if I'm carrying in my pocket. But there are still times when the smaller semi auto .380 is called for, so I still have use for those holsters!
__________________
So long ... Ken
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #17  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:35 PM
D Brown's Avatar
D Brown D Brown is offline
SWCA Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sumterville, FL
Posts: 1,465
Likes: 6,953
Liked 2,672 Times in 845 Posts
Default Same Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngross View Post
Years ago I bought a Kel-Tec P32 when they first came out. Being left handed I carried it in my left front pocket with a cheap Uncle Mike's holster. This resulted in the mag release button facing outward.

At the time my job was physical, lifting boxes, bending down, climbing ladders, etc. On a couple of occasions when I got home and removed the gun from my pocket, the mag had become unseated. My guess would be something hit or put pressure on my leg right where the gun was and contacted the mag release button. I wound up giving the gun to my brother-in-law and went back to a J Frame.

Fast forward to now, and I've decided to try an auto for pocket carry again. So I bought a Glock 42 and a Ruger LCP II. The Glock has a reversible mag release but the Ruger doesn't, so I'll start with the Ruger.

First, I guess it would be advisable to avoid the thin, cheap $10 holsters?

Second. I'm considering the Desantis Super Fly which comes with a removable pad to further conceal the outline of the gun/holster in your pocket (see picture below) to make it look more squarish like a wallet. I'm thinking the pad combined with the holster itself covering the mag button would require considerable pressure to unseat the magazine?



And finally, I have zero experience with Kydex, but would the hard plastic(?) material better protect the mag button from accidental release if pressure is applied in that area?

Other thoughts/options are welcome, but I don't want to do any modification to the gun (such as grinding down the mag button).

Thank you.

EDIT ADDED: The gun won't be worn during physical activity. Just normal everyday activity. Going out to eat, grocery shopping, getting in and out of the car, etc.
Years ago, I bought a KELTEC P-32 and experienced the exact same thing with the magazine being released while carrying in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I'm also left handed.

I solved this problem by filing down the magazine release button to the point it didn't protrude where it could be easily bumped. I have since carried it for many years and never experienced an unwanted magazine release.

KELTEC P-32 in Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster (with modified magazine release)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
Dave
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #18  
Old 10-13-2018, 12:17 AM
white cloud white cloud is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way Down South
Posts: 593
Likes: 716
Liked 624 Times in 275 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu View Post
Maybe that's why Europeans insisted in the heel magazine release.
Exactly! Ever see any of those older Browning .380s? Lots of "ex-sperts" thought the magazine release on the heel was dumb. Maybe not so bad an idea if you have to roll around on the ground a bit before drawing your pistol. Oh wait, fights never go to the ground do they?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #19  
Old 10-13-2018, 05:31 AM
Old cop Old cop is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,744
Likes: 1,415
Liked 8,878 Times in 2,654 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthom View Post
You guys need to go back and read Mr. Muggin's post. I carried a Kel Tec in my left front Wrangler britches for several years. Instead of a snuff can ring on the outside of my britches, I had a pretty clear silhouette of that Kel Tec pocket holster there. I tried several holsters over the years and all of them would pop the mag at one time or another. I finally wised up and did exactly what Muss recommended. Whether leather or kydex, I made a hole in the side of the holster directly over the mag release button and I made sure it was some bigger than the button. I used a leather punch on the leather holsters and I heated up a 5/16" bolt and pressed it through the kydex on the spot where the material contacted the mag release. Heated the kydex just a bit and then tapped on the outside with a big round dowel on the inside to flatten out the kydex that had been melted and pressed to the inside and then smoothed it all out with a fine half round file. With that hole in the side of the holsters, I never had another issue with the mag release being accidentally pressed and released since it did not stick out beyond the outside surface of the holster.

It's a pocket holster (you do use a pocket holster, right?) and nobody sees it but you. If you will make that hole in the right place and make it a bit larger than the surface area of that mag release, this fix will work. But measure twice and make the hole once. Be sure it's located exactly centered on that mag release. I think you will be pleased with the results!

That said, I tend to carry one of my J Frames mostly these days if I'm carrying in my pocket. But there are still times when the smaller semi auto .380 is called for, so I still have use for those holsters!
Can you post a picture(s) of this for us?
__________________
Old Cop
LEO (Ret.)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-13-2018, 07:01 AM
Muss Muggins's Avatar
Muss Muggins Muss Muggins is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: southeast Missouri
Posts: 9,998
Likes: 3,878
Liked 13,678 Times in 4,663 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old cop View Post
Can you post a picture(s) of this for us?
Here’s mine. R J Hedley holster. I’m left handed. That holster is carried in my left back pocket, where a wallet would normally be for a lefty. I carry my wallet left front, so pistol goes left rear when I feel like carrying this particular setup. You can see the imprint of the KelTec, with the mag catch hole right where it needs to be . . .

For those interested in the holster, here's a link to the site. Family run business. As I recall, R J may have passed on, but the family is keeping it going last I heard . . .

Hedley Pocket Holsters
Attached Thumbnails
Mag pops out with pocket carry-433d3693-93c9-4604-96e3-78036c64e87a-jpg  
__________________
Wisdom comes thru fear . . .

Last edited by Muss Muggins; 10-13-2018 at 07:05 AM. Reason: added a sentence
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #21  
Old 10-13-2018, 08:10 AM
Steve912 Steve912 is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,293
Likes: 1,216
Liked 1,070 Times in 582 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Brown View Post

I solved this problem by filing down the magazine release button to the point it didn't protrude where it could be easily bumped. I have since carried it for many years and never experienced an unwanted magazine release.
That's the way to do it. Go to the problem, not the
symptom.

The holster's not the problem, it's the degree of protrusion of
the mag release. You don't need or want anything like an
"extended" release on a carry gun that can be accidentally
actuated, whether by pressure in holster, or pressure from
a hasty grip under stress.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-13-2018, 08:18 AM
Muss Muggins's Avatar
Muss Muggins Muss Muggins is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: southeast Missouri
Posts: 9,998
Likes: 3,878
Liked 13,678 Times in 4,663 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve912 View Post
That's the way to do it. Go to the problem, not the
symptom.

The holster's not the problem, it's the degree of protrusion of
the mag release. You don't need or want anything like an
"extended" release on a carry gun that can be accidentally
actuated, whether by pressure in holster, or pressure from
a hasty grip under stress.
Clearly there are two different schools of thought here. Some take a file to a $300 pistol, some take a hole punch to a $40 holster. Both achieve the same result. I'd rather not take the risk of Dremeling just a tad too much off my pistol, but hey, as Gramma Muggins used to say, there's a lid for every pot. Somebody's gotta keep gunsmiths and parts suppliers in business. Others of us choose to keep holster makers in business . . .
__________________
Wisdom comes thru fear . . .
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Like Post:
  #23  
Old 10-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Erich's Avatar
Erich Erich is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: High Desert of NM, USA
Posts: 5,107
Likes: 4,418
Liked 5,065 Times in 1,631 Posts
Default

True on the two schools of thought. I've filed down the mag release on my LCP to good effect and I've punched divots into holsters for other guns. Whatever works for the particular problem you have. (He types, wearing the P320 Subcompact with the mag release switched over to the RH side.)
__________________
Now go make God proud...
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #24  
Old 10-13-2018, 05:38 PM
kthom kthom is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Texas
Posts: 1,928
Likes: 3,071
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,155 Posts
Default

Muss Muggins picture demonstrates the concept of making a hole in your holster at the location of the mag release very well. I could show you mine but it would basically show you the same thing. I tend to agree with Muss also about making the mag release smaller or shorter. When I want to release the mag, I don't want to have to hunt for it or have to make more movement or contortion than absolutely necessary to get a good clean release. I don't want an extended length mag release either, but i prefer not have a shorter one either. The relief provided by the hole in the holster where the mag release touches gets the job done well for me. Now if your mag release happens not to be covered by the holster and is exposed as is the one in the picture above posted by D Brown, then there is no place for the relief hole and so perhaps if the problem exists in that case, your choice would be to file down the mag release or buy a different holster. My choice was to buy a different holster.
__________________
So long ... Ken
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #25  
Old 10-13-2018, 07:46 PM
bulletslap bulletslap is offline
Member
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 350
Likes: 245
Liked 556 Times in 201 Posts
Default

Since I only carry my KelTec 380 as a backup i have strongly considered adding some sort of heel catch to it. I haven't quite figured out how yet.

The Savage Pocket Pistols have an excellent latch, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM
Whitwabit Whitwabit is offline
US Veteran
Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry Mag pops out with pocket carry  
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 2,739
Likes: 1,258
Liked 2,406 Times in 1,184 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muss Muggins View Post
I use a leather wallet style holster to pocket carry my KelTec. Instead of messing with the pistol, I cut a little hole in the holster where the magazine catch would ride, a touch bigger than the catch. Problem solved . . .
I punched out a hole in my wallet style holster for my P238
also .. it had never released but had heard of it happening and a friends KelTec holster release his mag also ..

So as a precaution I did it in advance of any trouble .. was very simple to do ..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pocket Carry ? Lema Lema Michael Foxtrot Smith & Wesson M&P Pistols 30 03-15-2018 07:29 PM
pocket carry cs9? B.O.F.H. Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols 11 07-19-2013 10:26 PM
Best gun for pocket carry jeff1752 Concealed Carry & Self Defense 51 06-04-2013 09:55 AM
Does anyone carry 686 in pocket? 64tinc S&W Revolvers: 1980 to the Present 19 02-19-2012 09:36 AM
Pocket carry with 442? C/O S&W Revolvers: 1980 to the Present 41 09-12-2011 05:01 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.42 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
S-W Forum, LLC 2000-2018
Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)