Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 03-23-2015, 08:57 PM
SWCA Member
SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums! SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums! SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums! SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums! SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums!  
Liked 1,926 Times in 331 Posts
Default SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums!

I got the slide fire kit installed and used my black dog drum magazines for the first time. Very impressed with the setup and especially with the quality of black dog's drums. Well worth the money if you can get them half off still.

Only problem with the slide fire kit was the trigger pins were too short! As others have mentioned, the CMC pins were too short and appear oversized in diameter. Using a punch, the pins drive through to the other side and are flush with the receiver, but there is no way the c-clamps will fit. After shooting a few hundred rounds the pins started to back out, so I guess I will need to buy longer pins or the KNS pins.

I decided to install the recoil enhancer myself, and after taking the upper off, securing the barrel in a thick piece of leather in a vice, applying some Kroil, the flash hider came off with one good torque of a crescent wrench. I chose to not reinstall the crush washer with the recoil enhancer because the recoil enhancer was threaded to screw all the way on. So all in all, a happy customer and it was a good experience to install everything myself. Good shooting!
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 03-23-2015, 11:28 PM
SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums! SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums! SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums! SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums! SlideFire kit installed and Black Dog Drums!  
Liked 130 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymathPioneer View Post
to each his own.
What is that supposed to mean? You might as well say what you mean it would be equaly as rude.... Your comment has no bearing on this post and is completely unecessary and irrelevant. Congrats.....

To O.P. glad you like your setup, I have a similar setup and love it. Just tough to shoot it alot. I got 3000 rounds now and I am aways looking for more. The black dog drum and slide fire kit can eat up some ammo in a heart beat.

I managed to also get three Plinker Mags at 7.00ea while they were on sale. With al 5 of my plinker mags loaded and my drum and my stock mag I can blast through 250 rounds in less then 5 minutes.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Why so defensive? Just means what it says, I like to shoot big bore belted magnum rifles although I will never hunt anything with them, everyone should have the freedom to shoot what they want and how they want as long as it is done responsibly.

Firearm diversity is good for everyone but the anti-gun condition white sky is falling crowd.
Your response here is one of thought and intelect your original was well.... To be polite after the fact it left alot to be desired and it was easy to write off as "oh hes an elitest obviusly far superior to our meager means" Im trying to say expanation is key. Its okay to think what you want but to come in and dash someones post was not only rude but completly unnecessary.

I felt like a little explanation could have gone a long way. As it has.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
No worries, we are all in the fight together.
Well said paint me apologetic.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier45 View Post
Only problem with the slide fire kit was the trigger pins were too short!
Hmmmmm, I think you got yours soon after I got mine. Did your trigger package look like this

Old 03-24-2015, 07:37 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 3,912 Times in 1,196 Posts

I'm just going to say that this post CRIES out for a video!
Old 03-25-2015, 11:42 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 1,926 Times in 331 Posts

No offense taken from the earlier post. A "full-auto" .22lr is by no means as exciting as a centerfire, but hard to beat for the cost and ease of use/installation! So more power to you if you have the opportunity for machine guns, etc... I may get to experience that soon as a close friend has a full auto Uzi I'm hoping to try soon. Not too mention, Indiana may be the most gun friendly state behind Texas, and I know several gentlemen that have class III autos... But I'm only 25 and can't afford one yet.

To address the other post, my trigger package did not look like that one. So I have the short pins...and assume your kit had the correct kind?

I need to edit a few items, but I have some videos I should try to post. The .15-22 still doesn't hold a torch to my Winchesters...1895 in .405 or 1886 45-70... Or .45 Colt revolvers
Old 03-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier45 View Post

To address the other post, my trigger package did not look like that one. So I have the short pins...and assume your kit had the correct kind?

I need to edit a few items, but I have some videos I should try to post. The .15-22 still doesn't hold a torch to my Winchesters...1895 in .405 or 1886 45-70... Or .45 Colt revolvers
Give Grab a Gun a call and see if they can help you out.