Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Sig Prismatic Scope Sig Prismatic Scope Sig Prismatic Scope Sig Prismatic Scope Sig Prismatic Scope  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sig Prismatic Scope

Well despite what most people said I decided to give it a shot on my 15-22.

Well I am damn glad I did. I was on my way out the door to Ft Dix today and the doorbell rang, FedEx delivered it already(Very fast shipping considering I ordered it at about 12am on Tuesday)

I mounted it on a UTG riser and set off. Well after a little while if dialing it in, it was dead on. I was blowing up cans with ease at 100yds. Once I had it zeroed at the 100yds anything shorter was dead on as well. The reticle was very nice and bright. I only used the red one at the max power and it was perfectly visible on this bright day. I didnt even bother to try the green but I would assume it works just as well. Even if it doesnt I am more than happy with the red. The glass was exteremly clear and the brightness was good...not great but more than acceptable.

So I would definately give this a thumbs up for use on a .22 and at $79.00 its well worth it....not to mention it has a nice tactical look.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Sig Prismatic Scope Sig Prismatic Scope Sig Prismatic Scope Sig Prismatic Scope Sig Prismatic Scope  
Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Yes, they are nice. That has the same reticle as the Primary Arms below, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03574.jpg (53.0 KB, 530 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03583.jpg (26.5 KB, 880 views)
Old 09-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is there anything like that scope with adjustable magnification?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Yes, they are nice. That has the same reticle as the Primary Arms below, right?
From what I see yes
Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 PM

There have been some folks looking for Primary Arms 4x. The Sig Prismatic is a great deal for $80. I think I paid $109 for the PA which is identical except for the rail thingies that I rather not have anyway. I may have to buy one. Thanks
Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

any chance of a co-witness? or does the magnification pretty much mess that up? I like the big plus of a 100 yard parallax instead of 50 like most rimfire scopes. does the 3x have enough range to see at 150, or 200 yards? (regardless if the .22lr is effective at that range)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_noiz View Post
Is there anything like that scope with adjustable magnification?
im wondering also. besides ncstar stuff. although i guess if they are both chinese junk its worth a risk either way.?. maybe a guinea pig should buy both and do a comparison, that would help out a ton of people.

Last edited by grimreaper21; 09-20-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Can't wait to pick one of these up. Is the scope weaver or picatinny? Whats the height of your UTG riser?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Guys, just got my prismatic in the mail the other day and i've found that the reticle is not straight. It's slanted to the left slightly. Has anyone had a problem with this? I'm going to try to contact Customer Service on Monday and see if they will exchange it. Just sucks because I wanted to shoot next week.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

alot of people claim the same problem with ncstar, and usually it is just mounted wrong. see if this helps any.

Below are some tips that may resolve some of the issues with a canted reticle.

Of the canted reticles from a Mark III Tactical scope that I’ve seen, the vast majority can be attributed to an issue with the mount or an installation error.

For the most part the reticle is plumb and level in the scope body, where it is square with the elevation and windage adjustments. It’s usually attributed to the mount, if the unit was properly installed.

We get very few in for warranty, where the reticle is actually crooked in the scope body.

Installation errors that I have seen from other customers:

· You may have the mount rail tension adjusted too tight. If it’s too tight it will pull the scope to the left side, causing the scope to cant left a few degrees.

· When you install the scope, make sure the mount is push down onto the your rifles optics rail, before you begin rotate the clamp tight against your rail.

· Make sure the floating rail, next to the QR lever is level with the rifle’s optics rail before you clamp down on the lever.

Mount issues that may cause scope to have a perceived canted reticle, the QD mount on the Mark III Tactical come in two sections:

· The QD mount base is attached to the scope with two Allen head bolts. Removing these two Allen head bolts will separate it from the scope and the spacer.

· The spacer has a single Allen head bolt. You can loosen the bolt, and reposition the spacer off to one side a little to correct the reticle orientation, to make it more plumb and level.

· Another thing with the spacer, is that it is made from aluminum and it is very easy to hand file. You can file the spacer at an very very slight angle, so when the QR mount base is re-installed it can correct the perceived reticle cant.

· When you are done and are able to fix the reticle cant, please apply some blue Locktite onto the threads on the bolts to make sure they do not come loose under recoil.

· Another option is to reverse the quick release mount. Remove the QR base mount and position the lever onto the left side of the rifle/scope. This will often times correct the cant in the scope.

· Check to see if the mount is parallel with the top of the rifle’s optics rail. Make sure the gap between the rifle’s rail and scope mount is uniform.

· If the small protrusion (see above picture in the red circle) on the QR Mount base (by the quick release lever), this protrusion should sit along the beveled end of the rifles optics rail. If it is sitting on top or partially on top of the rifles optics rail, it will cant the scope to cause the perceived canted reticle. This is usually caused by an out of spec rail (too wide) or the Scopes Quick release base is milled from the factory too narrow. You can file this protrusion smooth with the rest of the base with a hand file, it is soft aluminum and is easy to remove.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Well I dont have a NcStar scope but I'll try some of the tips written. To me it sure looks like factory issue. You look through the scope and the reticle is slanted to the left. Not moved or anything, actually slanted. Hopefully one of those tips works for me.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 PM

Looks like Amazon is selling the same scope too Amazon.com: 4x32 Fixed Power Scope with Fiber Optic Tactical Sight and Weaver Slots: Sports & Outdoors
Old 10-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Tried the tips but the reticle is not straight. I'll try contacting Sig tomorrow. I'm supposed to go shooting next monday so hopefully I can get it swapped.

Tags
22lr, lock, rimfire, scope, sig arms, tactical, weaver