Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980

Notices

S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980 3-Screw PINNED Barrel SWING-OUT Cylinder Hand Ejectors WITH Model Numbers

Old 06-09-2015, 02:46 PM

Liked 285 Times in 113 Posts
Default How long does it take to get a history letter back?

Three Weeks ago I sent a two letter history request forms for my M-28 and M-15 to S&W along with two $50 checks for each weapon. The checks have not hit the bank yet and I was just wondering how long the turnaround usually takes.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:54 PM
How long does it take to get a history letter back? How long does it take to get a history letter back? How long does it take to get a history letter back? How long does it take to get a history letter back? How long does it take to get a history letter back?  
Liked 3,824 Times in 1,348 Posts

Quite awhile! I recall the two letters that I received from Mr. Jinks took about 3 months. I sent for one two months ago and have not yet received it. Be patient, Mr. Jinks has a lot of these to do and there is a big backlog. When I request a letter, I force myself to just forget about it. Then on the day you open your mailbox and find it, it will be like opening a great birthday present.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 06-09-2015, 02:56 PM

LOL! Right! I'm not griping or complaining. I certainly understand and can wait. There are other things I'm much more eager to get in the mail. I was just curious as to what and when to expect.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:01 PM
SWCA Member
How long does it take to get a history letter back? How long does it take to get a history letter back? How long does it take to get a history letter back? How long does it take to get a history letter back? How long does it take to get a history letter back?  
Liked 12,130 Times in 1,940 Posts

I believe the current backlog is in the magnitude of 5 months.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Liked 4,215 Times in 1,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinn View Post
I believe the current backlog is in the magnitude of 5 months.
That's why if you have a Lew Horton gun, you'll be spoiled as Earl jumps right on the information.. great guy..

I've spoken with Mr. Jinks.. my thought he was having a bad day, he wasn't pleasant.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Liked 23,038 Times in 3,243 Posts

Spoke with Mr. Jinks a couple weeks ago.
He advised it is a 20 week wait.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:33 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 3,912 Times in 1,196 Posts

Yes. I am at 5 months for my past two requests. I'm hoping it's getting close.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Liked 28,122 Times in 8,914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug.38PR View Post
Three Weeks ago I sent a two letter history request forms for my M-28 and M-15 to S&W along with two $50 checks for each weapon. The checks have not hit the bank yet and I was just wondering how long the turnaround usually takes.
My last one was mailed January 3, and the letter arrived the middle of May. It was dated May 14, 2015. As I recall, my check was cashed in about 3 weeks.

Last edited by Muss Muggins; 06-09-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: more detail
Old 06-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Liked 142 Times in 56 Posts

I am awaiting two letters mailed on 1/24/15.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:08 PM
S&W Historian
Liked 11,335 Times in 2,894 Posts

I have spent the day in Mr. Jink's office on several occasions. On one day, the phone rang 45 times. These calls interrupt his writing letters. He is currently doing letters from January.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts

Hi, If you had been able to attend the Spokane SWCA meeting, you could have obtained a hand written letter with ship date and where shipped to signed by Mr. Jinks on the spot. You could have also seen a lot of very cool guns and met a bunch of great folks. I see you are from Louisiana, Join up and attend the Baton Rough show next year. Well worth your time and money. Ken
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 06-09-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
Hi, If you had been able to attend the Spokane SWCA meeting, you could have obtained a hand written letter with ship date and where shipped to signed by Mr. Jinks on the spot. You could have also seen a lot of very cool guns and met a bunch of great folks. I see you are from Louisiana, Join up and attend the Baton Rough show next year. Well worth your time and money. Ken
I might just have to do this. If I promise my wife a trip to Tanger Outlet in Gonzales, LA just south of Baton Rouge, I will be a sure thing