Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961
o

Notices

S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 All 5-Screw & Vintage 4-Screw SWING-OUT Cylinder REVOLVERS, and the 35 Autos and 32 Autos

Old 08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up! I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up! I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up! I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up! I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up!  
Liked 878 Times in 279 Posts

Old 08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up! I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up! I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up! I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up! I'm trying to post my 1st pic.. hope nothing blows up!  

Old 08-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Oh heck... ya'll watch out now, I'm dangerous. How do you like the clarity of that pic (sarcasm intended). I would have added text but wasn't sure how just yet. Now, to just learn how to take some quality pics of my shootin irons.

Thanks to all who posted on how to post photos. I just searched the Forum and printed out the instructions. This is going to be fun!

Roger
Old 08-17-2007, 06:14 PM

Good Job Roger! Nice gun too.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:18 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't ya' just hate that flash!

Gorgeous gun dude.........

Woody
Old 08-17-2007, 07:23 PM

Thanks guys....my goal is to experiment and take some good clear close-up detailed photos like you all post.
bd, it was your instructions that I printed out so thanks. Re: this revolver, it is of course a 1905 4th change target with matching numbers including the grips. Grooved gripstraps and trigger with a gold bead front target sight. This is my latest acquisition obtained to receive one of my humpback hammers I got from EBay and it is clearly shooter grade (like Dick suggested). Serial is 6407xx. I will letter it just to see if it was Humpback era but from the serial and the patented hammer and trigger I think it should be close. This one will go plinking soon. Locks up tight and bore and chambers are excellent. It really looks better in person than in that crummy picture.

Roger

(and yes, I do hate that flash). I am perusing my camera manual now to find out how to bypass it and take close up detailed shots.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice photos Roger.

Looking forward to seeing your KC registered mag and related memorbilia

Joe Sharpe

I've always found you can go a lot farther with a smile, a kind word, and a gun, than you can with just a smile and a kind word.
Al Capone, Chicago, 1933
Old 08-19-2007, 08:09 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade
Liked 13,409 Times in 3,290 Posts

The only way that I can avoid the hot spot from the flash is not use one. Try shooting in daylight on a gray or light blue background.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:58 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 6,393 Times in 1,311 Posts

I think this is not one of the known serial
number ranges for hump-back hammers for
.38 M&P's. There may have been some that were
special ordered, but generally they are found
in two serial number ranges. Its as though
they were made up in batches.

Later, Mike Priwer
Old 08-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Yea Mike, apparently no hard and fast rules regarding such a special order item like humpbacks. I just wanted a 30's era gun to be somewhere in the ballpark. Hopefully when I join the SWCA I can find some old info about the HBH's in those back journal articles. I really didn't want a 1st or 2nd (or even 3rd) change M&P. I think that would be too early. Mine is just a shooter and I dearly love the way that humpback feels. By the way, what do you know about the serial number ranges you mention for the known factory HBH's? High 600,000's? Or higher?

Roger

Tags
grooved, swca