Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961

Notices

S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 All 5-Screw & Vintage 4-Screw SWING-OUT Cylinder REVOLVERS, and the 35 Autos and 32 Autos

Old 02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day" Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day" Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day" Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day" Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day"  
Liked 1,285 Times in 264 Posts

Model 28 no dash.
A.A. White - engraver

Enjoy...

Old 02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day" Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day" Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day" Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day" Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day"  

Model 28 no dash.
A.A. White - engraver

Enjoy...

Old 02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 4,156 Times in 1,126 Posts

Great pics and even greater engraved masterpiece.
Just a thought, Executioner stag grips for a final touch?

Thanks for posting.
SWCA #2420
Old 02-03-2009, 08:33 PM
US Veteran
Liked 1,116 Times in 409 Posts

Dat be pretty cool!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Liked 2,499 Times in 368 Posts

Mike ,,so where did this come from? Is it yours?
A 28 no dash would be somewhere in the S190 range.

What's the story ,,you just can"t post pics of an engraved H.P. and leave us H.P. nuts hanging ....

A.A.White ,is that Alvin White?

Regards ,,Crazy Al
Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 PM
US Veteran
Liked 1,028 Times in 351 Posts

I've got this picture of a State Trooper pulling that on a perp ... it would get anyone's attention - don't you think?

Beautiful HP!

Jerry
Old 02-04-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Allen-frame:

What's the story ,,you just can"t post pics of an engraved H.P. and leave us H.P. nuts hanging ....

A.A.White ,is that Alvin White?

Regards ,,Crazy Al
Hi ya, Al...

No story yet other than a wacky gun dealer from Alabama we all know and love called and said "I'm looking at an Alvin White engraved M28, you want it?" I said, "Yep". s/n is S203xxx

I believe I'll need to dig into this one a little.

Oh...and thanks, David!!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Another installment of " There's one you don't see every day"  
Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by pace40:
No story yet other than a wacky gun dealer from Alabama we all know and love called
He never calls me with deals. I think I'm mad at him now.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 1,157 Times in 268 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Quote:
Originally posted by pace40:
No story yet other than a wacky gun dealer from Alabama we all know and love called
He never calls me with deals. I think I'm mad at him now.
Let's see,.. seems to me the last time we were on the subject of "deals", I sent you to Charlie Barnes and said "Dick, BUY that gun, it's a deal !!

After all, what are friends for .. ??

DLC
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Administrator
Liked 48,771 Times in 9,262 Posts

Quote:
No story yet
Pace,
Has that gun been carried/holstered?
I wonder if an LEO just wanted a NICE duty gun?
Very nice!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by handejector:
Pace,
Has that gun been carried/holstered?
QUOTE]

Hi ya, Lee

Thanks...I don't think so. No sign of normal holster wear. Looks like it just sat being looked at. Very slight gun show scuff, slight turn line but not through the blue.

No idea why Mr White would engrave a 28 and I sure have never seen or heard of one before. You know me and the wierd stuff.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Liked 1,466 Times in 592 Posts

I'm going to ask either the stupidest or best question ever (personally, my $$$'s on stupid, bet accordingly) but here goes.

The 28 looks to have a never messed with factory bluing - how do they do that considering that the gun's been engraved?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 6,471 Times in 1,329 Posts

Two ways. One, the gun is sent for engraving in the white, then returned to the
factory for bluing. Or two, The engraver gets the gun reblued after his work.
Probably the first, for this gun.

Later, Mike Priwer
Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Banned
Liked 1,569 Times in 421 Posts

That's a honey!

A little bit of elephant ivory would really make that bad boy sing!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Even a neophyte like me can see that is really something special. Thanks for the insight on how the engraving and blueing were done.

Tags
engraved, engraver, executioner, m28, masterpiece, model 28, sig arms, stag, trooper