Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 06-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Need help with spare parts Need help with spare parts Need help with spare parts Need help with spare parts Need help with spare parts  
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Need help with spare parts

Hi!

I live in Finland and I own S&W M&P15-22. I have shot a bit over 10k rounds with it and it's still running fine.

The problem is that currently nobody is importing the gun to Finland and there are no spare parts available here. I have contacted S&W support and they refuse to ship any spare parts to Europe.

I was wondering if some reputable US member of this board could buy some spare parts (firing pin, extractor, all springs of bolt) etc. from S&W and ship them to me in a letter? I could pay via PayPal.

This way I wouldn't be left with non-working gun and no spare parts when something inevitably wears out and breaks down.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Need help with spare parts Need help with spare parts Need help with spare parts Need help with spare parts Need help with spare parts  
Liked 1,283 Times in 378 Posts

Where are you getting all that .22LR ammo from?
Old 06-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Liked 28,116 Times in 8,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
No kidding. I'd trade parts for ammo.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aop View Post
Hi!

I live in Finland and I own S&W M&P15-22. I have shot a bit over 10k rounds with it and it's still running fine.

The problem is that currently nobody is importing the gun to Finland and there are no spare parts available here. I have contacted S&W support and they refuse to ship any spare parts to Europe.

I was wondering if some reputable US member of this board could buy some spare parts (firing pin, extractor, all springs of bolt) etc. from S&W and ship them to me in a letter? I could pay via PayPal.

This way I wouldn't be left with non-working gun and no spare parts when something inevitably wears out and breaks down.
I didn't think S&W sold spare parts to anyone threw the mail?
Anywhere...thought you had to send your 15-22 back to S&W for warrantee work if anything wears out??

Last edited by grg3d; 06-30-2014 at 10:25 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 06-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I thought that was for warranty and that you could just order spares outside of warranty but I'm not sure.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
I bought it a bit before ammo scares in US started (5k+5k+10k CCI made TopShot). I never used to buy individual 500 round boxes because you always get discount when you buy more and the ammo prices have been historically going up here in Finland.

.22lr currently costs around 30*/500 at cheapest so it's pretty expensive but still available.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Liked 923 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
I bought it a bit before ammo scares in US started (5k+5k+10k CCI made TopShot). I never used to buy individual 500 round boxes because you always get discount when you buy more and the ammo prices have been historically going up here in Finland.

.22lr currently costs around 30*/500 at cheapest so it's pretty expensive but still available.
the Americans are short of .22's cos of you Fin's and us Brits

as we have it all

keith
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
Old 06-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Liked 3,535 Times in 1,770 Posts

I'd bet S&W doesn't sell spare parts to Europe because of export restrictions.

Although I am empathetic with the OP, any member that takes him up on this offer should research the law first.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganScott View Post
I'd bet S&W doesn't sell spare parts to Europe because of export restrictions.
I don't buy this. The reason being that I have ordered firearm parts (Tapco G2 trigger group for AK etc) from American companies like Brownells and there's been no problem with them and I'm pretty sure they follow export regulations.

As long as the sum is lower than $100 it should be fine:
$500/$100 Export Exemption Details | Borderview | Firearm Export Services to Canada and more!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:58 AM
Liked 3,535 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote:
I don't buy this. The reason being that I have ordered firearm parts (Tapco G2 trigger group for AK etc) from American companies like Brownells and there's been no problem with them and I'm pretty sure they follow export regulations.

As long as the sum is lower than $100 it should be fine:
$500/$100 Export Exemption Details | Borderview | Firearm Export Services to Canada and more!
The link you provided is a dot com, not a dot gov and is to a service for expediting exports. It is not even a listing of the regulations.

Thank you for your posting. It does bring up an interesting point about registered exporters. I do know that there are certain parts that Brownell's will not export.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Liked 244 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganScott View Post
The link you provided is a dot com, not a dot gov and is to a service for expediting exports. It is not even a listing of the regulations.

Thank you for your posting. It does bring up an interesting point about registered exporters. I do know that there are certain parts that Brownell's will not export.
Here's a .gov source:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2002-title22-vol1/pdf/CFR-2002-title22-vol1-sec123-17.pdf

Last edited by telero; 07-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Liked 362 Times in 268 Posts

Quote:
Hi!

S&W is not selling parts as of right now as far as I know. they may supply some to licensed gunsmiths but even that is only speculation.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Hi people, I'm experiencing the same trouble! I'm looking around for firing pin and rivet for a Victory and MagnaGrip. I found them at Numrich but they don't sell in Italy!!!! Only a commercial problem, not with law restriction.