Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
Forum Register Expert Commentary Members List


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KNS pins with timney trigger ?'s

Ok I was reading on the kns pins that are specifically made for the mp15-22. It says they will only fit this rifle which is great but my question is will they still fit with the timney trigger since thats for any AR? These are the items I have in my cart
Timney AR-15 Trigger Assembly 3lb Solid Trigger - 667S
KNS Precision Gen2 Mod2 Trigger Group Pins- For Smith and Wesson M&P15-22
I want to make sure these are what I am needing before I buy. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 429
Likes: 145
Liked 73 Times in 51 Posts
Default

As long as your Timney trigger uses standard .154" pins. I put a set of KNS pins on mine with standard trigger. They drop in in no time and look very cool.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2012, 07:52 AM
CPTBeaker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 324
Likes: 1
Liked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Default

I have the same Timney trigger in my AR. This drop in FCG does not 'use' the trigger or hammer pins. The FCG is self contained and the components (i.e. the hammer & trigger) don't rotate on the pins. You could use 1/8" wooden dowels for pins and the FCG would still function.

That being said, any 'small' pin (.154") set will work and the choice of pins is irrelevant. The anti-rotational feature of the KNS pins from your link will serve no purpose with the Timney, other than 'looking cool'. Whatever pins you select, they will only serve to keep the Timney from moving or falling out. The Timney has a set screw that you tighten to force the drop-in group up tight against the pins to keep it in place, and to keep the pins from falling out. The stock pins are held in place by the hammer & trigger springs on a stock FCG. The springs in the Timney do not interact with the pins.

I ordered the JP anti-walk pins when I bought my Timney because I didn't know any better when I ordered it. I still used them but didn't need to waste the money.


Last edited by CPTBeaker; 05-13-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

from what I have read on here everyone has said that if you just use your stock pins they keep coming out when you have the bump fire stock. They dont seem to have that problem with the kns non rotating pins.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 AM
CPTBeaker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 324
Likes: 1
Liked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Without knowing for sure, I would assume that the pins are coming out because the set screws that lift the FCG to tighten the pins against the receiver were not tight (or came loose).

I do concede that KNS pins or the JP pins that I used completely eliminate the possibility of the pins coming out, so in that respect, they are relatively cheap insurance and probably not a bad idea.

The KNS pins (at least one of them) is essentially the same as the JP pins. The anti-rotation feature however won't serve a purpose like I mentioned. The JP pins cost $10 vs $25 though...

Good luck in whatever you choose, and enjoy that trigger!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-13-2012, 10:19 AM
CPTBeaker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 324
Likes: 1
Liked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpbowtech View Post
from what I have read on here everyone has said that if you just use your stock pins they keep coming out when you have the bump fire stock. They dont seem to have that problem with the kns non rotating pins.
...Just wondering however why you would put in a $200+ precision trigger in and bump fire with it? Seems like it would make better sense to put in a set of $10 JP reduced power springs to help bump fire a little easier, and tear up the stock FCG instead.

Seems kind of like splitting firewood with a $200 hollow ground Henckels knife.

Last edited by CPTBeaker; 05-13-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #7  
Old 05-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am going only off what I have read on here and it seems that the best way for the bump fire stock to work with the recoil of a 22 being so light that you have to upgrade the trigger. Just putting in a set of springs wont do it according to the 6 pages that I read on the slide fire stock on here.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-13-2012, 03:10 PM
CPTBeaker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 324
Likes: 1
Liked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpbowtech View Post
I am going only off what I have read on here and it seems that the best way for the bump fire stock to work with the recoil of a 22 being so light that you have to upgrade the trigger. Just putting in a set of springs wont do it according to the 6 pages that I read on the slide fire stock on here.
If that's what works. It seems like a lot of $$ just to bump fire, but, if that's what you want, I'm not in any position to say otherwise as I've spent a ton on mine to get it to feel, look, and perform the way I want.

Good luck, and happy shooting!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTBeaker View Post
If that's what works. It seems like a lot of $$ just to bump fire, but, if that's what you want, I'm not in any position to say otherwise as I've spent a ton on mine to get it to feel, look, and perform the way I want.

Good luck, and happy shooting!
Money is relative to the person and usage. Just like anything out there, you can go with a Bubba setup and make it work just as well as a 3rd party vendor provided kit. Many people want to experience the joy without the hassle. My Timney & 15-22 works very well. The JP trigger system was about 80% there. I could afford the financial cost to experience my range fun, hence what I did.

I think your alternative to the KNS pins is very valid. I think any remedy to remove the loss of the pins should be used when bump-firing.

In another note, I have a SlideFire system for my M&P 15-22, PSA AR15 Dissipator, and now (almost done being built) for my Saiga 12. I hope to have some full-auto video with the shotgun this weekend. Why? Because I can and I enjoy it.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-15-2012, 02:02 PM
stavman11's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The DESERT of Arizona
Posts: 933
Likes: 377
Liked 430 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenOhSix View Post
Money is relative to the person and usage. Just like anything out there, you can go with a Bubba setup and make it work just as well as a 3rd party vendor provided kit. Many people want to experience the joy without the hassle. My Timney & 15-22 works very well. The JP trigger system was about 80% there. I could afford the financial cost to experience my range fun, hence what I did.

I think your alternative to the KNS pins is very valid. I think any remedy to remove the loss of the pins should be used when bump-firing.

In another note, I have a SlideFire system for my M&P 15-22, PSA AR15 Dissipator, and now (almost done being built) for my Saiga 12. I hope to have some full-auto video with the shotgun this weekend. Why? Because I can and I enjoy it.

Mike

EXACTLY...... if cost was the Biggest factor... i wouldnt have a Slide Fire either...

heck now because I have 2 NEW Ar15 .223 I am looking at reloading....LOL


CANT wait ta see the Video of yer Slide fire SHOTGUN.... my shoulder hurts already....LOL

Stav
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
223, mp15, smith and wesson

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Thread, KNS pins with timney trigger ?'s in Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns; Ok I was reading on the kns pins that are specifically made for the mp15-22. It says they will only ...
LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/249378-kns-pins-timney-trigger-s.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread KNS pins with timney trigger ?'s | S-W Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-06-2012 07:11 AM

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timney trigger.... adjc Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 3 04-19-2012 06:00 AM
WTS Timney trigger 03-A3 Win52C Accessories/Misc - For Sale or Trade 1 01-19-2012 06:22 PM
M&P Lower/Timney trigger installation....HELP motopsycho687 Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles 1 12-30-2011 02:56 AM
Smith Lower/Timney Trigger.......HELP!!!!! motopsycho687 S&W-Smithing 1 12-29-2011 06:24 AM
Timney Trigger for Mauser larbike Accessories/Misc - For Sale or Trade 1 05-26-2010 05:08 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.


S-W Forum, LLC 2000-2013
Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)