Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
o

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 06-21-2010, 08:04 PM
US Veteran
Need a little help - carry handle. Need a little help - carry handle. Need a little help - carry handle. Need a little help - carry handle. Need a little help - carry handle.  
Liked 57 Times in 26 Posts
Default Need a little help - carry handle.

OK, this is embarrassing - the 15-22 is my first AR15 style rifle. I just got a UTG AR15 carry handle for it. I thought it would be a snap to install but I don't want to force anything. If you unscrew the knobs, do the two pins come out? They appear to be quite tight and I don't want to ruin anything. A little help in how to install it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks (sheepish grin.)
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Need a little help - carry handle. Need a little help - carry handle. Need a little help - carry handle. Need a little help - carry handle. Need a little help - carry handle.  
Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Twist the finger knobs out until they stop (knobs should not unscrew from pins). Move the rail clamp out, drop on rail (pins in rail grooves), tighten knobs finger tight.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 PM
US Veteran

Thanks Phil,

The knobs will unscrew totally from the pins. Then the pins appear to be immovable from the frame of the handle. I didn't try tapping them but it seems as though they must have to come out?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneap View Post
Thanks Phil,

The knobs will unscrew totally from the pins. Then the pins appear to be immovable from the frame of the handle. I didn't try tapping them but it seems as though they must have to come out?
Leave the pins in.... don't over think this. Just put the handle on the rifle with the pins dropping in alligned with the rail slots.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM
US Veteran

You're right Phil - I was definitely over thinking it. After my last post I looked a little closer at the handle and finally realized that there was a movable edge at the side. Slipped it over the rail, tightened the knobs and, bingo! 'twas a done deal. That'll teach me to look before I hollar. Thanks again.