Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980

Notices

S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980 3-Screw PINNED Barrel SWING-OUT Cylinder Hand Ejectors WITH Model Numbers

Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 PM
US Veteran
Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go!  
Liked 308 Times in 108 Posts
Default Stag safe queens a go-go!

Not the best shot in the world but here it is anyway. These are a small portion of what I have stuck back and collect. All unused as they shall remain.
A 1974 vintage M15 2" and a similar vintage M28-2, both unfired and wearing some of Patricks excellent stag stocks. The M15 has the box, pprwrk etc, but sadly the M28 does not.
The switchblade is an absolute work of art a Frank Beltrame 11" swing gaurd in stag, red dot safety. I can not say enough about the quaiity of workmanship on his knives.
The round modle sap is just that a bludgeon.
Hope you all enjoy, despite the hideous light conditions.
RD

Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go!  
Liked 16,314 Times in 4,238 Posts

Hi:
Impressive display.
The "Sap" is a Convoy Blackjack, which in my opinion is/was the best/most effective close quarters impact weapon of a long ago era.
Jimmy
Old 09-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Liked 402 Times in 177 Posts

I like that shot with all your tools in the
background. The guns and stag grips are
awesome. Don
Old 09-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Stag safe queens a go-go!  
Liked 44 Times in 11 Posts

Very cool!!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Liked 205 Times in 83 Posts

I have a few safe queens but I shoot the ones I have stags. Here are my 2 with stag grips. Both set of stags were made by our very own Patrick Grasshorn
model 15 customized and 625 customized

Old 09-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Liked 47 Times in 17 Posts

Great looking guns. I love stags.

I have a Convoy blackjack like the one shown. I used to carry it when I worked nights, way back when i was going to college.

My CCL instructor told me they were illegal to carry, and that "you had better not get caught with it."
Old 09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What's that glass thing in the back right?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Liked 101 Times in 34 Posts

Nice looking family there.

I was never a stag person but some of the guns I've been seeing on this forum have been changing my mind.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 PM
US Veteran

Thanks all. I think Stags just add a 'feel' to a firearm, especially for display, or social occasions. I have a big ol' piece of Red Sambar I'm trying to decide what to do with.
JDub, that is an old lab beaker I keep alchohol in, it has the glass stopper and is perfect for putting a Qtip in and tilting over to soak it. I've got another one even older but the label on it is very faded and has what I can make out as having contained some kind of vile acid, so I'm a bit leary of putting anything into it 'just in case'.
RD
Old 09-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithhound View Post
Thanks all. I think Stags just add a 'feel' to a firearm, especially for display, or social occasions. I have a big ol' piece of Red Sambar I'm trying to decide what to do with.
JDub, that is an old lab beaker I keep alchohol in, it has the glass stopper and is perfect for putting a Qtip in and tilting over to soak it. I've got another one even older but the label on it is very faded and has what I can make out as having contained some kind of vile acid, so I'm a bit leary of putting anything into it 'just in case'.
RD
Smithhound, don't worry about using that beaker. I used to manage a lab and I'm not aware of an acid that will etch glass. Reagent grade acids are almost always stored in glass containers. Since it's not etched (the glass) it can't absorb any either. If you want to put your mind at ease dump something alkaline in it for a few minutes like a baking soda/water solution. Any acid left will be neutralized.

Also those are fine looking wheelies. Love the stag grips. I'm into the retro look right now and I like!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:23 PM
US Veteran

Thanks Shadow, I hadn't thought of that. I'll mix some baking soda/water and do just that. I really like old stuff like that.
RD
Old 09-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Stag safe queens a go-go! Stag safe queens a go-go!  
Liked 5,036 Times in 1,631 Posts

Memory lane. My first night on the job featured a M-28 and an even older blackjack loaned to me by an old cop from the Prohibition era. I had to have the wrist strap replaced, but agree with the analysis of its utility in close quarters. The "slappers" just never had the same feel.

Beautiful guns, beautiful grips. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Liked 1,072 Times in 241 Posts

very nice grips I need to get some for my k frames

Tags
k frame, m28, model 15, model 28, model 625, sambar, stag