Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 10-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring  
Liked 655 Times in 370 Posts
Default Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring

HI All,

Out of Interest, I am trying to locate a spare/replacement spring for the charging handle latch, so I am throwing out a shout to the very well connected and knowledgeable members of the forum,

Reason being is,

I have a Plinker handle complete, and a TactiCool replacement with an NDZ latch, but had to use the OEM spring to make that combo, so I am now looking to find another or a replacement spring to put the Supplied Charging Handle back together (to avoid losing the latch and pin).

Any ideas as to where 1 can be found or what is a suitable replacement that may work.

I was thinking of trying one out of a pen but while it fits the hole it just isn't strong enough.

Don't seem to be having any success this side of the pond so was wondering if anyone over the water might have any ideas.

cant believe I have so much luck with all the add ons that I have found, that I could be thwarted by such a small spring

Is this item really an ITAR restricted item???

Any help, info or leads to potential suppliers would be very much appreciated and a huge help.

Thanks in advance for any useful info that is forthcoming.

Rob1
Old 10-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring  
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

Get a £10 note, go to your nearest £-land or 99p store and buy ten things with springs inside. Kind of like a lucky bag from back in the day....if there are no springs that fit then at least you have ten reactive targets No need to thank me because this info wasn't useful :P
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 10-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring  
Liked 449 Times in 285 Posts

Its nothing more then an AR15 latch spring.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod41430.aspx

Or are these like hen's teeth in your neck of the woods.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt50 View Post

Thanks for the link. The three pack at a couple of bucks is ideal. However to ship to UK and then import and handling tax would run to like 20 USD.
Definitely worth me saving the link as a just in case. So thank you very much for taking the time to post it.

Rob.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:47 PM

This might work?
Pricey but what isn't for our beloved 15-22s?

DPMS Charging Handle Latch Spring AR-15, LR-308 - UR-17 - Midway UK
Old 11-01-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:

HI CJT

These are indeed the Hens Teeth, amongst just about everything else for the 15-22 "Hens Teeth"

However, that being said I have ordered a 3 bag, so as to ensure I have spares, and compared to MidwayUK at the ridiculous price they were advertised at

I guess pretty fair in price even including the International shipping costs.

At least I shouldn't incur a huge handling fee as these fall well below the $18 limit imposed on us before being stung by import tax and handling fees.

For the UK Owners I guess I now have a spare if needed

Rob
Old 11-05-2014, 04:10 PM

Had my order confirmed by Brownells for a three pack of springs. Buck 99 and according to my account no charge for posting. Go figure.

Gotta love that.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:

Pack of 3 Hens teeth received in good order today.

Thanks CJT for the link.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring Replacement Charging Handle Latch Spring  
Liked 449 Times in 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1 View Post
Pack of 3 Hens teeth received in good order today.

Thanks CJT for the link.
My pleasure sir!
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 11-18-2014, 08:49 AM
Liked 92 Times in 57 Posts

I've used a spring from a clicky pen once to hold me over till I got a replacement.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Liked 923 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMutt View Post
This might work?
Pricey but what isn't for our beloved 15-22s?

DPMS Charging Handle Latch Spring AR-15, LR-308 - UR-17 - Midway UK
GM check out their shipping cost

keith
Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor127 View Post
GM check out their shipping cost

keith
£8.85.....for real haha.

Wanna get a Hogue grip...you guys know of any UK suppliers?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:57 AM

On it. Think I can sort something for you GM.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1 View Post
On it. Think I can sort something for you GM.
Solid copy.....Go Go Go......black one, with storage compartment...but that's not a deal breaker. SYSS/rimfire magic have a non compartment Hogue for £25 not sure on delivery ( a guy came into the range on Monday and had just had a custom AR style ruger built by R/M, I felt that Hogue grip and fell in luuuurrrrrvvv)...Midway have a storage compartment one for £30 + their small(rather large) delivery fee...so £38.
I have one more place to try. So let me know if you can get one and what the total will be.
Cheers Mark
Ben