Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980

Notices

S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980 3-Screw PINNED Barrel SWING-OUT Cylinder Hand Ejectors WITH Model Numbers

Old 01-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ? Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ? Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ? Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ? Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ?  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ?

I just got this nice 64-1, 38 special ctg, 1D72xx stainless steel, 4".
Could you please help me to know the year ?
Thanks in advance !
Old 01-08-2015, 10:46 PM
SWCA Member
Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ? Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ? Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ? Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ? Hello gentlemen, could you please help me to find the year of my S&W ?  
Liked 22,574 Times in 5,847 Posts

That revolver would most likely have been a 1976 gun, possibly a 1977
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
That revolver would most likely have been a 1976 gun, possibly a 1977
Thanks you very much for your response, should I use Hornady 110 grains+P with this gun or that is not a good idea ?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Liked 29,144 Times in 14,091 Posts

It probably shipped in 1977. You have posed one of the most asked questions in the history of the S&W forum. Should you use +P loads? I have no idea whether you should or not, that's up to you. But if you choose to, it is perfectly safe to do so.
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 22,574 Times in 5,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawkup View Post
Thanks you very much for your response, should I use Hornady 110 grains+P with this gun or that is not a good idea ?
If your life is in jeopardy, I think it is a GREAT idea.

While +Ps will accelerate the wear and tear on the firearm. When your life is at stake does that really matter to you?

If you are asking should this be your everyday practice round, I have to say NO. Just on the added expense alone.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalt View Post
It probably shipped in 1977. You have posed one of the most asked questions in the history of the S&W forum. Should you use +P loads? I have no idea whether you should or not, that's up to you. But if you choose to, it is perfectly safe to do so.
You're right, thanks for the advice !
Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
If your life is in jeopardy, I think it is a GREAT idea.

While +Ps will accelerate the wear and tear on the firearm. When your life is at stake does that really matter to you?

If you are asking should this be your everyday practice round, I have to say NO. Just on the added expense alone.
Wise word, thanks a lot.