Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2  
Liked 364 Times in 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
Bump for a great product, with terrific customer service. My daughter no longer gets clobbered in the eye with casings (she likes to shoot prone) and so both of us are happy.

She has no issues checking for clear (nor I, double checking her) and we've experienced no problems whatsoever (either with bounce back or anything else). FYI, she is not using a riser, either.

Many thanks.
Glad to hear the brass deflector is helping your daughter to enjoy shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
Made it to the range this morning to try both the new deflector, and the previous 45 degree prototype. Here's what I found...

Ammunition
Aguila Interceptor
Aguila SuperMaximum
CCI Mini-Mag CPRN
CCI Segmented HP Subsonic
CCI Standard Velocity
CCI Stinger
CCI Tactical
CCI Velocitor
Federal AE Supressor
Winchester M-22

Tried 10 rounds of each with both deflectors (100 rounds with each).
New deflector - 7 bounce backs
45 degree prototype - 1 bounce back

Both deflectors shared a bounce back with the Aguila SuperMaximum, which is advertised at 1750 fps. Left the 45 degree prototype deflector attached and fired another 120 rounds of Winchester M-22 with no additional failures.

For everyone else here, I firmly believe that the ejection pattern for shell casings can vary between rifles, and that mine is kind of a problem child. My rifle likes the 45 degree prototype the best. SWS has done an amazing job at creating a great product, and went above and beyond to make the original design better! I have been contacted personally several times and was always treated well. I'm really thinking about the new charging handle latch SWS offers.

Even though the new design doesn't work as well on MY rifle as the prototype, several people have asked about it, and I highly recommended the deflector to all of them (I hope they all order one!).

Kind of off topic... The prototype deflector is not anodized or painted. Thinking about some Flat Dark Earth furniture from Magpul and would like to paint the deflector. Does anyone know what colour would match?
Hope the 45° prototype continues to work out for you. I would look into Krylon or Duracoat, I think they make some tans that are very close to the Magpul FDE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
THAT, I would buy.
RedNeck Jim is using a Leaper QD riser and just attaching the brass deflector to it. That will be the best solutions for those that want/need it.

There will not be any further refinement to the brass deflector, the Gen 2 is the final design.
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 08-28-2015, 10:29 AM
SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote=SimpleWeaponSolutions;137741344]Simple Weapon Solutions M&P 15-22 Brass Deflector Gen 2 is now available.

The 15-22 ejects the brass straight out to the right. If you are a left handed shooter, like me, the brass often ejects into your right arm. With the brass deflector most of the brass will drop straight down into a nice pile.

The brass deflector can also be useful to right handed shooters as it will keep the brass from bouncing off lane dividers and landing back onto you, or hitting shooters in the lanes next to you.

The Brass Deflector is designed to work with most optics that are mounted to the top rail above the ejection port. However with the wide variety of optics and mounts that are available, the Brass Deflector may not work with your setup.

The Brass Deflector Kit comes with
  • 1 Picatinny Mount
  • 1 Shield
  • 1 Nylon Tip Set Screw
  • 2 Button Head Screws
  • 1 1/8 Hex L Key
  • 1 3/32 Hex L Key

Retail Price $40.00 + $2.00 S&H (No International Shipping)

It is highly recommended that you use medium strength thread locker, such as 242 Blue Loctite. Only a small amount is needed to keep the screws from backing out during firing. Do not over tighten the nylon tip set screw, as you can cause damage to your rail. Run the screw down until it touches the rail and then tighten 1/8 - 1/4 turn.

This brass deflector is designed to work only with the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 and will not work with .223 / 5.56 AR15 rifles.

If you are a current customer and are having issues with the Gen 1 Brass Deflector, please email [email protected]

There will not be any further refinement to the brass deflector, the Gen 2 is the final design.

Hello All! The simple weapon solutions website does not appear to be functioning. Does anybody know where I can buy the Gen 2 brass deflector from or something similar to it?
Old 08-28-2015, 03:02 PM
SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2 SWS Brass Deflector Gen 2  
Liked 449 Times in 285 Posts

I think he had a presence on ebay and facebook.

He was getting busy with other stuff and backed away from the 15-22 accessories. Shame, he made some nice stuff and stood behind his work.

Last edited by cjt50; 08-28-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Liked 608 Times in 322 Posts

If you can't get one I can send you mine when I get back home in two weeks.

I was one of the proto-testers and got one for free so you can thank SWS if you want it. It's a great product, but I did a handguard conversion on my 15-22 and the deflector has no place to mount to my rifle.

Put me down as one of the testers for a top rail mounted brass deflector that would work on pretty much every handguard.