Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 PM
What sling ? What sling ? What sling ? What sling ? What sling ?  
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default What sling ?

Ok , got a NcStar Red/green dot , Mako folding vert grip , a Mako rail sling mount , sift case , and a few thousand rounds . Now I want a decent adjustable double point sling . I have turned the rear mount to one side and looking for something that is at least a double point , maybe convertable to single point . Would also like it to be a stretch or bungee type . Any suggestions and photo's would be great . After sling I need some flip up sight
Old 03-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default google

slings are everywhere, i prefer the one point, actually i never really use mine, [just for looks] but they are cool. pghrich
Old 03-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Liked 58 Times in 46 Posts

Blue Force two point quick adjust on mine. I had it in a drawer so it wasn't special purchase, but it works very well.

All slings suck, but single point slings suck most, they don't retain the rifle unless you keep at least one hand on it -- why sling it it you have to keep a grip on is anyway?

I tried the existing metal rear swivel turned 90° but abandoned the idea very quickly in favor of more standard solution. Front swivel is a KZ USA quick detachable swivel (actually swivels).

-- Chuck
Old 03-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd Harbin View Post
Ok , got a NcStar Red/green dot , Mako folding vert grip , a Mako rail sling mount , sift case , and a few thousand rounds . Now I want a decent adjustable double point sling . I have turned the rear mount to one side and looking for something that is at least a double point , maybe convertable to single point . Would also like it to be a stretch or bungee type . Any suggestions and photo's would be great . After sling I need some flip up sight
I reallylike my CrossTac. I bought it because it is made in my home town, trying to support local business, but after using it a couple of times I'd compare it similar products from Blakhawk. SDuper high quality, has bungee, can be either 2 point or 1 point. It attatches via clips so you would at least need a front rail sling adapter. I got one and an end plate adapter from Midwest Industries. Apparently the MI end plate is the only one that works due to the tube being fixed to the reciever. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0013[1].jpg (85.2 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0015[1].jpg (72.7 KB, 202 views)
Old 03-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Smile

Does your wife have a sewing machine and if so does she support your gun fun?

I make my slings and an understanding wife is very helpful.

This one is made from 1" webbing. Used a Stony Point rail mount stud on front with a regular 1" detachable swivel. Ran a short piece of webbing through the slot on the butt for a rear attachment. Fastek fastener on the front allows for quick release. Sliding clamp buckle allows for quick adjustment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_MP15-22.jpg (3.0 KB, 170 views)
Old 03-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Sorry about the thumbnail photo. I'll try this again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M&P 15-22.jpg (52.0 KB, 172 views)
Old 03-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Liked 37 Times in 15 Posts

I am really liking the Vtac 2 point padded sling, use to use 3 points but with AR's they have drawbacks
Old 03-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Liked 503 Times in 239 Posts

All slings have draw backs, they are all a pain in the arse most of the time and useful some of the time!

I like my UTG Tactical 3 Point because it can be used as a 3 point or a 2 point but it tool watching a freaking video on the intarweb to figure out how it was supposed to install.

What I really like is how it came with two nylon fixtures for the front and rear it doesn't just go through the stock slot and on a mount on the front. Being the fixturing is nylon it makes less noise than metal on metal. The other nice feature are the gray stripes, those are actually a tactile rubber coating which helps the adjusters stay put and helps the sling to cling on your clothing.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett248Vista View Post
All slings have draw backs, they are all a pain in the arse most of the time and useful some of the time!

I like my UTG Tactical 3 Point because it can be used as a 3 point or a 2 point but it tool watching a freaking video on the intarweb to figure out how it was supposed to install.

What I really like is how it came with two nylon fixtures for the front and rear it doesn't just go through the stock slot and on a mount on the front. Being the fixturing is nylon it makes less noise than metal on metal. The other nice feature are the gray stripes, those are actually a tactile rubber coating which helps the adjusters stay put and helps the sling to cling on your clothing.
Pertaining to the noise problem with metal on metal, I don't know the proper terminology, but that heat shrink stuff you put over wires, commonly found on electrical assembely lines, works wonders applied over metal clips or rings. Completely eliminates metal on metal friction/noise. Had a friend that worked at one and supplied me with a little years ago. Trying to find a place that sells it over the counter and will post pics soon as I do.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Liked 503 Times in 239 Posts

BOTE,

There are two types of heat shrink tubing there is PVC (Vinyl) and Polyolefin. I would suggest using the later, as it has a more rubbery feel and no shiny finish. You can get Polyolefin at Parts-Express.com - Speakers, Speaker Building, Home Audio and Video, Pro Audio, Electronic Parts & Accessories PARTS EXPRESS, Speakers, Speaker Parts, Guitar speakers, Bass speakers, Woofers, Drivers, speaker upgrades and replacement speakers. Emine in many sizes and colors.

Tags
colt, leather, mp15, tactical