Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
o

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 09-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Question about JP Springs Question about JP Springs Question about JP Springs Question about JP Springs Question about JP Springs  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Question about JP Springs

What's the difference between the AR-15 Reduced Power Spring 3.5lb and the 3.5lb Enhanced Reliablity Spring Kit?

AR-15 ENHANCED RELIABILITY SPRING KITS - Brownells

AR-15 REDUCED POWER SPRING KIT - Brownells

Is one better than the other?
Old 09-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Question about JP Springs Question about JP Springs Question about JP Springs Question about JP Springs Question about JP Springs  
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

looks like the reliability kit has a heavier hammer spring. some people have experienced light primer strikes on AR's.

i have the reg reduced power springs, and no issues there. what ammo do you shoot. i could see some of the harder primer ammo increases your change of misfire.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lol haven't even shot it yet. But will probably shoot Federal Red Box Bulk and Winchester White box bulk pack. So would the Enhanced reliablity be better since has a heavier hammer spring?
Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts

i was looking at springs the other night and many (not all) of the kits say they have little to no effect on standard parts without the jp trigger kit. is this true?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Liked 58 Times in 46 Posts

There's at least two other threads running on the front page on this topic:

Trigger mods

Reduced power spring kit

I suspect the Search function works so well as it has no wear and tear from use...

-- Chuck
Old 09-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
There's at least two other threads running on the front page on this topic:

Trigger mods

Reduced power spring kit

I suspect the Search function works so well as it has no wear and tear from use...

-- Chuck
If you read correctly, the original question was about the two different types of springs (Enhanced reliablity, and reduced power). And what is the difference.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm running the "standard" 3.5# and have had no issues with light strikes. it did help my trigger alot.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts

I have been concerned about creating light strike issues with the reduced power springs, but if the enhanced reliability spring kit is meant to correct that issue, it's going to be my next mod.

Tags
brownells, primer, smith-wessonforum.com, winchester