Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961

Notices

S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 All 5-Screw & Vintage 4-Screw SWING-OUT Cylinder REVOLVERS, and the 35 Autos and 32 Autos

Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread? I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread? I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread? I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread? I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread?  
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default I had a idea Can We do a Department Shooting team tread?

I was thinking of a late 50's to mid 60's style revolver If you could go back and do it then What would you build or who would you send it off to?
I was thinking a 5" heavy barreled K Frame in .38special wearing a King front sight the one with the mirror and gold bead. the rear would be a stock Smith rear white outline. some sort of smoothing of the internals a right hand bend hammer and a shoe on the trigger.
As for stocks?..dressy right hand swell checkered affair of some sort....
well its a start...
so take it and run with it.
Those of you with a vast collection provide some period examples if you could to educate us younger shooters.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 AM
US Veteran
I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread? I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread? I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread? I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread? I had a idea  Can We do a Department Shooting team tread?  
Liked 22,390 Times in 8,268 Posts

What you have described would be great, but I would have the trigger ground smooth and be the medium width, not the wide target trigger and definitely not a trigger shoe. When you are shooting lots of double action, you don't appreciate the serrations on the trigger. For PPC and Bullseye both you would shoot the rapid fire and probably the timed fire strings double action.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Administrator
Liked 3,973 Times in 600 Posts

This thread might be better suited for the Competitive Shooting forum. Would you like it moved?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default It is a little unnoticied

Lets move it...
Old 03-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Liked 48,746 Times in 9,253 Posts

I moved it here from The Lounge, because of the questions asked-

"If you could go back and do it then What would you build or who would you send it off to? "
"Those of you with a vast collection provide some period examples if you could to educate us younger shooters"

All the old dudes with all the old guns are here.....

We could move it till it clicks......

Last edited by handejector; 03-17-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:01 PM

Liked 2,222 Times in 619 Posts

Something like these? From the Joe Kent museum:

5 inch K-38s: one Illinois; one Missouri.

Colt King Targets formerly owned by local police.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:24 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 1,639 Times in 580 Posts

As SG-688 says, these were and are superb guns for period target work and I can tell you, they still shoot way better than I and my 60 year old eyes can. Thanks SG-688 for posting my guns. All my best, Joe.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Richard View Post
For PPC and Bullseye both you would shoot the rapid fire and probably the timed fire strings double action.
When I was doing it, PPC was shot all double action, and Bullseye (which I still do) is all single action.....yup, even for rapid fire (5 shots in 10 seconds).

Tags
bullseye, k frame, ppc, serrations