Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > >


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2017, 04:36 PM
jjgi5150 jjgi5150 is online now
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Default Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today

Hi all,

I picked up my new 2.0C today. I have to echo pretty much all that I've been reading about this weapon. I am very impressed with the feel of the weapon in contrast to my Glocks and Sigs. I decided to buy it as soon as I held it, because it is frankly, the best fitting handgun I own next to my Sig TacOps .40 duty weapon (with the Hogue Grips installed).

It was initially fitted with the medium backstrap, and after trying the small, that size fit even more perfectly for me. It's almost as if they designed the grips around my hand. I cannot wait to go shoot it and get a feel for it in that arena. I'm very used to the Glock triggers, and this is very similar, with a slightly better reset feel than the Glocks. It's about the most naturally pointing handgun I've ever owned.

I was torn between the 9mm and the 40, because I love both calibers, but overall, the 9mm is more practical for me since the practice ammo is so much cheaper and readily available. I doubt that the duty load I'm authorized to carry will be deficient in any way as a fight stopper. I most certainly don't want to get hit with it.

I'm very pleased to see S&W build something that has this level of ergonomics, and it seems to be a relatively bulletproof design. As a small bonus, it fits like a glove in my favorite Glock leather OWB holster, to a point that I probably won't need to buy a new one.

All we need now is a supply of extra 15 round magazines, which seem to be non-existent at the moment. I usually only carry one extra mag in the off-duty mode, so I'll be good for a while. I'm going to shoot it for accuracy and combat application as soon as I can, but everything I've read so far seems to put it in a dead heat with the Glock 19.

So far, without even being shot yet, I am very impressed. Just my opinions on a very nice new weapon.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #2  
Old 10-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Ranger17's Avatar
Ranger17 Ranger17 is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in WI
Posts: 1,173
Likes: 221
Liked 813 Times in 400 Posts
Default

It appears that the full size mags (1.0 or 2.0) will fit the new compact just needing an Xgrip adapter to fill in the gap.

I didn't care much for my compact 1.0; was 100% reliable just not the right "fit" vs my full size and Shield. But with this new compact style, i may have to do a little research and consider adding one to the collection. Or put it on my Christmas list for Mrs Claus.

Let us know how it shoots once you hit the range!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2017, 05:52 PM
clarkstoncz clarkstoncz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 158
Likes: 0
Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Glad you like it.

Only the lack of $$ keeps me from bring home the full-size 2.0 9mm.

That and a M&P 22 pistol, along with a Walther CREED, for my wife.

I hiope to get a CZ P10-C by the end of the year.

The M&P.22 and 9mms would be for the indoor range and home defense.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Jeppo's Avatar
Jeppo Jeppo is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 249
Likes: 122
Liked 181 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger17 View Post
It appears that the full size mags (1.0 or 2.0) will fit the new compact just needing an Xgrip adapter to fill in the gap.

I didn't care much for my compact 1.0; was 100% reliable just not the right "fit" vs my full size and Shield. But with this new compact style, i may have to do a little research and consider adding one to the collection. Or put it on my Christmas list for Mrs Claus.

Let us know how it shoots once you hit the range!
I was in the same boat. The original FS 9 is my bedside gun and I carry the Shield. I didn't see a use for the original Compact. I got one of the first Compact 2.0's they shipped and was immediately impressed. In fact, I bought a second a few days later.

By the way, you and the OP don't need any adapters. The gun ships with two that cover the exposed length of 17 round magazines.

Last edited by Jeppo; 10-11-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #5  
Old 10-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Joed2323 Joed2323 is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Glad to hear that you like the new 2.0

Just wondering if you were checking out any other guns before you purchased the 2.0? Was your decision to purchase the 2.0 simple or did you have a couple other guns you were liking as well??

I like the 2.0 as well and im having a tough time deciding between this and the Beretta apx and also the cz p10c. I have not had a chance yet to hold the p10c so im not sure if I will like the stippling on the grip or not.

Holding both apx and 2.0 the 2.0 feels good, you can definitely feel the stippling on the grip. Imho it felt like the apx fit my hand like a glove though, it definitely fit my hand nicely.

Im not sure if their is a different size grip between the 40 and 9mm on the 2.0, The 2.0 I held was in the 40 not 9mm like the apx was. The 2.0 grip was slightly thicker then the apx in my hand and the apx has a slightly longer grip then the 2.0...

Man I don't think you could go wrong with anyone of these 3 guns. But im definitely having a tough time deciding which one to go with. I do want to edc... One thing I like about the apx is my local store is offering 3 free mags and a holster, $155 value. You can't beat 3 extra mags. I wonder if the 2.0 has any mail in rebate??

I guess im going to go with whichever gun feels the best in my hand. One thing I didn't care for was the way the apx gets disassembled, the model the local gun store had the clerk was telling me how simple the apx is to brake down, but this one definitely was way stiff and he had trouble braking it down for me, he wasn't sure if this gun was faulty or just super stuff??? Probably the only thing I didn't like about the apx. The 2.0 brakes down nicely though.

Decisions decisions...

Last edited by Joed2323; 10-10-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-2017, 07:44 PM
MackTech MackTech is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paducah Ky
Posts: 182
Likes: 24
Liked 82 Times in 24 Posts
Default

I was shocked when I inboxed my the other day and there was 2 grip extenders for the 17 round mags. I already have 17 round mags for my 2.0 5". I'm loving the 2.0's
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2017, 07:57 PM
Joed2323 Joed2323 is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I realize this is the s&w forum so I don't want to talk about other guns but Im having a tough time deciding on this 2.0 and the other two guns I commented about above.

Has anyone shot any of the other two guns to make an honest answer on what they liked or didn't like? I realize this will most likely come down to personal preference over anything else.

I do not want the 5" model im stuck at about the 4" barrel range, more due to edc.

Sorry guys for being persistent and a pest Im just looking for recent info on these guns.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 PM
zephyr zephyr is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA
Posts: 53
Likes: 0
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Congrats, give us a range report after you shoot it.

About the grip extenders, they are ok for the range but I wouldn't trust them for carrying. They just slip on pretty loosely and slide all around. You can shoot a 17 round mag in the 2.0 compact without the grip adapter.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Grjfer's Avatar
Grjfer Grjfer is offline
US Veteran
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Twin Lakes Area, Arkansas
Posts: 374
Likes: 238
Liked 120 Times in 85 Posts
Default

I consider myself pretty vested in the M&P platform. I own a full size m&p 9mm, a 9c and a shield. I ditched the my glocks for the M&P 9about 5 years ago and never looked back. I did venture out to a sig p320 at the first of the year. That FDE was so good looking, if only it shoot as well as it looked. Guess I'm just to use to my M&P's. As soon as the compact 2.0 was announced I knew I would have to have one (as soon as I can get rid of the Sig).

I have a good friend that picked up the 2.0C a couple of weeks ago. He was heavily vested in the Walther ppq (he owned 3). He has sold all of them because of how well he likes the 2.0C. I have been lucky enough to run several mags through his and I really, really like it. It points perfectly, is very accurate, and just feels natural in my hand.

Sure hope Smith & Wesson doesn't decide to release a 3.0.
__________________
M&P9/9C/Shieldx2/Sportx2/15-22
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:06 PM
642Fan 642Fan is online now
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Liked 48 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Sorry that I haven't read through all of the M&P 2.0 C threads so I could have missed it, but are the sights for the 2.0 interchangeable with the original M&P?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Ray1970's Avatar
Ray1970 Ray1970 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 646
Likes: 493
Liked 891 Times in 310 Posts
Default

I kind of wish I had known that the 2.0C was going to be about the size of a Glock 19 before I bought my full size 2.0. I like “mid size” pistols- Glock 19, Commander sized 1911’s, etc.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #12  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:59 PM
clcdawg's Avatar
clcdawg clcdawg is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 111
Likes: 6
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I picked up my 2.0 compact last week and have only put a box of ammo through it but I love it. My gen 4 19 is collecting dust now.
__________________
M&P 9 because 'Merica.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-11-2017, 10:26 AM
icedaddy56 icedaddy56 is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Hi all,

I picked up my new 2.0C today. I have to echo pretty much all that I've been reading about this weapon. I am very impressed with the feel of the weapon in contrast to my Glocks and Sigs. I decided to buy it as soon as I held it, because it is frankly, the best fitting handgun I own next to my Sig TacOps .40 duty weapon (with the Hogue Grips installed).

It was initially fitted with the medium backstrap, and after trying the small, that size fit even more perfectly for me. It's almost as if they designed the grips around my hand. I cannot wait to go shoot it and get a feel for it in that arena. I'm very used to the Glock triggers, and this is very similar, with a slightly better reset feel than the Glocks. It's about the most naturally pointing handgun I've ever owned.

I was torn between the 9mm and the 40, because I love both calibers, but overall, the 9mm is more practical for me since the practice ammo is so much cheaper and readily available. I doubt that the duty load I'm authorized to carry will be deficient in any way as a fight stopper. I most certainly don't want to get hit with it.

I'm very pleased to see S&W build something that has this level of ergonomics, and it seems to be a relatively bulletproof design. As a small bonus, it fits like a glove in my favorite Glock leather OWB holster, to a point that I probably won't need to buy a new one.

All we need now is a supply of extra 15 round magazines, which seem to be non-existent at the moment. I usually only carry one extra mag in the off-duty mode, so I'll be good for a while. I'm going to shoot it for accuracy and combat application as soon as I can, but everything I've read so far seems to put it in a dead heat with the Glock 19.

So far, without even being shot yet, I am very impressed. Just my opinions on a very nice new weapon.
I have the new 2.0C also. My problem is finding a holster for it, both a paddle and pancake. Which Glock Holster did you find that fits it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Llano Estacado Llano Estacado is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joed2323 View Post
I realize this is the s&w forum so I don't want to talk about other guns but Im having a tough time deciding on this 2.0 and the other two guns I commented about above.

Has anyone shot any of the other two guns to make an honest answer on what they liked or didn't like? I realize this will most likely come down to personal preference over anything else.

I do not want the 5" model im stuck at about the 4" barrel range, more due to edc.

Sorry guys for being persistent and a pest Im just looking for recent info on these guns.
The Beretta APX doesn't fall in the carry gun class if you ask me. its a full size duty/range gun in my opinion.

I'll have my 2.0C in tomorrow. Looking forward to comparing to my G19.4.

I'm sure the CZ is a fine pistol but it doesn't interest me much. SW and Glock are going to have the best aftermarket/holster support so that's what I'm going to go with.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Arik Arik is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Outside Philadelphia Pa
Posts: 15,687
Likes: 6,936
Liked 15,710 Times in 6,753 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joed2323 View Post
I realize this is the s&w forum so I don't want to talk about other guns but Im having a tough time deciding on this 2.0 and the other two guns I commented about above.

Has anyone shot any of the other two guns to make an honest answer on what they liked or didn't like? I realize this will most likely come down to personal preference over anything else.

I do not want the 5" model im stuck at about the 4" barrel range, more due to edc.

Sorry guys for being persistent and a pest Im just looking for recent info on these guns.
People here own many brands.

I can't speak for the APX but I did a review of the P10c here a few months ago.

It's close enough in size and overall shape of the G19 that it fits MOST G19 holsters. It's a very accurate gun and the more I get used to it the more accurate it is.

I don't have much interest in the M&Pc. Maybe if I find one used cheap enough but I already have more than enough G19 sized guns. If there was something revolutionary to it ...but there's not

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Arik Arik is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Outside Philadelphia Pa
Posts: 15,687
Likes: 6,936
Liked 15,710 Times in 6,753 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llano Estacado View Post
The Beretta APX doesn't fall in the carry gun class if you ask me. its a full size duty/range gun in my opinion.

I'll have my 2.0C in tomorrow. Looking forward to comparing to my G19.4.

I'm sure the CZ is a fine pistol but it doesn't interest me much. SW and Glock are going to have the best aftermarket/holster support so that's what I'm going to go with.
CZ P10C fits MOST G19 holsters. I have about 5 different types of holsters for my G19 and the CZ fits them all. Aside from that I'm just waiting on night sights. No different than what I do with my Glocks. Never bothered with other accessories

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-11-2017, 11:49 AM
mrchuck's Avatar
mrchuck mrchuck is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gun Barrel City, TEXAS
Posts: 439
Likes: 1,812
Liked 517 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncz View Post
Glad you like it.

Only the lack of $$ keeps me from bring home the full-size 2.0 9mm.

That and a M&P 22 pistol, along with a Walther CREED, for my wife.

I hiope to get a CZ P10-C by the end of the year.

The M&P.22 and 9mms would be for the indoor range and home defense.
A Creed?? This pistol is HUGE! Like a HiPoint pistol.
I have owned several of these "new" Walthers and highly dis-like them.
They are bulky and too large!!!
Get a Walther PPQ series. The handle and grip is much better for someone with smaller hands!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-13-2017, 12:37 AM
jjgi5150 jjgi5150 is online now
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedaddy56 View Post
I have the new 2.0C also. My problem is finding a holster for it, both a paddle and pancake. Which Glock Holster did you find that fits it.
I am using an Aker 168 OWB which is actually for the G17/22, which I no longer own. However, it fits perfectly for the G23/19, in fact, I think it fits the 19/23 even better! When Aker makes one specifically for this new 2.0 C, I'll buy one for it. I understand Alien is also going to be making one for the 2.0C. I will likely get the shells for the 2.0 C when they are available, as I have their ShapeShift system for the Glocks, and I really like that setup...great intergchangability.

I'll try to post up a photo tomorrow, if time permits. Aker is a pretty high quality leather, IMO, and it certainly has lasted me for very well since 2003, and I carry a weapon every day, everywhere. It even looks pretty new still...

Take care,

JJ
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:44 AM
caribe's Avatar
caribe caribe is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 81
Likes: 7
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I have been shooting my M&P 2.0C the last couple of days. I have put around 400 rounds of different brands of ammo through it. So far it has been great. The only thing I changed were the sights since I use XS big dots on all my carry pistols. I am not sure what holster I will be using yet.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2017, 10:19 AM
Joed2323 Joed2323 is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I contacted cz, and they claim a new batch of p10c is in transit. Said I should check online and nearby gun stores soon. I told them im tired of waiting for a gun that is not no where to be found, they are on gunbroker but for over $500 bucks.

I made the decision that the m&p m2.0 is as good as a p10c so im tired of waiting and more then likely going with the s&w or the apx since these two guns are in stores
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-15-2017, 02:54 PM
avmech avmech is offline
Member
Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 21
Likes: 3
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Picked one up yesterday, 9C. Tomorrow she gets broken in.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw an old Smith & Wesson today (Bought it Today) Mike1647 S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 31 01-01-2016 11:38 AM
M&P9c....New today grif684 Smith & Wesson M&P Pistols 13 05-27-2012 12:32 AM
Got This Today, 629-1 jimmyjoe S&W Revolvers: 1980 to the Present 8 01-09-2011 12:54 AM
I've been looking for 1066 and found one today at today's gun show . . . Denver Dick Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols 6 11-03-2008 09:30 AM
Had an old box given to me today. ID? Memphis S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 5 08-27-2008 06:18 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.


© S-W Forum, LLC 2000-2015
Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)