Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
o

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 11-11-2010, 01:10 AM
rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback  
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default rem. bulk pack negative feedback

Went shooting today with a buddy I grabbed a box of federal 550 pack and a box of remington 550. I got 2 ftfs n my buddy got 4, 2 were back to back. Looking at the brass it looks like dirty brass on the rem., or fed is just cleaner. Call me crazy but i think the feds have a little more kick. Anyone else not happy with remington?
Old 11-11-2010, 01:30 AM
rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Remington = Garbage

Plus the manual also says not to shoot them. I did notice the fed game shock had quite a kick compared to cci blazer and mini mags though. Never compared it with rems.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

I tired the Remington Gold bullet stuff just for trying its sake. I didnt really have any reliability problems with them just they werent accurate at all. Federal bulk was alot more accurate, and the winchester 333/555 was more accurate than the Fed in my gun but dirtier. Luckily at the range all you need to do is crack the gun open real quick and hit it with a toothbrush and a couple drops of oil after 500 rounds and the dirty ammo isnt much of a problem.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:26 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade
Liked 1,350 Times in 267 Posts
Thumbs down Remington

I took a box of Remington bulk to the range last month. Shot 30 rounds in my Browning Buckmark - had 5 failures to fire. Never had a problem with the Federal bulk.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I'm down to just a few rounds left of Remington Golden bulk after having bought more than I should have. Overall it's been fine, but I've had a handful of FTE, FTF, no bolt hold open, duds, and light strike/hard primer failures. Overall I'm not very happy and won't be buying it again. I never sat down and tried to get super accurate groups, but it was adequate with a red dot at 25-50 yards.

The only other rimfire I've owned was a Sig pistol conversion that didn't feed any brand 100%, which is probably why I'm not upset with Remington's performance in my 15-22. I've shot plenty of others, but one trouble free magazine does not make a basis for judgment.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:04 AM
rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback  
Liked 5,599 Times in 1,016 Posts

I tried a box. I am not happy with it in any of my guns. I haven't run it in my Ruger 10/22 but it doesn't like my Walther P-22 or Ruger T-514 and it isn't accurate in my Ruger SP-101 4" Revolver.
Geoff
Who figures that price WAS too good to be true!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:33 AM
rem. bulk pack negative feedback rem. bulk pack negative feedback  
Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts

I use both Fedderal bulk pack and Remington Golden bulk pack ammo in several 22 conversion units for thje 1911 and glock 17. I find that some of my units actually prefer the Remington Golden while others experience ignition failures.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I personally thought remington was a great brand but my buddy and I are going to pass on that stuff from now on. He has a ruger 1022. My next pack is going to be the cci blazers, ive heard very good news on them.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Liked 164 Times in 103 Posts

After buying the 15 22, and reading from the start not to use the Remington, I've been running all the Reimington through the Ruger 10 22 both Gold and Thunderbolt with no problems, but very dirty.
With the MP 15 22, I've only run CCI Standard Velocity, CCI min-mags and Aquila 40 grain Extra High Velocity and haven't had any problems. Last night I ordered 2 bulk boxes of the CCI tactical from Cabelas and hopefully that will be the best of the lot.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Liked 68 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous209 View Post
Went shooting today with a buddy I grabbed a box of federal 550 pack and a box of remington 550. I got 2 ftfs n my buddy got 4, 2 were back to back. Looking at the brass it looks like dirty brass on the rem., or fed is just cleaner. Call me crazy but i think the feds have a little more kick. Anyone else not happy with remington?
I, for one, don't think you're crazy. I've noticed the same
thing along with a bunch of FTF's with good strikes on the
primer rim. I haven't been happy with Remington for some
time now and I hate to say that cause all in all, I really like
Remington. Makes me wonder if they haven't outsourced their
.22 ammo to some 3rd world county like is the custom with
so many other big corporations.
Dano
Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
I, for one, don't think you're crazy. I've noticed the same
thing along with a bunch of FTF's with good strikes on the
primer rim. I haven't been happy with Remington for some
time now and I hate to say that cause all in all, I really like
Remington. Makes me wonder if they haven't outsourced their
.22 ammo to some 3rd world county like is the custom with
so many other big corporations.
Dano
never thought about the outsourcing idea. could be a possibility and a huge mistake on remingtons part if its true, but thats where greed gets everyone.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Liked 165 Times in 62 Posts

i have always been happy with remington centerfire ammo, and like their brass pretty well for reloading, but their 22 stuff is ****! my son and i used to go shoot 10-22s pretty often. his first gun was a 10-22 and he had a bushnell scope on it, and i had a 1022 target with a 10X weaver target scope. we had a nice valley/hillside where we could shoot from 10 yards to well over 100 yards. we would usually buy a "bulk pack", and go blast 'til they were gone. we tried a box of the remingtons from walmart ONE TIME! before half of them were gone, both guns were jamming up because they were so unbelieveably nasty, and we had at least 10 misfires each. i don't know how they can still manage to sell them. it looks to me like they would improve their primer/ignition, and try some cleaner powder, even if they had to go up on the price a little. as far as i am concerned, they are worthless the way they are now.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:13 PM

Liked 24 Times in 4 Posts

My advise to Remington, if you don't put priming compound in the case, the gun doesn't go bang.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

For those folks in the San Diego area, El Cajon Gun Exchange is closing out their CCI Blazer 525 bulk packs for $15 plus tax. They have tons of it. That removes any reason to buy Remmington 22.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

To sum up the most likely over 100 posts about Remington Gold Bullet I have read on here, along with my personal experience using it....It's not worth using if you have access to either Fed bulk, Win 333/555 bulk, or CCI Blazers. All three are in the same price bracket and out perform Remington GB in the 15-22 in all aspects. Also they dont cover your fingers and gun in goopy gold ****.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtquig View Post
Last night I ordered 2 bulk boxes of the CCI tactical from Cabelas and hopefully that will be the best of the lot.
Please tell me that price isn't for a single 375rd box. Even the 500rd bulk Stingers are only $69.99 with free dry box. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see anywhere on the description how many boxes are included for the $100 asking price. Anyone know?
Old 11-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To answer my own question....

I just talked to a rep. at Cabela's and they stated you get 4 boxes of the CCI Tactical for the $99. Total round count of 1500.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Service

DANO , Thank you for your service during those trying times. Hope you had a great Veterans Day.

Last edited by maverick88; 11-13-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Liked 164 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNY View Post
To answer my own question....

I just talked to a rep. at Cabela's and they stated you get 4 boxes of the CCI Tactical for the $99. Total round count of 1500.

Yea, I had to call them before I put in the order. The online add didn't give you a clue to how many rounds per box there were. Without the dry box, you get 5 boxes for the same price.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I won't shoot Remington rim fire .22 in any of my long guns or hand guns. Too many malfunctions (ftf, stove pipe, etc.) with it to even try it again. I shoot mainly CCI Blazer or Federal bulk pack and have not had any issues with either in my 15-22 or other semi autos (rifles or pistols).
Old 11-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I learned long ago that bulk pack .22lr were dirty junk. I value my shooting time and totally dislike ammunition that performs substandard. I only shoot CCI (Mini-Mag and Stinger) and that has solved any and all issues in all my guns. I have found that all remington ammo both RF and CF are very dirty and avoid them when I can.

Tags
1911, 22lr, browning, buckmark, cabelas, glock, primer, remington, rimfire, ruger, scope, sig arms, tactical, walther, weaver, winchester