Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 03-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Buttstock Options Buttstock Options Buttstock Options Buttstock Options Buttstock Options  
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts
Default Buttstock Options

Of course, like everything else in the saturated market of parts, there are loads of buttstock options. I currently have a Magpul MOE stock which thanks to a bit of velcro is rattle free and snug fitting.

I am thinking of a change and so far am drawn to the Hogue overmolded stock. Do any of you run this and what are your opinions on it, if you have a direct comparison to the MOE then all the better.

If not then what do you have, why do you like it and what are its pros and cons.

I have my cheek weld set and have no need for a cheek piece or risers, just looking for a swap to change the look and feel.
I really like my Hogue grip and think the feel of the overmolded will be just as nice....

Plus it is marketed as 'Beard Friendly' what ever the dickens that means...but i have said beard and maybe, just maybe my MOE isn't friendly toward it???

Pics would be nice for those of you who run anything other than the Hogue. Pics of the Hogue would be welcome too.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Buttstock Options Buttstock Options Buttstock Options Buttstock Options Buttstock Options  
Liked 655 Times in 370 Posts

I will send you some pics of the Hogue Ben,

I run and MOE on my on my Smith, a CTR on my AR and a Hogue on my 9mm Carbine, the Hogue is nice and tight on the tube with no free play, the CTR works as advertised once the friction lock is applied and we all know how the MOE fairs..

Beard friendly, I cant comment there as I am generally whisker free but the non slip of the Hogue is fairly comfortable..

Rob
Old 03-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Liked 71 Times in 45 Posts

My Favorite

MAKO M4/AR-15 STOCK W/BATTERY STORAGE AND RUBBER BUTTPAD •Buttstock for your AR15/M16 •Uniquely designed rubber butt pad for fast & stable shoulder positioning •Unique integral pressure system applies constant pressure on buffer tube by closing gaps around buffer tube eliminating rattling & noise •(3) Integrated slots for sling attachment - (1) in the front & (2) at the rear •(2) Ambidextrous metal quick release rear sling mount points •Waterproof anti-rattle storage compartment for (2) CR123 or AA batteries •Fits both Mill Standard & after market tube, w/non rattling fit •Maintains contour & size of original design •Made from fiberglass reinforced polymer composite •Available in the GPCP version w/adjustable cheek rest & dual picatinny rails, or in standard GCP Version w/adjustable cheek rest •Weight: 276 gr. •Width: 48mm •Height: 130mm •Length: 180mm
The Mako Group | The Online Superstore For Weapon Accessories
Attached Images
File Type: jpg null.jpg (57.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg S&W 15-22.jpg (150.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 03-07-2017, 04:20 PM

Looks like a cut and paste from a website add....

Maybe in the Classifieds / sales section at the top of the home page??
Old 03-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Liked 95 Times in 59 Posts

I have a FAB Defense (Mako in the US) GL-Shock on my gun;

Its cheap but well made, easy to find, has built in QD and strap sling mounts, a storage compartment if you need it, fits tight (very tight!) without any tape/velcro, comes in a variety of colours, you can add a check piece to it if you want which is infinitely adjustable and not noticeable in its flat postion.

The only downside i can think of is the 'shock absorber' feature can be strange to get on with at first. If you don't hard press your rifle into your shoulder you won't even notice it though.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Liked 130 Times in 93 Posts

So with my slide fire butt, stock isnt an option.

However I should have seen this sooner because I definitly need beard friendly items. I mean just check out my lighter.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

Rob1 - just trying to really work out if there are any size differences between the MOE and Hogue and build quality/finish.

BS & BY - I won't be buying any FAB/Mako products.

rbpwrd240 - lol, never heard of a zippo?

Last edited by GhostMutt; 03-08-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:56 PM

Hi Ben,

No real difference in size from MOE to Hogue.
Both are quality products, Hogue is good, very snug fit on the tube no rattle or slop.

Maybe, if I can sort a session and get my carcass over to your club, you could try them and feel the difference for yourself. Does your club do walk on or is it a pre arranged visitor programme for shooters to visit the venue?

Bassyaks

Thanks for the PM.

My point?? Clearly missed by you. No worries.

I will put it here, so you can follow,

If you wish to add or are sharing some personal input based on experience of a product, then please put what the personal experience is and how you liked it.

If you are simply going to paste product information and product sales links, then put in the classifieds.

That way we can all make informed choices based on feedback from non biased users personal opinion.

I'm sure we can all find a Mako product ( or whichever brand is being asked about ) and read the company blurb, but that doesn't give the same non biased information.

That was the point I was trying to make, nothing more, nothing less.

Hope that helps clarify the point

Rob