Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > >


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Rockets's Avatar
Rockets Rockets is offline
Member
27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2  
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 235
Likes: 50
Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Default 27-2

What's a correct grip for a 1972 Smith & Wesson model 27-2?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2017, 04:35 PM
wetdog wetdog is offline
SWCA Member
27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2  
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: S.Eastern, PA.
Posts: 1,146
Likes: 1,526
Liked 1,023 Times in 350 Posts
Default

Do you have the box ?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2017, 05:07 PM
S&W Fan S&W Fan is offline
Member
27-2  
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,431
Likes: 1,797
Liked 3,723 Times in 948 Posts
Default

It may depend on the barrel length and trigger/hammer style. I believe the 3.5" guns without the target hammer/trigger came with magnas.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #4  
Old 09-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Nightowl's Avatar
Nightowl Nightowl is offline
SWCA Member
27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2  
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Warrensburg, MO USA
Posts: 3,833
Likes: 642
Liked 1,210 Times in 722 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W Fan View Post
It may depend on the barrel length and trigger/hammer style. I believe the 3.5" guns without the target hammer/trigger came with magnas.
Actually, all barrel lengths shipped with Magna stocks and standard hammer & trigger In cardboard box until 1975. They began shipping in full target then in the wood presentation case.
__________________
Richard Gillespie
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Like Post:
  #5  
Old 09-09-2017, 10:46 PM
S&W Fan S&W Fan is offline
Member
27-2  
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,431
Likes: 1,797
Liked 3,723 Times in 948 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl View Post
Actually, all barrel lengths shipped with Magna stocks and standard hammer & trigger In cardboard box until 1975. They began shipping in full target then in the wood presentation case.
Thank you! My dad had a long barreled version (don't remember exactly what it was, didn't pay attention as a 14 yr old lol) he bought around 1970-71, must've ordered it with the target "package" as it had all the acoutrements.

I appreciate the continual education afforded here, you guys rock!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #6  
Old 09-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Nightowl's Avatar
Nightowl Nightowl is offline
SWCA Member
27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2  
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Warrensburg, MO USA
Posts: 3,833
Likes: 642
Liked 1,210 Times in 722 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W Fan View Post
Thank you! My dad had a long barreled version (don't remember exactly what it was, didn't pay attention as a 14 yr old lol) he bought around 1970-71, must've ordered it with the target "package" as it had all the acoutrements.

I appreciate the continual education afforded here, you guys rock!
They could be special ordered with the target upgrades, but did not normally ship that way, and I don't believe they could be ordered with the wood presentation case at that time.
__________________
Richard Gillespie
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-10-2017, 12:48 AM
Rockets's Avatar
Rockets Rockets is offline
Member
27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2 27-2  
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 235
Likes: 50
Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Pictures of my new to me 27-2 ....


[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Rockets; 09-10-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.


S-W Forum, LLC 2000-2015
Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)