Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 AM
Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/ Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/ Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/ Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/ Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/  
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Default Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/

I have a bad case of modding the **** out of all my guns ... Well I've had this two days and can't stop buying stuff for it too bad I can't find mags ...

So far I put a MOE MilSpec stock , MOE hand-guard on her ... I have MBUS sights on there way to me and I just emailed rrogers inquiring about his ecotech clone (couldn't find it on his website) here's a pic of her now (2 days after I got her lol)

I also (of course) did the crayola treatment ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357541993.294146.jpg (59.3 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by Rudy40; 01-07-2013 at 03:02 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/ Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/ Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/ Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/ Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/  
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

lol, im in the same boat...

speaking of mags, im looking at getting a 200 round drum for mine. people have already got it working on these guns!!
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky29tds View Post
lol, im in the same boat...

speaking of mags, im looking at getting a 200 round drum for mine. people have already got it working on these guns!!
Where does one find that
Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 AM

Does anyone want to trade a mag for my iron rear sight and my factory stock ?

I don't feel right having only one magazine (

Edit : also my stock pistol grip I took off
Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Its a sickness, that many of us have had.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 AM
US Veteran
Liked 6,175 Times in 2,676 Posts

Do the tacticool accessories improve accuracy??
Old 01-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Liked 220 Times in 138 Posts

"I have a bad case of modding the **** out of all my guns"

you and me both... I leave no weapon "stock" - that is a bad word in my vocabulary.

In a few days, waiting on 2 final pieces, I will post up photos and specs on mine
Old 01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Liked 73 Times in 35 Posts
Default LOL. Pimp'n your 15-22??

Pimp'n the gun is fun!

Regards, Mike
Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 PM
US Veteran
Liked 886 Times in 431 Posts

You have the dreaded BRD
And yes, the Tacticool accessories do improve accuracy ;-) maybe
Time for a new hand guard Rudy40.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

i hear ya that, bought mine little over a month ago already added more mags, scope, red dot, flip up sights, foregrip, different stock...i think that is it for now haha. either way, its a ton cheaper than what i spent on my quad.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Liked 348 Times in 157 Posts

I bought a M&P15 in November and said all I want is a hand guard and flashlight.... Yea that worked out really well. I got Hand Guard, Flashlight, Red Dot, and soon rail covers and I am hoping to replace the grip and maybe add a bipod.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Liked 603 Times in 250 Posts

It's all part of making our firearms ours!

I've followed along the same path, added a PA MD07, Magpul AFG in FDE, Magpul CTR stock in FDE, Magpul MIAD grip in FDE, ETC...
Old 01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Hahahah welcome to our addiction. After 1 month i already spent more than the rifle costs. I got an aimpoint pro, magpul mbus and rail covers, str stock, hogue grip and mako foregrip/bipod.. 4x25 round mags.. Ahh i forgot the ms2 sling and buffer tube adaptor (mtac-30).

It look extremely good (for me at least).. Only some minor improvements pending, maybe the aluminium charging handle and some minor other stuff..

Its a good hobby though, of course you have to shoot a lot..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy40 View Post
Does anyone want to trade a mag for my iron rear sight and my factory stock ?

I don't feel right having only one magazine (

Edit : also my stock pistol grip I took off
My wife gave me **** about buying 3 more a few months back. Over the last week or so, I've emailed her a dozen or so sites that say "Sold Out" with a little note at the bottom of each email; "This is reason #10, #11, #12" etc
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM
US Veteran
Liked 2,547 Times in 1,006 Posts

One of the first things I did was put a Trijicon RX-01NSN tritium sight on mine. Somebody said, "You put a $600 sight on a $450 rifle?" I said, "No, I put a $450 rifle on a $600 sight." With that, the laser and Surefire light, I can pretty much hit what I aim at.

CW
Old 01-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Liked 31,521 Times in 5,695 Posts

I believe there's no such thing as a bad case of modifying a rifle, so long as the weapon's safe use isn't compromised. I've been absolutely amazed at some of the fine pieces colleagues of mine have put together, rifles which provide great enjoyment on the range, in the field during a hunt, or on the bench while their owners are engaged in the process of modifying/accessorizing them. It's a great hobby and I'm happy to see in this forum that many are enjoying it.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:41 PM

Here's my update ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357872086.404778.jpg (63.5 KB, 207 views)
Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticool22 View Post
You have the dreaded BRD
And yes, the Tacticool accessories do improve accuracy ;-) maybe
Time for a new hand guard Rudy40.
Any recommendations ?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I really love this gun... I got mine yesterday (bought from a friend and have shot the same gun before at the range with him) and I've already ordered a forend grip, hogue overmold pistol grip, and 2 32rd promags in addition to the 2 25rd s&w mags that came with it and a red dot... I'm gonna shoot this gun 10 times more than my AR.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Liked 49 Times in 33 Posts

I do not feel so bad about the mods I made on my M&P15-22. The first thing I did was get some of those big rubber rail covers, then I did not like the extra wide feel. I went with the thin ladder looking rail covers and put a gripod. Next I put a Primary Arms red dot and I am happy with it. At this point I do not have any plans to make any other changes to mine.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

I have enjoyed my journey with mods, I started out stock, then after more mags, realised that an AFG would be useful, then optics, then the charging handle, sling attachment, then I realised that a BAD lever would seriously improve the gun for me (the most useful addition I've made), then a new Hogue grip, more optics, then a gas pedal, all these are currently on the rifle and come in handy, as well as tacticools barrel wrench, only the magpul rail covers, sit in my gun safe unused. There are lots of things that are possible to do with this great gun...In the long run my aim is a new handguard and trigger...but finances state that they will be in the distant future. For now I am very happy with my 15-22. Modding it is almost as much fun as shooting it....At the range the other night one of the old guys asked "are you feeling alright" I replied "yeah why?" "Because you haven't added anything to your Smith & Wesson in a while" To which I responded by showing him my 45 degree rail with micro red dot and the gas pedal....to which he responded by tutting and shaking his head with a grin on his face.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

Here try this from MIDWAY for 25 round mags. Still available.

Smith & Wesson Mag S&W M&P 15-22 22 Long Rifle 25-Round Polymer Black

Last edited by Joe.45; 01-19-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:47 AM

Or better yet try the 50 round drum. Still available & MIDWAY

Black Dog Machine Mag Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 22 Long Rifle 50-Round
Old 01-19-2015, 12:50 AM

And for those of U in BLUE or Kommie states, get the 10 rounder, always available.

Smith & Wesson Mag S&W M&P 15-22 22 Long Rifle 10-Round Short Body
Old 01-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Liked 129 Times in 76 Posts

You don't know fun until you have the 50 round drum madness!

Modding rifles is funny. If the rifle comes with regular handguards, people change out into a lightweight, open designed quadrail. When the rifle comes with an open quadrail as the 15-22 does, people want to cover it up with handguards. The drive to look different is always an interesting balance.

OP, nice looking setup. I'm happy to see you moved your rear sight back. Your first picture with the rear sight moved forward perplexed me a bit.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Liked 391 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
I have a bad case of modding the **** out of all my guns ... Well I've had this two days and can't stop buying stuff for it too bad I can't find mags ...

So far I put a MOE MilSpec stock , MOE hand-guard on her ... I have MBUS sights on there way to me and I just emailed rrogers inquiring about his ecotech clone (couldn't find it on his website) here's a pic of her now (2 days after I got her lol)

Sorry about your luck Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/Ugh I knew I shouldn't have got this rifle :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Liked 92 Times in 43 Posts

Meetings on non shooting days, Please bring your unused parts to trade, (therapy to prevent spending). Forums are forbidden except on non shooting days. Posting pictures is required, (Ridicule therapy, why did you do that, costs to much, how many sights and lights do you need on that thing, etc), See you at the meeting !!!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:40 PM
Liked 114 Times in 73 Posts
Default 25 round factory mags

CDNN Sports $14.99

CDNN SPORTS - SMITH WESSON MP1522 25RD 22LR MAGAZINE - EMAIL SPECIALS
Old 01-20-2015, 10:34 PM

I'm gonna look into that chalk thingy. I like the way it looks.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Help me.... I've caught the bug too!

Just reading this thread has me looking to order an alloy charging handle and a BAD lever... too bad payday is still a week away.

I'm the same with everything though, everything has to be "improved" from cars, to fishing gear guns and tools, the only thing left stock in my life is the missus..... for now
Old 01-23-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
Help me.... I've caught the bug too!

Just reading this thread has me looking to order an alloy charging handle and a BAD lever... too bad payday is still a week away.

I'm the same with everything though, everything has to be "improved" from cars, to fishing gear guns and tools, the only thing left stock in my life is the missus..... for now
Just be aware that if you are going with the magpul BAD lever it needs to be adapted (bent) to properly fit the 15-22....the SBR from NDZ is custom fit to the 15-22 but imho the magpul looks better and is easier to get in the UK
Old 01-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMutt View Post
Just be aware that if you are going with the magpul BAD lever it needs to be adapted (bent) to properly fit the 15-22....the SBR from NDZ is custom fit to the 15-22 but imho the magpul looks better and is easier to get in the UK
Thanks for that, I'll take a look at the SBR before I spend the dosh.

Although a tweak does make it all the more fun, another episode of the MWG fitting process could be a step too far LOL
Old 01-23-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
Thanks for that, I'll take a look at the SBR before I spend the dosh.

Although a tweak does make it all the more fun, another episode of the MWG fitting process could be a step too far LOL
Welcome to the Achilles heel of the UK 15-22 owner. Achilles had his heel, UK 15-22's have ITAR!
Yes even this innocuous piece of cnc'd aluminium falls under the evil spell. Hence my choice with the Magpul, it was more expensive (pre customs & Shipping) than the SBR, but I had mine custom shaped by a very thorough and precise 15-22 guru. Who wouldn't let it leave until it was mm perfect, it runs flawlessly and fits perfect, even the 'bends' are hard to make out and their is no obvious marks on the finish. Add a bit of tacticrayola and bingo. It was the best addition I have made.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

With it being on the same platform as any other AR, I think it's a much less expensive way to get your modding on vs a regular AR. Yeah, I spent almost $900 on my rifle with all the mods, but I probably would have spent closer to $2k on a similarly equipped AR when all I want to do is plink or do target practice.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Liked 254 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
.... here's a pic of her now (2 days after I got her lol) ....

And here she is tomorrow.

I tend to take stuff off of mine.
All I want are sights.
A simpler and lighter hand guard is nice.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:02 PM
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:

I was hooked from the beginning too. I had always been somewhat interested in guns but never enough to actually buy one but now I have the M&P 15-22 and am in the process of building an AR Pistol. In fact....I often made fun of people for buying ammunition just to go shoot it all up at a range. I would say that it's a waste of money. Now I do that! LOL!

I'm a UPS driver and often deliver guns, gun parts, and ammo to gun stores as well as individuals. I would always get pretty pissed when I had to carry heavy ammunition. Even more so when there was enough that required that I load it on a cart. But that is rare now due to the improving, but still real, ammo situation. Well anyway that is how I ended up buying the M&P 15-22. I was delivering to one of our gun shops and one of the packages was a C.O.D.. That particular store prints their checks but the computer and printer were both being troublesome so even though I was pissed and normally don't wait around for that long I decided to for some reason. While the owner was fiddling with his computer and printer I starting looking around. I started taking ARs and other rifles off the wall and actually trying to figure out how they work. After about a minute of that I was convinced that I wanted one. So....for the the next few nights I'd look around on the internet to see what's cheap and a good "starter" AR and the M&P 15-22 seemed to be a favorite in that category for many people so I stopped in to a gun store located just up the road from UPS one night after work and bought me one and took it to the range a few weeks later. I've been hooked since.

I've added an optic but don't plan on added anything else to it. I quickly determined that it would just be a training rifle and for that reason won't put any extra money into it. My AR pistol (possibly future SBR) will get all of the fun money. I will continue to shoot the M&P 15-22 because it is fun and the ammo is still cheaper despite the current ammo situation. I even took my 12 year old son to the range and later my wife and they both enjoyed it. Next up....my 5 year old daughter?

Last edited by Overpaid Union Thug; 01-24-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:37 PM
Liked 73 Times in 53 Posts

I went through several set ups.

Ended up selling it for the real deal because of the money I was dumping into it. Plus 22lr dried up around that time.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:04 PM
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts

All I need.