Smith & Wesson Forum

Smith & Wesson Forum (https://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php)
-   Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 (https://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/)
-   -   OFFICIAL (IN STOCK) 22LR AMMO THREAD (https://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/292430-official-stock-22lr-ammo-thread.html)

Newhouse 03-15-2013 02:28 PM

Was informed that Fin by the airport has 525 rd Federal for $30. Limit 1 box per customer.

wpsharpshooter 03-15-2013 03:08 PM

I hate to be an *** but can we stick to links for ammo... Lot of fluff to sift thru...

V3n0M 03-15-2013 03:33 PM

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-10...mmunition.aspx

LOL, I think they had 1 in stock, I purchased one and then OUT OF STOCK

oos already :(

kodak dan 03-15-2013 04:27 PM

Hesitated posting this due to price. Don't see where it had been posted earlier. Have to buy alot too.

5000 Rounds of .22 LR Ammo by Centurion - 40gr LRN
.14/rnd

5000 Rounds of Bulk .22 LR Ammo by Centurion - 40gr LRN

jackson13132002 03-15-2013 05:34 PM

St.louis people...Dunns sporting goods has federal 525 value packs and assortment of other 22lr. You have to call, they will hold for you. Hurry stock is close to gone.

wb9tpg 03-15-2013 05:56 PM

Still in stock 5000 Rounds of Bulk .22 LR Ammo by Centurion - 40gr LRN $695

craigb666 03-15-2013 06:06 PM

Mine showing they still have 20 left for the 5000 round bulk shipment for $695..

$ling$hot 03-15-2013 06:27 PM

Dunns is OUT OF STOCK! 200 cases - 2000 Boxes GONE! When is this craziness going to end?

On a lighter note, my Bass Pro order from yesterday did ship :) I've never shot the Blazers before, so I'm looking forward to see if my new Buckmark will eat ' em up!

To Walmart APP users: These receipts are 2 days old! If it's in stock, it's there and don't let them tell you any different. Had Arnold Asst. Manager lie say it wasn't in stock last night around 21:00; showing 2 different .22's. This morning, it was limited stock and now it's gone! Call 800 Walmart if they give you any problems!

Eureka Walmart has Remington 225 in stock!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42...psd05b4d26.jpg

marco90 03-16-2013 11:25 PM

22lr Charlotte, NC

Here in Charlotte, NC we just had some hits with ammo shippments. Here is what I found worked for me. I would check the Walmart inventory each day, once I found a location that had changed to in stock I would arrive there around 7:30 AM the next morning (weekday, on my way to work). I did this with two different locations (on different days) and arrived as they were taking the 22lr out of the shipping box. It appears the web site updates what is on the truck when the truck arrives, so when Walmarts status changes to in stock it means they will put it on the shelves the next AM, just get there early.
Hope this helps.

kyij 03-16-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urlebuddy (Post 137094308)
My local (40 miles away) Bass Pro kept telling me 22lr was out of stock every time I called. So today I made the trip and scored! 4 Federal 525ct value packs and 16 American Eagle 50ct packs for $120. 2900 rounds at $.04/round. My suggestion would be to stop calling and just go. They limit you to 2 bulk packs per customer with a 10 box overall limit. Bring a friend!

The problem is that if it is the same for you (a bass pro is 40 mi away, it may be a problem for some people) since everyone is after them and subsequently my bass pro ran out 36 hours later. SO many are already out BUT I got word some are coming in tomorrow (rummer, do not quote me)..

EDIT: And my bass pro will limit you to one box of the 22lr, so it may very well not be worth the drive for some, especially if they are actually out or too stubborn, etc.

Bamabred 03-16-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yubarut (Post 137092653)
Got the same email, do you remember what size boxes they where, been going through so many attempts to get some cant remember.

They were 50 round boxes

victorscarlo 03-17-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayiw (Post 137094613)
You need to keep checking the Walmart Website for stock and as soon as you see something in stock you need to call there and ask for the Sporting Goods associate. If the operator asks you first why don't even bother telling her because she'll say they don't have any ammo. Sometimes they'll even ask "Are you looking for ammo?". Just either tell her no or tell her to just get you the Sporting Goods person. Anyway, when you get him on the phone, be sure to say you saw ammo in stock for their store on the website. If you just ask for ammo he's likely to tell you they have none as well. Ask him if it's already out and if not when they plan to put it out. That's my strategy and tip for anyone trying to get ammo at Walmart. Oh and be really nice to them, develop a relationship with them and they may even text you to let you know when they get stuff :)

Ok so using this strategy I got on Fri from Levittown Superstore 3 boxes of .22 Golden Remington 225 ct boxes. I got this morning 3 boxes of Fed 9mm 50 ct boxes (although I got screwed out of something else but that's another story), and I could have had 3 more of the 9mm from the Levittown Store but it's not worth the 1/2 drive each way for 150 rounds. If they were the 100 ct boxes I would have bit.

On another note, the Winchester 100 ct 9mm boxes don't show on the Walmart site... so if you are looking for any 9mm or something Walmart carries but doesn't show on their website you just need to call. I called Bristol at 12pm today (forgot to call earlier) and he was selling his last Winchester 100 ct 9mm box and he said he got 10 in stock, started selling them at 9am, grrr I would have had me 3!

Jay

Wow, thanks man! Yeah I'm in lansdale, which there is a few walmarts around here. Any idea on time wise they stock their shelves? Are trucks delivered daily also? I think ill hit my local Walmart around 730 Sunday morning and see :-) Thanks man and if ya see any around, pick up an extra box for me if ya can and well meet up! I just got my. 22 and am dying to shoot it.

victorscarlo 03-17-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavorman (Post 137094710)
Don't tell anyone ;) but Clayton's on 611 across from the old Willow Grove Naval Air base has had a consistent supply of 22lr, 9mm and .223. He'll limit you to one or two boxes but if you use his range you can buy ammo on the way in and on the way out. If you make a few trips you can build some inventory.

Good Luck.

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with Clayton's. I call them daily and am told they are fresh out other than a couple 50 round boxes. I also tried target world but they only have 50 rd boxes at 2 per day. 100 rounds? Serious? Haha that's crazy man!

thecityman 03-17-2013 12:21 AM

Still trying for .22's....anyone want to trade for .223's

No one...NO ONE on this thread has worked harder or had worse luck than me. You can't imagine how many 6 30 am trips I've made to walmarts, only to either have them run out right before me or have them say they don't have any (even though it shows in stock). I've checked gun bot 10 times a day, I've followed every link in this thread, driven 50 miles to Bass Pro, and today went to a gun show. All I've got for all that work is 100 rounds, at $20. Sorry to break out the woe is me violin music. We know its tought out there. But today I did happen to walk into Dick's as they were unpacking 1 case of winchester .223/5.56 55 grain, full metal jacket. If anyone wants to trade some .22's for these, I will be VERY fair. I'm between Bowling Green and Nashville or can do mail. Thanks

robelli 03-17-2013 12:23 AM

I am in Ulster County in upstate NY. Several Walmarts in the area are showing some kind of 22lr in stock. I called each one, told them that the website shows the item in stock. They are adamant that they do not have any and have not had it for months. Very fishy. I am tired of this whole thing and give up for now. I have wasted too much time on this. Good luck to all!
:mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::(:mad::confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::(:mad::confused:

northkai2 03-17-2013 12:34 AM

walmart ammo stock status

i am very convinced that walmarts in stock, or out of stock status is pretty accurate, just seen on walmart.com that the remington 22lr 225ct golden bullet bulk boxes are in stock, now mind u this is the first time that ive ever actually checked on walmarts website, but i know for a fact ive never seen 22lr ammo in my walmart next to my house, not once. i said hey what the heck, i drove 5 mins to my walmart, check the shelves and nothing, i found a guy unpacking boxes in a nearby lane, i said hey do u have any of this 22lr ammo cause the website shows its in stock. so we searched the three pallets he was unloading and sure enough there was a unopened case of 22lr. bought 3 boxes and put it in the car, came back in and bought another 3 boxes. =-) anyways some other people caught on and bought the last couple boxes. i immediately went online with my phone and checked the availability knowing all the ammo was sold, and sure enough it shows out of stock now. this all happened about 30 mins ago.

Calihunter 03-17-2013 12:39 AM

Scored

So I'm checking the Walmart app and find some Winchester M-22 in stock at my local Walmart and some Winchester 333's I drive down there I don't even call anymore, and the guy running the sporting goods section tells me there's no ammo, I show him the app said in stock he says sorry bro I haven't heard of any in stock, he goes to the back and I hung out for about 5 minutes and I see him coming with 3 cases he sees me and yelled I found them! So I scored a box of 1000 rounds of the M-22 and 2 of the 333's 1666 rounds in one trip, I told the guy that next time I come in ill hook him up with a gift card for dinner for him and his wife he's an older gentleman that's how u build a good rapor with ur ammo guy lol

kyij 03-17-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robelli (Post 137094903)
I am in Ulster County in upstate NY. Several Walmarts in the area are showing some kind of 22lr in stock. I called each one, told them that the website shows the item in stock. They are adamant that they do not have any and have not had it for months. Very fishy. I am tired of this whole thing and give up for now. I have wasted too much time on this. Good luck to all!
:mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::(:mad::confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused::(:mad::confused:

I call walmart (that recently shows in stock).. "sorry we are out", check the site for giggles an hour later, sold out.. they must have realized they forgot to grab the last box for themselves..

Calihunter 03-17-2013 12:45 AM

Live inventory

I have to say that it is very accurate, when I walked out of Walmart I refreshed my iPhone and the Winchester M-22's were already out of stock the 333's showes as limited so they might still have some if it still shows limited in the morning I'm gonna stop by at 7am to scope it out

northkai2 03-17-2013 12:47 AM

In stock ammo status

I believe as soon as they unload the truck and scan the pallets it shows in stock. So it should be somewhere in that Walmart buried in a pallet if its not on the shelves. Lol. Just a matter of making friends with someone so they will dig it out for u. Cause normally at Walmart, nobody will go out of there way to help anyone.

Calihunter 03-17-2013 12:54 AM

In stock

That is very true, a couple days ago same thing happen it showed in stock and went there and spoke to the assistant manager he told me to come back in an hour cause the truck had just pulled up but he saw a case of the Remington 225's so I came back about 45 minutes later with my dad and we picked up 6 boxes of the 225's so this ammo is not even hitting the shelves, but it does go out of stock right away as soon as it sells

8UP 03-17-2013 02:15 AM

you never know what they have here because they don't even update it on the computer this is from tonight
"Availability is approximate and was last updated on 03/10/2013 at 11:58 AM, Eastern Time."

brorex 03-17-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8UP (Post 137095021)
you never know what they have here because they don't even update it on the computer this is from tonight
"Availability is approximate and was last updated on 03/10/2013 at 11:58 AM, Eastern Time."

I don't think it will show an updated date unless it is scanned into stock so 3/10/2013 would be the last time that ammo was in stock in that wal-mart

newbie82 03-17-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

I don't think it will show an updated date unless it is scanned into stock so 3/10/2013 would be the last time that ammo was in stock in that wal-mart
Will all due respect, I don't believe that is true because my wal-mart page says the exact same thing, including the exact same time. 11:58 AM est.

Seems like quite a coincidence.

winterzwolf 03-17-2013 02:37 AM

Don't try to overthink this guys.

The web site runs on a computer, and computers are very simple.

Warehouse worker scans 10 boxes of 22LR headed for your walmart. Web site shows in stock. Someone at your walmart sells 10 boxes, web site updates to show out of stock.

The availability message is there to cover Walmart's ***. I'm sure on occasion a truck tips over, I'm sure sometimes stuff gets lost, and I'm also sure some employee gets greedy on occasion.

But if the web site is showing in stock, it was scanned at the warehouse before being put on the truck.

See my old post:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...#post137091044

brorex 03-17-2013 02:39 AM

Re: OFFICIAL (IN STOCK) 22LR AMMO THREAD

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbie82 (Post 137095028)
Will all due respect, I don't believe that is true because my wal-mart page says the exact same thing, including the exact same time. 11:58 AM est.

Seems like quite a coincidence.

I very certainly could and probably am wrong!! :confused:

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

rhinoh 03-17-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northkai2 (Post 137094917)
i am very convinced that walmarts in stock, or out of stock status is pretty accurate

Maybe it is accurate some of the time. 2 days ago a local WM showed .22 in stock, ran over and bought the last box they had. 12 hours later still showed them having it in stock.
I've had this exact experience several times, bought ALL they had and many hours later it STILL showed them having it when I know for a fact they didn't.

victorscarlo 03-17-2013 07:53 AM

Been to 4 walmarts this morning where a couple different 22lr showed in stock with no luck :-( If anyone's from the Philadelphia area on here and yiy need some. 45, 380 or 7.62, the Walmart in willow grove just got stick this morning. This madness needs to end! Hahaha off to another store :-)

bgs210 03-17-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calihunter (Post 137094924)
So I'm checking the Walmart app and find some Winchester M-22 in stock at my local Walmart and some Winchester 333's I drive down there I don't even call anymore, and the guy running the sporting goods section tells me there's no ammo, I show him the app said in stock he says sorry bro I haven't heard of any in stock, he goes to the back and I hung out for about 5 minutes and I see him coming with 3 cases he sees me and yelled I found them! So I scored a box of 1000 rounds of the M-22 and 2 of the 333's 1666 rounds in one trip, I told the guy that next time I come in ill hook him up with a gift card for dinner for him and his wife he's an older gentleman that's how u build a good rapor with ur ammo guy lol

Bribery will get you EVERYwhere!

had 03-17-2013 08:48 AM

The walmart here is somewhat accurate. I've picked up 6 boxes of 22lr and one 420 pack of .223. Thing is from what I can tell when it shows in stock it means it's on the truck headed this way. It does not mean they have it in store. But when it sells the website updates right away go figure.

tchorn74 03-17-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northkai2 (Post 137094932)
I believe as soon as they unload the truck and scan the pallets it shows in stock. So it should be somewhere in that Walmart buried in a pallet if its not on the shelves. Lol. Just a matter of making friends with someone so they will dig it out for u. Cause normally at Walmart, nobody will go out of there way to help anyone.

Yes this is the case, however I have found that some of the workers are getting pretty fed up with having to check in the back and have told me that they are busy doing their job and don't have time to check every 10 minutes for somebody. Best thing to do is to find a manager and see if they can check for you.

tchorn74 03-17-2013 09:36 AM

Went to the Fort Worth Gun Show yesterday and the prices they were asking were ridiculous. I see the Winchester 22LR 555cts that people have been finding at Walmart for $20 going for $80 to $100 :eek::eek::eek: Seem's like the stock at Walmart has been increasing in the past few days. Keep checking the app.

jayiw 03-17-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorscarlo (Post 137094853)
Wow, thanks man! Yeah I'm in lansdale, which there is a few walmarts around here. Any idea on time wise they stock their shelves? Are trucks delivered daily also? I think ill hit my local Walmart around 730 Sunday morning and see :-) Thanks man and if ya see any around, pick up an extra box for me if ya can and well meet up! I just got my. 22 and am dying to shoot it.

Walmarts receive trucks every day with various stock, however that doesn't mean they will get ammo stock daily. Basically they get it when available and allocated to them which right now and in the recent past has been few and far between.

When they put it out depends on when the truck is unloaded, stock unloaded off pallets, the associate who deals with the ammo, if the individual store has a policy of when they put ammo out, etc. There are many variables from when something shows in stock on the website from when it's actually there to be sold.

Best thing I can recommend is when you go to any of the Walmarts that you frequent, go to the sporting goods dept and ask for the guy who deals with the ammo. Be real nice, let him know you are in desperate need of ammo and if there's any way he can help you get some by letting you know when they get shipments in or when they put ammo out after a truck comes in with an ammo shipment. Be friendly.

Right now I don't "need" any more .22 ammo, although if I see any I may grab some. If I do I'll let you know. But it's still a 3 box limit or 6 if I can get my wife to go and if they have 9mm or .45 I need that right now so if they have enough of that ammo that may be all I can get. I'll keep an eye out though and definitely pick any up that I can get.

Jay

edteach 03-17-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchorn74 (Post 137095321)
Went to the Fort Worth Gun Show yesterday and the prices they were asking were ridiculous. I see the Winchester 22LR 555cts that people have been finding at Walmart for $20 going for $80 to $100 :eek::eek::eek: Seem's like the stock at Walmart has been increasing in the past few days. Keep checking the app.

I see a lot of ammo at walmart coming in but very little 22 yet. Its coming. One good sign is I have some for sale and no one is buying at high prices. I use the for sale to judge if people are still paying high prices. They are not or not as much as they were.

303sig1911 03-17-2013 11:06 AM

I don't know how real time the Walmart app is from the website. I have used both. One store shows stock in the app and on the web, but the website indicates that the information was last updated 03/10/2013.

I also know that I have gone to a walmart that show out of stock on everything and they have stock. Keep in mind, upon further looking, this last updated date is for ALL stores in my area. The site must update weekly. The app seems to match the site for my area.

Gunbot is pretty dried up for 22lr these days. There is the occasional Midway or Cabelas listing, but the rest of the retailers are taking advantage of the market.

darnalljason 03-17-2013 12:23 PM

Guess my walmart wants to keep it all for friends and employees

Winchester 22 LR Super Speed, 100pk IN STOCK

Availability is approximate and was last updated on 03/17/2013 at 11:59 AM, Eastern Time

just left the store manager says they havent had that in 3 months but it shows in stock

defcoord 03-17-2013 12:33 PM

North Garland Walmart this morning landed 3 - 100 rnd boxes of Winchester 22 LR Super Speed... Showed "IN STOCK" on web early this morning, I made the drive. First two people I asked said "nothing came in". I was persistant and sure enough third person appeared and retrieved unopended case from under the counter...

Glacialhills 03-17-2013 01:39 PM

Very slow this weekend...I have seen no deals for under 10 cents

hell72 03-17-2013 01:50 PM

So after reading this last page, I have one question....where are the available ammo links? That is the name of this thread right not a bunch of other squabble going back n forth?

heatedheavy 03-17-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell72 (Post 137095839)
So after reading this last page, I have one question....where are the available ammo links? That is the name of this thread right not a bunch of other squabble going back n forth?

Have you tried watching Gunbot.net?

chip3757 03-17-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

^^^This... Someone needs to start a new thread titled "scoring ammo at Walmart... Tricks and Tips" and move all the squabble and bragging over there.

Bamabred 03-17-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah because your complaining is helping people find tons of ammo.

darnalljason 03-17-2013 03:08 PM

Lapua .22lr Standard Plus SK 50rd Box

1-10 is 5.50
10+ 5.00

AND THEY ARE GONE

execsbcman 03-17-2013 03:21 PM

I would love to get a walmart app so I could check here in Illinosi. Can you share the app address? Thanks DR
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calihunter (Post 137094924)

turn8 03-17-2013 03:40 PM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

darnalljason 03-17-2013 03:41 PM

app

Quote:

Originally Posted by execsbcman (Post 137096041)
I would love to get a walmart app so I could check here in Illinosi. Can you share the app address? Thanks DR

Its a Iphone / Droid app look for it in the playstore on droid or on itunes for iphone

turn8 03-17-2013 03:41 PM

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/walmart/id338137227

newbie82 03-17-2013 03:54 PM

5000 Rounds of Bulk .22 LR Ammo by Centurion - 40gr LRN

5000 rounds of Centurion for $695 (0.14 per)

Jack80 03-17-2013 03:55 PM

OFFICIAL (IN STOCK) 22LR AMMO THREAD

Wouldn't call this at deal at .14 a round but some people might
5000 Rounds of .22 LR Ammo by Centurion - 40gr LRN
$695
http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-22-lr-a...centurion-5000

Rediculous if you ask me

bosco72 03-17-2013 04:13 PM

Anyone else having the problem with gunbot not beeping? I set threshold and it worked fine for a couple of days but I have not gotten a beep in the past 2 days.