Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 06-05-2015, 07:45 PM
AFG - is magpul the only worthy one? AFG - is magpul the only worthy one? AFG - is magpul the only worthy one? AFG - is magpul the only worthy one? AFG - is magpul the only worthy one?  
Liked 66 Times in 40 Posts
Default AFG - is magpul the only worthy one?

ok so i decided to go with an AFG. i know, i know, Magpul. But i like to consider ALL options before i buy. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the mako or green blob style
(rounded maybe more ergonomic?) and what their thoughts were. I have a medium size hand or on the smaller side of Med. if that makes any difference. Feel free to put in you $.02 on others good or bad

Last edited by capx28; 06-05-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:09 PM
AFG - is magpul the only worthy one? AFG - is magpul the only worthy one? AFG - is magpul the only worthy one? AFG - is magpul the only worthy one? AFG - is magpul the only worthy one?  
Liked 1,342 Times in 559 Posts

Type in angled foregrip in google and look at images..you'll find an array of different ones.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

MagPul is the only one I'd spend the money on. Just buy the best in the first place.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 06-06-2015, 06:15 AM
Liked 439 Times in 233 Posts

Magpul is the standard for most people when buying accessories, but I think Mako makes a good AFG as well. Very comfortable.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 AM
Liked 655 Times in 370 Posts

Buy once.
Buy the best you can afford or find.
Cry once.
Works well for med sized hands.

That's my .2

Rob.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Liked 658 Times in 365 Posts

The Strike Industries Cobra is a nice one as well.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

I use the Magpul AFG combined with a Go gun Gas-pedal and for me they are perfect partners...together they make trying to emulate the 'long' grip that Jerry uses much more repeatable. Every time i shoulder the rifle my supporting hand knows exactly where to go.

I only shoot offhand so this combination works very well for controlling the business end of the rifle, in rapid fire comps.

The AFG works so why look elsewhere? Unless you want a vertical grip.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:03 AM
Liked 923 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMutt View Post
I use the Magpul AFG combined with a Go gun Gas-pedal and for me they are perfect partners...together they make trying to emulate the 'long' grip that Jerry uses much more repeatable. Every time i shoulder the rifle my supporting hand knows exactly where to go.

I only shoot offhand so this combination works very well for controlling the business end of the rifle, in rapid fire comps.

The AFG works so why look elsewhere? Unless you want a vertical grip.
as GM says why look elsewhere .......2 types of the magpul

the original and the mk2 this being slightly narrower than

the original one...or why not have the AFG and the vertical grip

works well for me

keith
Old 06-07-2015, 04:14 AM
Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

IMHO...the PTK coupled with the VTS is really nice.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

My M&P is a fun gun. I won't be storming any beaches or tactically defending my house with it. Spending $40 on a plastic grip seemed ridiculous. I bought a $7 knock off on eBay and it's working just fine. It isn't a finely crafted mechanical watch, it's a plastic grip.
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 06-08-2015, 02:08 AM
Liked 66 Times in 40 Posts

Thanks to all who replied!! I ended up going with the PTK VTS combo. It seemed like more of what i was looking for. I bought the cheap one to see if i like it. If i do i will buy the real deal for my real deal AR (next project). Picking up the rifle on Tuesday. Will post pics of the new family member shortly after. Thanks again all!!

Last edited by capx28; 06-08-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:54 PM
US Veteran
Liked 886 Times in 431 Posts

I can't stand them. But we did make an ergonomic one that you can put any AR grip on.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Liked 145 Times in 88 Posts

I like the Mako PTS. I have them on both my 15-22 rifle and pistol. The angle isn't as steep as the Magpul AFG. I also like the looks of it.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: