Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > >


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default A dark day...sorta kinda.

It is with much regret that I have nothing to contribute to this forum any longer. Yesterday, I sold my model 66 & bought a PX4 Storm. The money I have left will go towards my wife's S&W Bodyguard. I hated selling it but it is, after all, just (gulp) an inanimate object that, no matter how much I loved it, didn't love me back. I've gone to the dark side & I'm Almost ashamed but getting another gun & enough for half of another one, was too tempting to pass up. Please forgive me.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #2  
Old 03-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Breakaway500's Avatar
Breakaway500 Breakaway500 is offline
SWCA Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 719
Likes: 2,363
Liked 1,375 Times in 390 Posts
Default

PX4 Storm..didn't know what that was..looks pretty cool for an auto. Inanimate objects never love you back..it is the passion you feel for them that makes you need them or want them.....or not. Good luck on the dark side..which really isn't dark..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #3  
Old 03-28-2017, 10:02 AM
dben002 dben002 is offline
Suspended
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Triad Area North Carolina
Posts: 942
Likes: 661
Liked 1,121 Times in 462 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpx4st View Post
It is with much regret that I have nothing to contribute to this forum any longer. Yesterday, I sold my model 66 & bought a PX4 Storm. The money I have left will go towards my wife's S&W Bodyguard. I hated selling it but it is, after all, just (gulp) an inanimate object that, no matter how much I loved it, didn't love me back. I've gone to the dark side & I'm Almost ashamed but getting another gun & enough for half of another one, was too tempting to pass up. Please forgive me.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
You can be forgiven under one condition......wait for the new 2.0 bodyguard..due to announce this summer......rumor has it..supposed to be a better bodyguard with new trigger and sights....current model has a propensity for light primer strikes and the 2.0 is reported to address this problem.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #4  
Old 03-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
You can be forgiven under one condition......wait for the new 2.0 bodyguard..due to announce this summer......rumor has it..supposed to be a better bodyguard with new trigger and sights....current model has a propensity for light primer strikes and the 2.0 is reported to address this problem.
Thanks for the heads up! This is for the wife & it will be her first handgun (rifles are a different story) & she fell in love (there's that pesky emotion again) with it. Loves the Crimson Trace on it! I'll do my best to hold her off. 😎

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-28-2017, 11:50 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpx4st View Post
Thanks for the heads up! This is for the wife & it will be her first handgun (rifles are a different story) & she fell in love (there's that pesky emotion again) with it. Loves the Crimson Trace on it! I'll do my best to hold her off. 😎

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
P.S. Can't quite give up my profile picture just yet. 😐

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2017, 11:55 AM
bigwheelzip's Avatar
bigwheelzip bigwheelzip is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 5,870
Likes: 6,333
Liked 12,190 Times in 3,242 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpx4st View Post
... no matter how much I loved it, didn't love me back.
Curious what your experience was with it???

Enjoy the Storm.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #7  
Old 03-28-2017, 12:47 PM
mod29's Avatar
mod29 mod29 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 326
Likes: 369
Liked 246 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpx4st View Post
It is with much regret that I have nothing to contribute to this forum any longer. Yesterday, I sold my model 66 & bought a PX4 Storm.
Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Don't worry about it!
We'll be right here after you come to your senses and buy another S&W revolver!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #8  
Old 03-28-2017, 12:59 PM
JohnK JohnK is offline
US Veteran
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tennessee., USA
Posts: 675
Likes: 1
Liked 264 Times in 124 Posts
Default

ALL of my treasured firearms, love me back...................
__________________
NRA Instructor
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #9  
Old 03-28-2017, 01:33 PM
JH1951's Avatar
JH1951 JH1951 is offline
US Veteran
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: South-Central Pennsylvani
Posts: 1,020
Likes: 3,265
Liked 906 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Mine all love me! That is what I tell myself, but we all know our love affairs with these things is a one-way street. Let us know how the PX4 Storm works out for you. I think they come in different sizes - which one did you get? You are far from done contributing here.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #10  
Old 03-28-2017, 02:16 PM
Triggernosis Triggernosis is offline
Suspended
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 834
Likes: 144
Liked 270 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Yep, don't fret it - you can always purchase another if you decide to come back to the 66.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #11  
Old 03-28-2017, 05:05 PM
pssman308 pssman308 is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tn
Posts: 329
Likes: 116
Liked 160 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpx4st View Post
It is with much regret that I have nothing to contribute to this forum any longer. Yesterday, I sold my model 66 & bought a PX4 Storm. The money I have left will go towards my wife's S&W Bodyguard. I hated selling it but it is, after all, just (gulp) an inanimate object that, no matter how much I loved it, didn't love me back. I've gone to the dark side & I'm Almost ashamed but getting another gun & enough for half of another one, was too tempting to pass up. Please forgive me.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
I know a fellow East Tennessean that would of gave it a good home.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #12  
Old 03-28-2017, 05:23 PM
0849's Avatar
0849 0849 is offline
US Veteran
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Originally NY, now AZ
Posts: 403
Likes: 766
Liked 505 Times in 204 Posts
Cool Very Cool Choice Beretta PX4 Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpx4st View Post
It is with much regret that I have nothing to contribute to this forum any longer. Yesterday, I sold my model 66 & bought a PX4 Storm. The money I have left will go towards my wife's S&W Bodyguard. I hated selling it but it is, after all, just (gulp) an inanimate object that, no matter how much I loved it, didn't love me back. I've gone to the dark side & I'm Almost ashamed but getting another gun & enough for half of another one, was too tempting to pass up. Please forgive me.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Well, the really good news is that the PX4 Storm line of Beretta pistols are excellent. The only 9mm that I currently own that is not a S&W is the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact. The reason I initially purchased it was that I was intrigued by the rotating bolt design, it does make for very light recoil, feels more like a 22 than a 9, it is also extremely accurate and reliable, so if you had to stray away from S&W you did very good. Not sure if I will get in trouble for mentioning it here, but you might want to check out the berettaforum.net, it is similar to our forum here in that there is an abundance of great technical information and the members tend to be respectful and helpful. The other really cool things about the PX4 Storm is that Beretta offers a lot of accessories, holsters, mags, different safety levers-low profile, 92 style, etc, and if you watch their sales their prices are very reasonable, plus the Beretta Forum made arrangements for its members to automatically get a discount on Beretta accessories.

I initially bought the blued PX4 Compact but then decided I wanted the Inox (Beretta speak for stainless), great pistols, you will enjoy shooting it.
__________________
DAV Life Member
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #13  
Old 03-28-2017, 06:29 PM
automan71 automan71 is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bayou country
Posts: 72
Likes: 235
Liked 85 Times in 28 Posts
Default

I've gone the other route....I have been getting rid of a few semi-autos and purchasing a few older Smiths. Lol!

By the way, the PX4's are great guns.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #14  
Old 03-28-2017, 07:12 PM
zogger52's Avatar
zogger52 zogger52 is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 317
Likes: 36
Liked 234 Times in 115 Posts
Default

I also own the Px4 Compact. It is very nice. I'd put the Beretta D hammer spring in it to lighten the DA. Plus put some Talon grips on it for a better grip.

If you had to switch guns, the Px4 was a great choice.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #15  
Old 03-28-2017, 07:47 PM
iPac's Avatar
iPac iPac is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 611
Likes: 695
Liked 680 Times in 283 Posts
Default

You're forgiven, and made a great choice in plastic. I agree, the PX4 line from Beretta is excellent. I don't care for the sub-compact though.

I have the PX4 compact 9mm, made in Italy (not all are), and it's like the 'goldi-locks' gun of the bunch. Perfect size, easily concealable, great fit and feel in my hand, and it has the awesome 'rotating' barrel system, which I firmly believe makes it more accurate. I can always chew the bullseye out with it. Plus, the compact can take the full size versions mag, up to 21 rounds in 9mm.

The sub-compact lacks the rotating barrel and won't take the full size mags. The other line is the CX4, Beretta's AR type rifle, which will take the same PX4 mags. Then there is the TX4 line which is the tactical shotgun. I don't have either of those, but am really thinking of getting the CX4.

I bought my compact the very first month they came out, but had no idea it was just released. It has a really low serial number. The first run had an overly strong recoil spring and wouldn't cycle cheap ammo, only NATO or +P ammo would cycle reliably in mine. The supposed fix was to run 1000rds through it to loosen it up. Well, about 800rds of Winchester NATO later, Beretta put out a 'recall' notice and issued a new lighter spring to all guns that fell within a certain range. I actually keep the original stiff one in my gun because I shoot stout rounds and it works great.

I also have mine bone stock. Wouldn't mind getting the new spring to lighten the DA pull, but I have pretty much quit carrying it and only carry revolvers now. The factory decocker 'ears' don't bother me either. Over-all, it's a nicely designed gun. External hammer, SA/DA, safety de-cocker. It was $150 less than any Glock, but is about 100x sexier.

I will never get rid of mine, it's the only auto I own.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #16  
Old 03-29-2017, 02:24 AM
gamartin gamartin is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Liked 43 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I sold a gun once. Still hurts after 25 years


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #17  
Old 03-29-2017, 06:47 AM
CajunBass's Avatar
CajunBass CajunBass is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Chesterfield, Va.
Posts: 3,934
Likes: 2,606
Liked 5,259 Times in 1,556 Posts
Default

Don't worry about it. They're just guns, meant to be bought and sold, traded and swapped. There is an "other brands" forum just down the screen a little ways. Pull up a chair there and make yourself at home.

You always have something to contribute. You might not know it yet, but it will turn up.
__________________
John 3:16 .
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #18  
Old 03-29-2017, 07:15 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelzip View Post
Curious what your experience was with it???

Enjoy the Storm.
Evidently, it was a one sided affair. Besides, a gentleman doesn't discuss these intimacies. 😎

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-29-2017, 07:18 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod29 View Post
Don't worry about it!
We'll be right here after you come to your senses and buy another S&W revolver!
Well, I'll still be eligible with my wife's Bodyguard. Just won't be mine. I've already set the stage for a BUG too...you know...just in case.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-29-2017, 07:27 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1951 View Post
Mine all love me! That is what I tell myself, but we all know our love affairs with these things is a one-way street. Let us know how the PX4 Storm works out for you. I think they come in different sizes - which one did you get? You are far from done contributing here.
I got the compact 9mm. I had my eye on one (full size) at another shop but it was used & had been there over 2 years. I talked him down to $400 & lay-a-way but was sure I could slap $350 cash down & he would take it (possibly still an option).
The compact is new & I got it cheaper than even Gun Grabber offers them...plus some boot, so it was impossible to pass. I would love to walk back in there & trade the full size (plus a little) & get it back one day. Who knows?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-29-2017, 07:32 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pssman308 View Post
I know a fellow East Tennessean that would of gave it a good home.
If he's familiar with Knoxville, he probably knows where Harvey's is. That's where the deed was done.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-29-2017, 07:42 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0849 View Post
Well, the really good news is that the PX4 Storm line of Beretta pistols are excellent. The only 9mm that I currently own that is not a S&W is the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact. The reason I initially purchased it was that I was intrigued by the rotating bolt design, it does make for very light recoil, feels more like a 22 than a 9, it is also extremely accurate and reliable, so if you had to stray away from S&W you did very good. Not sure if I will get in trouble for mentioning it here, but you might want to check out the berettaforum.net, it is similar to our forum here in that there is an abundance of great technical information and the members tend to be respectful and helpful. The other really cool things about the PX4 Storm is that Beretta offers a lot of accessories, holsters, mags, different safety levers-low profile, 92 style, etc, and if you watch their sales their prices are very reasonable, plus the Beretta Forum made arrangements for its members to automatically get a discount on Beretta accessories.

I initially bought the blued PX4 Compact but then decided I wanted the Inox (Beretta speak for stainless), great pistols, you will enjoy shooting it.
That's what I got, much for the same reasons. Being the Italian Ferreri of pistols, doesn't hurt either. I've had my eye on them for years & after shooting one, I was obsessed.
The tag that was on mine said Inox but it's not. Maybe a clerical error cause when I registered the warranty (3 years, by the way) it didn't mention it being an Inox in their description. I could be a d*%k & insist that's what they advertised but that's not me.
I do follow the Berreta thing here on Tap aTalk but it's not a forum. Thanks for the address, I'll definitely get on it.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-29-2017, 07:51 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogger52 View Post
I also own the Px4 Compact. It is very nice. I'd put the Beretta D hammer spring in it to lighten the DA. Plus put some Talon grips on it for a better grip.

If you had to switch guns, the Px4 was a great choice.
I'm fine with the DA pull. I guess after the 66, I'm just used to it. The SA isn't as sweet as the Smith was/is but not bad. I'm definitely going to get some Talons, as they are included with the new Compact Carry model & I've heard nothing but high praise for them. Also getting the decocker only conversion kit. Wish they had the steel guide rod & spring kit for the compact but all I've seen are for the full size.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPac View Post
You're forgiven, and made a great choice in plastic. I agree, the PX4 line from Beretta is excellent. I don't care for the sub-compact though.

I have the PX4 compact 9mm, made in Italy (not all are), and it's like the 'goldi-locks' gun of the bunch. Perfect size, easily concealable, great fit and feel in my hand, and it has the awesome 'rotating' barrel system, which I firmly believe makes it more accurate. I can always chew the bullseye out with it. Plus, the compact can take the full size versions mag, up to 21 rounds in 9mm.

The sub-compact lacks the rotating barrel and won't take the full size mags. The other line is the CX4, Beretta's AR type rifle, which will take the same PX4 mags. Then there is the TX4 line which is the tactical shotgun. I don't have either of those, but am really thinking of getting the CX4.

I bought my compact the very first month they came out, but had no idea it was just released. It has a really low serial number. The first run had an overly strong recoil spring and wouldn't cycle cheap ammo, only NATO or +P ammo would cycle reliably in mine. The supposed fix was to run 1000rds through it to loosen it up. Well, about 800rds of Winchester NATO later, Beretta put out a 'recall' notice and issued a new lighter spring to all guns that fell within a certain range. I actually keep the original stiff one in my gun because I shoot stout rounds and it works great.

I also have mine bone stock. Wouldn't mind getting the new spring to lighten the DA pull, but I have pretty much quit carrying it and only carry revolvers now. The factory decocker 'ears' don't bother me either. Over-all, it's a nicely designed gun. External hammer, SA/DA, safety de-cocker. It was $150 less than any Glock, but is about 100x sexier.

I will never get rid of mine, it's the only auto I own.
Sounds like I wrote that first part! Mine was made in Italy as well. Other than a longer take up, the DA is fine with me. The sexiness attracted me, the Beretta reputation intrigued me & the rotaing barrel design cinched the deal.
I too, want to get a CX4 but (you probably already know) beware...they are equipped for both the PX & 92 mags & not interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-29-2017, 08:06 AM
Muley Gil Muley Gil is offline
US Veteran
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The SW Va Blue Ridge
Posts: 9,403
Likes: 20,190
Liked 6,260 Times in 2,636 Posts
Default

You'll be back!!!
__________________
John 3:16
WAR EAGLE!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #26  
Old 03-29-2017, 08:23 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muley Gil View Post
You'll be back!!!
Oh, but yes! ☺

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-29-2017, 08:25 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Just to show it off. No other reason! Lol

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #28  
Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 PM
zogger52's Avatar
zogger52 zogger52 is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 317
Likes: 36
Liked 234 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpx4st View Post
I'm fine with the DA pull. I guess after the 66, I'm just used to it. The SA isn't as sweet as the Smith was/is but not bad. I'm definitely going to get some Talons, as they are included with the new Compact Carry model & I've heard nothing but high praise for them. Also getting the decocker only conversion kit. Wish they had the steel guide rod & spring kit for the compact but all I've seen are for the full size.
Definitely get the Talon grips. As for the steel guide rod, etc. they are not necessary. The stock guide rod/spring works fine.

I strongly recommend the D-Spring. Even though you are used to the SW DA, the D Spring make the Compact's trigger much nicer. Plus, it is very easy to do..takes 10 minutes at the most.

Oh, put in the D-Spring before you put on the talon grips! You have to remove the backstrap to put in the spring. To remove the backstrap, you need to peel back the Talon grips.

Here is what the Talon grips look like on the Compact.
Attached Thumbnails
A dark day...sorta kinda.-dsc_8286-jpg   A dark day...sorta kinda.-dsc_8287-jpg   A dark day...sorta kinda.-dsc_8290-jpg  

Last edited by zogger52; 03-29-2017 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Add wording.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #29  
Old 03-29-2017, 05:57 PM
pmanton's Avatar
pmanton pmanton is offline
US Veteran
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indian Hills Airpark AZ
Posts: 243
Likes: 436
Liked 544 Times in 156 Posts
Default

It's not like you traded a model 36 Chief for a Colt Detective Special. Now that would be a mortal sin.
__________________
Paul
Salome, AZ
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #30  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Bpx4st's Avatar
Bpx4st Bpx4st is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 81
Likes: 109
Liked 80 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Update...Talons are on the way & I'm keeping the bat wings & just going to remove the detent ball & spring to make it a decocker only. Too easy to get carried away on improvs but where there's a will, there's a way!
Got a nice DeSantis pancake for OTW & a Clinger Stingray for IWB should be here any day. As Hickock45 says...life is good!

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:31 AM
stu1ritter's Avatar
stu1ritter stu1ritter is offline
US Veteran
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 321
Liked 1,524 Times in 452 Posts
Default

I have twenty something S&W's in the safe, 1 Colt and one Cougar 8045. The rotating barrel absorbs recoil like nothing else. I can load the hottest of hot 45ACP+ and shoot them all day long with ease, something I cannot do with a 1911 anymore. I wish there were more pistols using the rotating barrel design in 45ACP.

Stu
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:36 AM
Black Knight Black Knight is offline
Member
A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda. A dark day...sorta kinda.  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 413
Likes: 83
Liked 105 Times in 66 Posts
Default

You do know the CX4 Storm carbine was designed to match up with the PX4? The CX4 can be made to accept the PX4, 92/96 series magazines and there was talk at one time of trying to make magazine well adapters for other pistols. You now need to hunt down another 66 or maybe even a 3" 65. When my wife chose my 2.5" 66 for her gun that gave me a reason to find another and I found a nice 3" 65 a few months later. BTW I have a Beretta 92F at home that is paired up with a CX4 Storm carbine so I have home defense combo that will also work on the job should it be needed and allowed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found my grail, kinda sorta Jimmyjones S&W Revolvers: 1980 to the Present 6 06-19-2013 09:46 PM
Sorta Newbie!! PGWORKS New Members Introduction 8 12-27-2011 12:28 AM
Kinda-sorta new member GUNFUNCO New Members Introduction 10 07-14-2010 11:04 PM
New gun (sorta) therevjay The Lounge 11 03-22-2010 02:02 PM
I kinda sorta like 45s armkev The Lounge 16 08-01-2009 08:49 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.


S-W Forum, LLC 2000-2015
Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)