Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Height adjustment tool for MOE? Height adjustment tool for MOE? Height adjustment tool for MOE? Height adjustment tool for MOE? Height adjustment tool for MOE?  
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Height adjustment tool for MOE?

Did you guys who went with the MOE version get a Magpul sight adjustment tool for the front sight? I need to adjust but don't see a tool contained to do so.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Height adjustment tool for MOE? Height adjustment tool for MOE? Height adjustment tool for MOE? Height adjustment tool for MOE? Height adjustment tool for MOE?  
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I did not get one. I've read some people mentioning they got one. I bought mine 6-8 months ago.

I just used pliers to adjust mine since there's nothing blocking the post.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Liked 51 Times in 24 Posts

I got mine about a month ago, no tool. Pain in the rear to adjust with pliers, but thats what I did because I am cheap. Just be careful with it
Old 04-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Mine came with two pins which I think are to just "lock" the sight in place. I'd hand twist it pretty easily(it would hold zero) but seems like I'll need a tool too since I lowered it all the way and can't get the think back out!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Liked 325 Times in 148 Posts

I didn't get one either and my fingers are too large to easily turn the front post.

I bought a A2 sight tool at my local shop for $10. Fits right inside the grip for storage..

I tried making one but don't have machining facilities.

Hobie
Old 04-18-2011, 02:34 AM

Hope whichever tool I buy, I don't have to make any stupid adjustments to get it to fit =/
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Liked 33 Times in 23 Posts

DPMS Front Sight Adjusting Tool (4-Prong) AR-15 A2 Steel - MidwayUSA

$5.89

Old 04-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Liked 325 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTBeaker View Post
That's the one I bought. I did have to gently bend the prongs out just a tiny bit to get it to fit right but it works fine. But, I paid $10 for mine at the LGS.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Made mine

I made one out of an old screwdriver. If you have an old wide blade screwdriver and a moto tool you can make one that contacts two of the notches. It worked for me.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTBeaker View Post
Now I just have to buy $50 worth of stuff to make it a deal (stupid shipping)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjohns View Post
I made one out of an old screwdriver. If you have an old wide blade screwdriver and a moto tool you can make one that contacts two of the notches. It worked for me.
I wish I were as creative and had cool machines n' tools like you guys haha.

Tags
lock, screwdriver