Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 03-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group? Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group? Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group? Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group? Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group?  
Liked 390 Times in 196 Posts
Default Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group?

I just ordered a "Straight" CMC Trigger Group for my 15/22 and was wondering if anyone has any advice on installation.

Actually, I ordered 2 (One for my 'T') as I want the two rifles to resemble one another as close as possible especially the trigger pull.

I'm gonna change out the 15/22 first, then move on to the T.

So, any advice on what to do and what not to do??
Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group? Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group? Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group? Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group? Anyone Install A CMC Trigger Group?  
Liked 44 Times in 30 Posts

I have. I actually installed it in my 15-22 then moved it to my MP15 MOE. I have the KNS Anti Roll Pins too. The pins that came with my trigger were not wide enough to fit the receiver of the 15-22. If installing on the T, the pins that came with the CMC will be fine. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Liked 923 Times in 309 Posts

i will let you know when mine arrives from America

mine will also be the straight trigger but in FDE

keith
Old 03-14-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgamboa View Post
I have. I actually installed it in my 15-22 then moved it to my MP15 MOE. I have the KNS Anti Roll Pins too. The pins that came with my trigger were not wide enough to fit the receiver of the 15-22. If installing on the T, the pins that came with the CMC will be fine. Good luck!

Hey there, Amigo

So you say the included pins w/the CMC kit aren't gonna fit the wider receiver of the 15/22? Too short??

I'm gonna have to spring for some longer pins for the install into the 15/22?

If so, would you mind posting a link to how you solved the problem w/your's??

Thanks,
SSL
Old 03-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

I purchase my cmc straight trigger (3 1/2 lb) from wheaton arms he provided the longer pins with the trigger. He actually has a video on his website how to install the trigger. Really like mine!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:26 PM

KNS sells "Anti Roll/Walking Pins" specific for the 15-22. I don't remember where I bought them from but a quick google search will yield you several vendors. Just make sure it is specific to the 15-22.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:28 PM

http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/m-p15...mod-2-fde.html

Old 03-14-2014, 03:29 PM

I went with FDE.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the link!!!

One more question if you don't mind answering.

You said you switched your TG over to your MOE.................did you use the pins included with the CMC or install some KNS anti-rotation/walk pins instead of using the included pins??

I'd like to know if I should just order two sets while I'm on the site.

Thanks again,
SSL
Old 03-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I installed a CMC trigger in my 1522
Love it, it makes my slide fire run like a sewing machine
I used Threaded Trigger Pins I purchased from slide fires web
They were about $20 shipped
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 03-14-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeStack Lightning View Post
Thanks for the link!!!

One more question if you don't mind answering.

You said you switched your TG over to your MOE.................did you use the pins included with the CMC or install some KNS anti-rotation/walk pins instead of using the included pins??

I'd like to know if I should just order two sets while I'm on the site.

Thanks again,
SSL

I bought both sets. My plan is to buy another CMC for the 15-22 so I just bought both sets.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Liked 237 Times in 169 Posts

i have CMC straights in all of my AR's, it is the first thing i change to include the 15-22. i used the pins mentioned above. I really love the CMC!!
and i have enough AR's that i should have bought stock in Chip! For the price they cannot be beat, shop around the net for sales and you can save substantially over the normal asking price.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor127 View Post
i will let you know when mine arrives from America

mine will also be the straight trigger but in FDE

keith
Do you mind me asking where you bought it from and what it cost with the delivery? got to dry fire a 15-22 at the shooting show with one and the difference is astounding.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco77w View Post
Do you mind me asking where you bought it from and what it cost with the delivery? got to dry fire a 15-22 at the shooting show with one and the difference is astounding.
i have ordered it from East Midlands shooting grounds

at a resonable price

keith
Old 07-08-2014, 06:22 AM
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
i have ordered it from East Midlands shooting grounds

at a resonable price

keith
Hey Keith...was googling CMC triggers and this link came up, your comment is famous on the google . So do you have the 3 1/2lb trigger, straight? Well how does it compare to the factory trigger? Any installation problems or firing issues? I was just looking on the US side £101.98 obviously they wont ship so then to the only supplier in the uk (Midway) £241...haha.

Last edited by GhostMutt; 07-08-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 AM

the CMC trigger is still on its way

as are the KNS anti walk pins as is my new stock,vertical

grip,angled grip ermmm sling,sling mounts and im sure i have

missed a couple bits

it was Redneck Jim that put me onto the trigger in the first

place as it has a hard hammer strike that is needed for

our .22 rimfire cases

keith
Old 07-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

I installed the flat 3.5lb trigger in my ar and really like it. I replaced a DPMS two stage trigger and find the cmc to be better for me.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Liked 237 Times in 169 Posts

in all of my AR's i have the 3.5 straight CMC trigger. have not replaced the 15-22 as i found no need really. Now my million dollar 10-22 is another story altogether!! VQ gets pricey after awhile!!!

the cost and quality and ease of installation is really what set the CMC in for me. Price actually keeps going down on them, last one i bought i think last year was just over a bill with a coupon code from Optics Planet IIRC.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
the CMC trigger is still on its way

as are the KNS anti walk pins as is my new stock,vertical

grip,angled grip ermmm sling,sling mounts and im sure i have

missed a couple bits

it was Redneck Jim that put me onto the trigger in the first

place as it has a hard hammer strike that is needed for

our .22 rimfire cases

keith
Yeehah, you'll be in hog heaven when that parcel finally arrives, have you thought about a barrel shroud? I really fancy one of the crown barrel shrouds from kineti-tech. stupid ITAR kng1__59475_1341351206_500_500.jpg
Cosmetic make up sure...but *wolf whistle*
Old 07-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Hello all,
I have a CMC trigger on the way. I called CMC first and they are know the pins will not fit. Jack over at CMC told me that they have the right size pins and a exchange program. Free is always better!
Old 07-08-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMutt View Post
Yeehah, you'll be in hog heaven when that parcel finally arrives, have you thought about a barrel shroud? I really fancy one of the crown barrel shrouds from kineti-tech. stupid ITAR Attachment 159192
Cosmetic make up sure...but *wolf whistle*
i have this on the end of mine for now,but may cut 4inch off the

barrel and re-thread the end.

keith

Last edited by trebor127; 07-08-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:30 AM
Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Can you not use the oem pins in the CMC trigger group?
Old 07-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I believe the OEM pins are held in place by the trigger springs...The drop in trigger does not have those same springs.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Liked 1,731 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLKSL View Post
I believe the OEM pins are held in place by the trigger springs...The drop in trigger does not have those same springs.
Correct. CMC triggers come with their own pins, held in place by C clips. I am not a fan of such clips, so I use JP anti-walk pins on my AR & 15-22. Many like the KNS pins & they have a set specifically for the 15-22. I just note that CMC has their own anti-walk pins for the 15-22. I have never seen those before.
CMC Anti-Walk Pin Kit-For Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 22LR

One concern with trigger pins is that the 15-22 lower receiver is wider than that of an AR. Thus, some pins will not work. I know from experience the JP pins work & know the other 2 pins mentioned are made specially for the 15-22.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Liked 2,712 Times in 909 Posts

I bought a CMC trigger from Brownells the first week of June for my Bush Master. It came with the anti walk pins with the hex head screws that screws into the end of the pins, not the c clips.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Liked 1,731 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just another 22 shooter View Post
I bought a CMC trigger from Brownells the first week of June for my Bush Master. It came with the anti walk pins with the hex head screws that screws into the end of the pins, not the c clips.
That is good to hear. I assume those pins would be too short for the 15-22, however DSLKSL states they do have an exchange program.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I was on CMC's website a few days ago, and they say now all triggers are sent out with anti walk pins. And I did also see that on a venders site. But if you get old stock you might get the c clip pins. I don't know if their anti walk pins are long enough for the 15-22.

Bill

Last edited by Friggs; 07-10-2014 at 11:51 AM.