Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 02-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Sling Options Sling Options Sling Options Sling Options Sling Options  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sling Options

Hey Guys - I have the standard fixed sling loop on the stock - I would like to have the same kind of swivel like they have on the moe - but clearly that isnt an option - anybody else found a solution to have a single point sling connected around the neck of the stock - the two point slings seem too constrictive, and the one points from the fixed loope provided by m&p just isnt very practical. I have found various single point sling adapters but none of them look like they would fit the M&P stock.

I have seen tacticools swivel mount to replace the standard fixed mount, but would prefer to have the the gun more balanced on the sling rather than hanging like a dead weight.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wilson Combat makes one that goes on your buffer tube that is held on with a set screw. That's the one I think I'm going with. On my CMMG I have a single point sling from Black Rain on the buffer tube and it just feels natural to me. I'm not real crazy about having multiple slings for multiple rifles so everything I have has to have the same mounts.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Check out Midwest industries for some nice buffer tube mounts. They slide right on and tighten down. They have several types depending what type of sling you want to use.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Get a Midwest Industries End Plate adapter. Then go with a Magpul MS2 sling. That is what I have.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTy View Post
Get a Midwest Industries End Plate adapter. Then go with a Magpul MS2 sling. That is what I have.
Thanks guys - I had seen thes MI end plates - but wasnt sure how they work out and didnt want to pay the $40 to have yet another paperweight on my desk
Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my own experience, I hated the single point sling. Not that you will too, but if you get a chance to test the configuration before buying, it's a good way to avoid a moderately expensive lesson.

There is a pic floating around that shows Travis Haley of Magpul with a single point sling attached to an SBR'd 15-22 via a zip tie.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tested a new type of 2 point sling today at the range. It's from Viking Tactical. It allows to you pull the weapon up higher and closer to you when transitioning to secondary guns. It was what the SWAT guys were using. After messing around with it I think I'm gonna have to add on to my primary AR.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1775 View Post
In my own experience, I hated the single point sling. Not that you will too, but if you get a chance to test the configuration before buying, it's a good way to avoid a moderately expensive lesson.

There is a pic floating around that shows Travis Haley of Magpul with a single point sling attached to an SBR'd 15-22 via a zip tie.
After reading that i had to go look for the picture.
enjoy
Old 03-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im cheap so I made my own sling. I sewed velcro about half the length of the webbing so I can adjust it as well as move it up or down the barrel.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's pretty ingenious for a dirt cheap solution... how well does it function?
Old 03-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im happy with it, gives lots of adjustment options this way.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I went with the Daniel Defense AR-15/M16 EZ Carbine Sling Mount for the rear and a Daniel Defense QD Rail Mount (very low profile).

Recall that.... The 15-22 tube has the stock adjustment channel running along the full length of the bottom of the tube, which prevents the use of almost all tube mounts since they are designed to work with the castle nut and/or ride the tube where the channel tapers off---searching.

Last edited by antifederalist22; 03-05-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverrideplik View Post
I tested a new type of 2 point sling today at the range. It's from Viking Tactical. It allows to you pull the weapon up higher and closer to you when transitioning to secondary guns. It was what the SWAT guys were using. After messing around with it I think I'm gonna have to add on to my primary AR.
I used one at the range last week. Didn't think I'd like it but it kicks *****. Esp in transition to/from a handgun. I have one on both my 15x and 15-22
Old 03-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapalambos View Post
Check out Midwest industries for some nice buffer tube mounts. They slide right on and tighten down. They have several types depending what type of sling you want to use.
Ordered, delivered works like a charm - a little pricey for a relatively small and simple item - but am happy nonetheless
Old 03-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got my Midwest In End plate adapter in today, and honestly I couldn't be more dissapointed. I mean first off it can't be more than $2 to $3 worth of aluminum for $43. Thats not just over priced its instulting. But i figured it looked nice so Id give it try. Then the slot for the sling hook was undersized. It says right on the page works with single point slings.... No big deal i guess.. I filed it down enough so it works fine now, but Now I have to re paint it as well. But I would have to say the most dissapointing part is its not even close to a tight fit. I torqed it as tight as it would go ( enough it acuatlly marred the plastic on the gun and it still isn't tight enough to stop the top part from wiggling back and forth with slight pressure. Ive got it rigged and filed and painted enough to where it works very nicely but when I pay that much for such a cheap product and then have to alter everything about it to make it work right. Two thumbs down.

Ive since seen some pics floating around on here of ones that look to be drilled into the reciver, if I had it to do over I would go that direction. But I would def not reccomed this product to anyone.

Last edited by nvshooter; 03-08-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerninja View Post
Ordered, delivered works like a charm - a little pricey for a relatively small and simple item - but am happy nonetheless
Which model number on the MI mount? Do you have a pic?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Those mounts are really tailor made for a black rifle with an actual buffer tube and a castle nut. The rib along the bottom of the MP 15-22 "buffer tube" will inhibit your ability to secure the bracket in a fully stable manner. I learned this the hard way as well.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you get the Magpul RSA you have the option with the MS2 sling with the Midwest Industries end plate adapter to run it as either a single point or two point sling. Best of both worlds with one sling and a few attachments.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapalambos View Post
Those mounts are really tailor made for a black rifle with an actual buffer tube and a castle nut. The rib along the bottom of the MP 15-22 "buffer tube" will inhibit your ability to secure the bracket in a fully stable manner. I learned this the hard way as well.
Spot on. That is why I keep wondering why people are using encloses adapters and what model numbers.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea from looking at the pictures I was assuming the rib on the bottom was gonna fit the 15-22. Like i said it can be made to work but I would defintaly not reccomend anyone spend that amount of money on a product that only half way works.
Im not sure what it is in the pics im seeing of the ones that look to be drilled into the reciver but they look clean. I just can't bring myself to spend anymore on this. I guess I shoulda just sent the midwest industries one back but at the time I was kinda pissed after spending 43 bucks so I was in the frame of mind I will make it work and I did.

Tags
carbine, m16, model 16, sbr, tactical