Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 03-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet? Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet? Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet? Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet? Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet?  
Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondjames View Post
We'll technically it wasn't a store. I bought the rifle from a gun show. But I'm sure the people I bought it from run a gun shop during the week somewhere near by.
Did you buy the gun FROM the gun show, or AT the gun show? Most likely you bought it AT the gun show from someone who rented space from the gun show organizer.

My advice would be to contact the seller, and by the seller I do not mean the organizer of the gun show, I mean the person or business that you gave money to in exchange for the firearm. Hopefully they can provide you with a receipt. You feel that the gun was new, but it is possible that the gun in fact was not new, and this promotion only applies to new guns with a receipt.

There are people out there that buy new guns at the retail level, but with a deep discount due to volume or a personal relationship with a retailer. These people then sell the guns "As New", or "Like New In Box" to private individuals. These guns may have the box, and everything that should be in the box when new, but these guns are technically considered USED guns. In all likelihood these guns have never been fired since leaving the factory. Manufacturers would still consider these to be USED guns. I have no idea if this is the situation that you find yourself in or not. This would be between you and the seller.

When you bought it did you need to fill out a 4473 form? If you did the sale was probably from a dealer that holds a Federal Firearms License. If you did not the deal would be considered a face to face deal between two private parties. It may not have been important at the time of sale to you, but it is important to Smith & Wesson.

I hope that you can get a receipt and eventually the free ammo. I intend to go shoot mine up tomorrow!

Best of luck, and keep us posted.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet? Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet? Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet? Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet? Anyone received the free ammo from S&W yet?  
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I submitted my rebate online on 03/05 and received it yesterday, the 17th. The date on the package says it was shipped on 03/13. So about a week to get shipped out. For those of you who have been waiting for weeks or months, I would contact them and look into it. It's apparent they aren't behind on getting them out, unless I just got lucky.

Last edited by slingholm; 03-18-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:29 PM

In February I shot 300 rounds of Winchester Super X with 3 failures to fire, and 1 pierced primer. The weather was finally good enough to go to the outdoor range today. I shot up the entire box of 300 of these CCI AR Tactical. 100% reliable, and reasonably clean. So far the gun is 100% and the free ammo was 100%. Kudos to Smith & Wesson, I am extremely pleased with this gun.

I have some vision issues that unless repaired with surgery prevent me from ever being completely accurate, but the gun with this ammo was giving me 1" groups at 25 yards using the MBUS sights. If I had better vision The gun is probably able to do better.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Man View Post
Did you buy the gun FROM the gun show, or AT the gun show? Most likely you bought it AT the gun show from someone who rented space from the gun show organizer.

My advice would be to contact the seller, and by the seller I do not mean the organizer of the gun show, I mean the person or business that you gave money to in exchange for the firearm. Hopefully they can provide you with a receipt. You feel that the gun was new, but it is possible that the gun in fact was not new, and this promotion only applies to new guns with a receipt.

There are people out there that buy new guns at the retail level, but with a deep discount due to volume or a personal relationship with a retailer. These people then sell the guns "As New", or "Like New In Box" to private individuals. These guns may have the box, and everything that should be in the box when new, but these guns are technically considered USED guns. In all likelihood these guns have never been fired since leaving the factory. Manufacturers would still consider these to be USED guns. I have no idea if this is the situation that you find yourself in or not. This would be between you and the seller.

When you bought it did you need to fill out a 4473 form? If you did the sale was probably from a dealer that holds a Federal Firearms License. If you did not the deal would be considered a face to face deal between two private parties. It may not have been important at the time of sale to you, but it is important to Smith & Wesson.

I hope that you can get a receipt and eventually the free ammo. I intend to go shoot mine up tomorrow!

Best of luck, and keep us posted.
I'm pretty sure it was a FFL who I bought the gun from. They had a table set up and business cards and all. What is a "new"? I'm sure mine was infired and unregistered previously. Yes I filled out the 4473 form and the guy made a phone call to verify my ability to possess and own a firearm per federal regulations. I guess I'll give them a call and see how it goes
Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 PM

I bought a gun and the receipt had the serial number wrong. I discovered it a couple of days later. When I went back to the shop to get it straightened out they just looked back in their records at the 4473 and verified the serial number on the form with the weapon and printed a corrected receipt. I had been careful on the 4473, the box, and the firearm, but the last piece of paper, the receipt, was the one I did not crosscheck, and bingo. It was an easy fix, but it could make a difference if I ever need warranty work and the manufacturer wants a copy of the sales receipt.

If you have a business card and remember the date you bought it the 4473 should be able to confirm things for the shop. You might need to take the gun with you so they can verify everything.

Enjoy your new gun, and when you get it, enjoy your new free ammunition.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got mine yesterday 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry forgot to add took about 21 days and did get a email stating they could not ship to po box 2 days before I found the box on my front porch was shipped fed ex but the didn't mention that on email

Old 03-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Liked 258 Times in 171 Posts

Interesting, mine did not have the promotional wrap, guess it just depends on the lot they pull from and where shipped from...
Old 03-19-2014, 02:53 PM
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Just arrived

Submitted coupon on March 5th, FedEx delivered today March 19, exactly 2 weeks! Thanks S&W!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I still haven't received mine, so I called today and the guy was rude. I said I had mailed mine in a while ago. he said 6-8 weeks to process. I told him I had read that a lot have got theirs in 2 weeks I was told that is completely wrong and not sure where i was told that. I asked could you at least verify you have my info. and it was like I asked for something difficult, he then came back and said yeah we got it on Feb. 21 so yes expect it in 6-8 weeks thanks have a good night and that was it!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost monkey View Post
I still haven't received mine, so I called today and the guy was rude. I said I had mailed mine in a while ago. he said 6-8 weeks to process. I told him I had read that a lot have got theirs in 2 weeks I was told that is completely wrong and not sure where i was told that. I asked could you at least verify you have my info. and it was like I asked for something difficult, he then came back and said yeah we got it on Feb. 21 so yes expect it in 6-8 weeks thanks have a good night and that was it!
To be fair, it hasn't been 6-8 weeks since they received the rebate info from you, so what did you expect? I'm sure they're tired of people calling in. The terms and conditions are VERY clear. 6-8 weeks. Period. What you read on the Internet after that is pretty much irrelevant.

Just because some people got theirs in a "few weeks" doesn't automatically mean you will, so just be patient and you'll get yours. Breathe... It's just 300 rounds. I can't wait till .22 prices go back to normal. Heck, just a couple of years ago I was buying CCI Blazer at $13 for a brick of 550. So 300 rounds is peanuts in terms of value. When this madness dies down you'll wonder why you even worried about 300 rounds of essentially "worthless" .22!
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Trust me I totally get that I am in customer service. I wasn't really looking for it, more of just wanting to verify they got my info. because some also said theirs had gotten lost. You said about it getting back to a regular price!!! I just wish I could get them, looking for 22lr is like finding dinosaur bones hard as hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
To be fair, it hasn't been 6-8 weeks since they received the rebate info from you, so what did you expect? I'm sure they're tired of people calling in. The terms and conditions are VERY clear. 6-8 weeks. Period. What you read on the Internet after that is pretty much irrelevant.

Just because some people got theirs in a "few weeks" doesn't automatically mean you will, so just be patient and you'll get yours. Breathe... It's just 300 rounds. I can't wait till .22 prices go back to normal. Heck, just a couple of years ago I was buying CCI Blazer at $13 for a brick of 550. So 300 rounds is peanuts in terms of value. When this madness dies down you'll wonder why you even worried about 300 rounds of essentially "worthless" .22!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I sent mine in January 17th,and have not reieved yet
Old 03-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22 shooter View Post
I sent mine in January 17th,and have not reieved yet
i would contact them. i bet they didnt get your application

I bought my gun about a month ago and sent it in that night. got the ammo with in 2 weeks
Old 04-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Came home from work and there it was nice little box of 300 rds.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Wow...
Still haven't gotten mine and I mailed in when the offer started!
Any suggestions? Would nagging the gun shop where I purchased work?
Any one out there still waiting?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:39 PM

Liked 52 Times in 28 Posts

Submitted coupon on Jan 27, FedEx delivered today April 3rd. Sent coupon by US Mail.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Mailed my coupon in on Feb. 9th, received my ammo yesterday.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Liked 126 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortch500 View Post
Wow...
Still haven't gotten mine and I mailed in when the offer started!
Any suggestions? Would nagging the gun shop where I purchased work?
Any one out there still waiting?
The LGS has nothing to do with it, do not bug them.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Liked 52 Times in 21 Posts

I uploaded my receipt and application this afternoon. Curious if anyone else who uploaded via computer received any sort of email confirmation. It did tell me it was submitted after I hit send but didn't know if any sort of affirmation arrived via email.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mailed out my application on 3/4/14 and received my nice little box yesterday 4/3/14. Well done, and thanks S&W!

Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Liked 78 Times in 45 Posts

No, but I got this from them:
04/02/2014

RE: Tin Cans Promotion

Dear Smith & Wesson Customer,

As part of a coupon promotion associated with your purchase of an
M&P 15-22 rifle, we recently shipped you a free box of .22
caliber ammunition. We have identified a technical error
associated with some of these shipments, where the wrong customer
name may have printed on the shipping label. However, the
addresses are correct. If you have received such a shipment,
please accept it as fulfillment of the promotion. We have
recorded tracking information for every shipment, and you need
not call us back.

If you have any questions or concerns, or if you do not  receive
your shipment within one week, please contact me by phone or at
the email address below. Please do not reply to the email address
that this message was sent from.

Lenny Saloio
Smith & Wesson
Transportation  dept
Old 04-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

I called S&W yesterday to confirm that they got my mailed in rebate for and the story I got was that it takes 6-8 weeks for your name to get into the system...that was weather you mail in your rebate or register on line. I guess this is their way of under promising and over delivering . I'll probably get mine any day now...knock on wood.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Liked 78 Times in 45 Posts

Mine arrived this morning! It's got someone else's name, and MY address on the package, but the cover letter (Email) they had previously sent explained this.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Liked 186 Times in 46 Posts
Smile

I mailed my coupon on Mar 3 and received my ammo last Friday Apr 4. Wrong name on the package just like the e-mail stated it would be.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a question about the free ammo promo. New member here (first post), and new shooter. Just got into guns last year. Anyhoo, I bought an M&P 15-22 last week. Actually I put it on layaway with the intent to pay it off in 60 days. But the free ammo makes me think I should pay it off before the promo ends. My question is, what's the value of 300 rounds of ammo, give or take? If I don't take advantage of the promo, am I throwing away $25? $50? $100? Being new to all this, I just don't know. Thanks.

Mike
Old 04-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Liked 655 Times in 370 Posts

So it would seem that us poor UK shooters who purchase the rifle after lots of paperwork and super inflated prices, yet again miss out on something.

No freebies this side of the pond that I have heard of. :-(.

Though it is no less than could be expected I guess with our super tough rules and regs for rifle ownership.

Rob
Old 04-15-2014, 03:02 PM
US Veteran
Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groverdill View Post
I have a question about the free ammo promo. New member here (first post), and new shooter. Just got into guns last year. Anyhoo, I bought an M&P 15-22 last week. Actually I put it on layaway with the intent to pay it off in 60 days. But the free ammo makes me think I should pay it off before the promo ends. My question is, what's the value of 300 rounds of ammo, give or take? If I don't take advantage of the promo, am I throwing away $25? $50? $100? Being new to all this, I just don't know. Thanks.

Mike
Value of the promotion depends on if you are able to find .22lr ammo in your area or not. I have not seen this ammo consistently available online with the retailers I buy from. I also have not seen it available in most stores. I have seen it available at one store, and the price was $99.98 for 300 rounds. The normal retail price shouldn't be over $.07 per round or so. $.10 would be considered expensive for this ammo to me.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Liked 153 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groverdill View Post

Mike
$30 min value, but that is if you can find it, ammo is getting more available but it is still hard to find, that same $30 "retail" in ammo easily sells for $50+ online.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Glad I found this thread. I had no idea about the promotion. But that makes the purchase even sweeter.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Liked 151 Times in 86 Posts

I am picking my 15-22 up tomarrow. Living in the restricted state of CT. I have to mail in the form and it will be sent to my FFL to pickup. Thats if they still have any left to send.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Liked 92 Times in 43 Posts

New member, my first post, bought my 15/22 first of Feb, mailed in for the ammo and received it 4/2/14 and received the letter on 4/3/14, but my info was all correct. Free ammo is always good. I bought the APG camo cause I had a Nikon 3x9 APG on the shelf. Used a M-223 mount, installed a Plinkster ambi charging handle. Really like the gun, just haven't got to shoot it as much as I'd like yet. Good luck to you all with yours.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Mailed mine nearly 2 months ago. I'm going to call them just to make sure they received mine. Didn't do it digitally because I heard of issues. March 9th is when I mailed mine.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Liked 810 Times in 171 Posts

I filled out my form online last week and did not get so much as an email confirmation that they had received my order. Were they not giving confirmation emails?

Rob
Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Teddydog, they do not to my knowledge send confirmation emails. I called them and they did get mine. It takes a month of Sundays from what I understand.

Gerry
Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Liked 82 Times in 51 Posts

Furthermore if you try to use the rebate status link it shows no record. You're probably better off trying CS for any updates.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation No Confirmation Yet!

Bought my 15-22 six weeks ago. Entered the rebate program using the online service. Called the rebate company yesterday and was told that because I used the on-line entry they could not see it. Said I needed to go to S&W for confirmation. S&W said that they could not confirm, but that it takes 8-10 weeks for them to even be able to see and confirm the entry sometimes. I figure if it comes....it comes. Not going to hold my breath. My 22lrs are not so hard to get anymore, but I would sure appreciate the free stuff. Love the rifle.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:34 AM
Liked 206 Times in 70 Posts

They say it is on the way. Three months here. Feb, 22.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:09 AM
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Got mine in about 6 weeks

CCI AR Tactical.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Been about six weeks for me now...nothing.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Pro View Post
Been about six weeks for me now...nothing.
8 Weeks for me, mailed mine in. Going to give them a call and see what they say.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

I think im coming up on 6 weeks of waiting.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Called them today.

I shipped mine around the 9th of March. They received it on the 21st.

They told me 8-10 week arrival.

Who knows how this process works, lol.

Just so long as I get 300 rounds of ammo for my purchase I'll be happy
Old 05-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

To the folks who have already received their ammo.......did the delivery service just drop it off, or did it require a signature?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

damn this thread just pissed me off......I purchased mine in the time frame but didn't see the form till just now, since I bought my 15-22 due to never finding 22lr I have only gotten 100 rounds threw her and am now sitting with no ammo and a useless firearm......is it too late? did I miss out yet again?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtogun View Post
damn this thread just pissed me off......I purchased mine in the time frame but didn't see the form till just now, since I bought my 15-22 due to never finding 22lr I have only gotten 100 rounds threw her and am now sitting with no ammo and a useless firearm......is it too late? did I miss out yet again?
You have until May 12 I think.......
Old 05-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtogun View Post

https://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstor...n_Consumer.pdf
Old 05-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sweet I dought they'll have any left but im gonna send mine in anyway
Old 05-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Been nine weeks now...nothing. anyone have any suggestions on how to kick mine loose from S&W?
Old 05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts

Mailed in mine on 04/22/14...as I bought another 15-22..

forgot all about it until I re-read this thread.

So I'm coming up on week 5/6 I know its hard but just mark it on the calendar when 9 weeks is up I'll call them,

Try and forget about it until then...worked for my NFA form 1 and that took 11 1/2 months....