Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 03-09-2011, 08:19 PM
MOE Rear Sling Attachment MOE Rear Sling Attachment MOE Rear Sling Attachment MOE Rear Sling Attachment MOE Rear Sling Attachment  
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Default MOE Rear Sling Attachment

Has anyone thought about, commented, posted or researched
if the rear sling attachment on the MOE can be put on the regular version with out screwing something up?

If so, how and what would you use for parts?

I know, I have way to much time on my hands...but
this snow,cold and rain is getting the best of me.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-09-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
MOE Rear Sling Attachment MOE Rear Sling Attachment MOE Rear Sling Attachment MOE Rear Sling Attachment MOE Rear Sling Attachment  
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I believe someone did do that. They bought an Uncle Mike's brand QD socket, drilled out the receiver in the right location and superglued it in place.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:27 AM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Another solution is to get the Magpul CTR stock instead of the MOE stock. The CTR has a QD mount hole back by the buttpad in addition to the sling strap slot on the diagonal.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Liked 145 Times in 88 Posts

I actually used JB weld, not superglue. Here's the thread Adding QD Sling Swivels to my 1st Gen
Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up THANKS to Shawnr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnr5 View Post
I actually used JB weld, not superglue. Here's the thread Adding QD Sling Swivels to my 1st Gen
I just ordered the QD svivels and i got my jb weld at the ready. I was so happy to see your post. The add on brackets are not happening for me. Thanks brother
Old 03-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Default Thanks

you guys are great, I'm not big on tools, so I'll be going slow, but it looks pretty easy.

thanks for the pics and description
Old 08-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Another method is to drill out, or more accurately, counterbore, the ambidextrous matching recesses on both sides and install your own QD Receptacles, just like the Factory Magpul MOE version of the M&P 15-22. The non-functioning recoil tube extension is molded in as part of the lower, and is actually hollow, but has a plug to allow miscellaneous storage - however time consuming and unhandy it would be to access after having to remove the collapsible stock. Anyway, because of this unique design, there is currently no other aftermarket sling/swivel/QD-attachment components that will work on the recoil tube of this rifle, at least without significant modification. The "lower" portion of the lower just under where the tube joins is a solid chunk of polycarbonate, which can be drilled through to attach QD "Barrels" just like the factory does with the Magpul MOE version. I found an assortment of various depth QD-Barrels, threaded, and through hole, and the associated Magpul hardware, at a local gunshow today, and am in the process of "Upgrading" my rifle to the MOE version at this writing. Of course, there is a wide selection of aftermarket stocks that have included QD attachment points. The more options, the better, in my humble opinion. By the way, my M&P 15-22 LOVES the ELEY-AGUILA Brand "SUPER EXTRA" .22 LR in the Red and Yellow box. Since the barrels are made by Thompson-Center, this has proven to be one of the most accurate shooting combinations I have ever discovered in a .22 Rifle. Enjoy!
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Why not just buy a QD sling adapter that will mount on the receive extension instead of possibly ruining the lower?

Midwest Industries: End Plate Sling Adapters
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 08-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Liked 44 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351322 View Post
Why not just buy a QD sling adapter that will mount on the receive extension instead of possibly ruining the lower?

that's what I'm running on mine, with the exception of my 15-22Ps
Old 08-27-2014, 02:38 AM
Liked 92 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351322 View Post

Hey 351322 and Poru desu, got any pictures of your setup as I'm very nervous about drilling mine. I like the look of the Mctar-30 end plate sling adapter from MI but was wondering if it's ambidextrous and will a M4 Magpul sling plug into it ? Thanks in advance for any help provided, now I'm gonna go look through the pictures thread.

Tags
smith-wessonforum.com