Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles
GenBiz

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P-15 Rifles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-09-2022, 12:16 AM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow

My Youngest Son wants to pick an AR-15 up before they are possibly banned + just to have an entry level AR
I am taking him to the LGS in the morning to have a look
My Closest Gun store shows as having one M&P15 in stock for $599.99
Is there anything special I should look for?
I see by looking thru the S&W website there are a few different models & am unsure which one this one could be
Serial # is TE03944
I have built several AR-15s in the past but currently don't own one
Also don't have any .223/5.56 in my ammo stash or any magazines
Just to clear this up not that it matters, My Youngest Son is 30 years old & will be the buyer, Not Me... His Money & He works full time & saves his money
The Price looks rights, he was also looking at the Ruger 556, Anderson & DPMS as well at a few others @ local gun shops
I will let you know how it goes after looking around a bit at some of the local gun stores in town, There are many over in Louisville KY but I plan on staying on this side of the river in Southern Indiana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11600_01_lg_1.jpg (14.3 KB, 38 views)
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-09-2022, 12:49 AM
D Brown's Avatar
D Brown D Brown is offline
SWCA Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,014
Likes: 19,994
Liked 6,774 Times in 1,899 Posts
Default

I'm no expert on M&P 15's, but I can tell you that there are two basic models, the Sport I, and the Sport II. They're very easy to identify because the Sport I doesn't have a bolt cover, nor does it have forward assist. The Sport II has both of these features.

I have a Sport II Optics Ready, basically a flat top with no sights from the factory. I really like it!

I wish your son the best of luck in his search.
__________________
Dave Brown
SWCA #3279
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #3  
Old 06-09-2022, 08:30 AM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Brown View Post
I'm no expert on M&P 15's, but I can tell you that there are two basic models, the Sport I, and the Sport II. They're very easy to identify because the Sport I doesn't have a bolt cover, nor does it have forward assist. The Sport II has both of these features.

I have a Sport II Optics Ready, basically a flat top with no sights from the factory. I really like it!

I wish your son the best of luck in his search.
Thank You Very Much Sir!!
That tells me plenty = Difference between Sport I & Sport II
LGS opens at 10:00am & it's 8:30 now
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #4  
Old 06-09-2022, 09:01 AM
TX-Dennis TX-Dennis is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The Rugged Llano Estacado
Posts: 3,058
Likes: 14,751
Liked 4,479 Times in 1,850 Posts
Default

They are unlikely to be selling an original Sport as new. If used it could be the original. Sport 2 is a good quality "entry level" AR. I've had one for maybe 8-9 years now. Very reliable carbine that I've put a few thousand rounds through.
__________________
Or something like that . . .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2022, 04:06 PM
Ranger17's Avatar
Ranger17 Ranger17 is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in WI
Posts: 1,986
Likes: 591
Liked 1,764 Times in 810 Posts
Default

When I got my Sport 2 a couple years back (was my first AR and first non-rimfire rifle) i passed on the optics ready model and instead went with the one with std sights. Allowed me to get used to the AR platform first before considering adding any optics.
I did end up adding a Holosun but that was just something I wanted. I have been very happy with the Sport 2, I like how the ergonomics across the MP line seem so comfortable in hand.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2022, 09:30 PM
342ti 342ti is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 213
Likes: 20
Liked 152 Times in 90 Posts
Default

While there's a slew of S&W AR models, I'm sure any one of them will fill your son's needs. I purchased a brand new MP Sport2 OR Model, and am nothing but pleased with the accuracy, reliability, and fit/finish quality. I considered the Ruger 556 and Springfield Saint, but wisely chose the S&W.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-09-2022, 10:18 PM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default

We stopped bye there 1st thing this morning
My Son wanted it & filled out the 4473 BUT answered 12b as YES instead of NO~~~ SO
IIRC Are under indictment for a felony or something to that order
They wouldn't let him change it & was told to come back tomorrow & apply again, It made him angry & am now unsure if he will go back or not?
The Price of $599.99 was good for sure
Had Magpul MBUS rear flip up sight & one 30 round magazine & nothing else = Box is missing, I opened it up & it looks like it's been fired 1-5 rounds by looking at the hammer = test fired only & not a scratch on the unit & in their glass display case
It had forward assist & the dust cover spring door
It is a very nice entry level AR-15 for $600 & with7% tax = $642
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #8  
Old 06-10-2022, 01:10 AM
KidK KidK is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: SoCal
Posts: 13
Likes: 107
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADKNOCKER View Post
My Son wanted it & filled out the 4473 BUT answered 12b as YES instead of NO~~~ SO
IIRC Are under indictment for a felony or something to that order
They wouldn't let him change it & was told to come back tomorrow & apply again, It made him angry & am now unsure if he will go back or not?
I’m sorry if this is out of bounds, but maybe your son shouldn’t own a firearm. Reading comprehension and accurate answers to questions seem like basic requirements. Getting “angry” about something completely within his control seems like a red flag.

I hope all gun sellers remain steadfast with the rules associated with the sale of firearms.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #9  
Old 06-10-2022, 02:13 AM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidK View Post
I’m sorry if this is out of bounds, but maybe your son shouldn’t own a firearm. Reading comprehension and accurate answers to questions seem like basic requirements. Getting “angry” about something completely within his control seems like a red flag.

I hope all gun sellers remain steadfast with the rules associated with the sale of firearms.
No really He was angry at himself for not understanding the question 12b
He's a Good Man & works six days a week & has never called in within the last 15 years
He always has money & never spends it on rubbish goods

I told him to look the 4473 over online closely as at the gunstore they have it on a tiny tablet but you can expand the view to SEE everything bigger

Guess I shouldn't had posted about that here

NO RED FLAGS HERE

He already owns a handgun & is a middle aged MAN

Not a 18 year old who was picked on at school & is angry at life

Can't say much more about those crazy shootings that just seem to keep happening like copycats

I seem to think something happen in the late 80s/early 90s when people started wearing their pants around their knees showing their underwear & whipping was taken out of the schools & whipping your child became Child Abuse

There is a lot to be said for the paddle, belt & willow switch

I always remember hearing at school " Grab Your Ankles"
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #10  
Old 06-10-2022, 04:08 AM
Ruger Nut's Avatar
Ruger Nut Ruger Nut is offline
US Veteran
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coonass Country, La.
Posts: 1,367
Likes: 227
Liked 557 Times in 328 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADKNOCKER View Post
No really He was angry at himself for not understanding the question 12b
He's a Good Man & works six days a week & has never called in within the last 15 years
He always has money & never spends it on rubbish goods

I told him to look the 4473 over online closely as at the gunstore they have it on a tiny tablet but you can expand the view to SEE everything bigger

Guess I shouldn't had posted about that here

NO RED FLAGS HERE

He already owns a handgun & is a middle aged MAN

Not a 18 year old who was picked on at school & is angry at life

Can't say much more about those crazy shootings that just seem to keep happening like copycats

I seem to think something happen in the late 80s/early 90s when people started wearing their pants around their knees showing their underwear & whipping was taken out of the schools & whipping your child became Child Abuse

There is a lot to be said for the paddle, belt & willow switch

I always remember hearing at school " Grab Your Ankles"
Hey there HK, LTNS.
Has your son been to a range to try out various makes of AR's? If it were my son (my son is 35 and I suggested he try various AR's as well) I would suggest that.
There's NOTHING wrong with the S&W AR's. I own (2), Sport I, and Sport II. I also own a Ruger AR-556 (model 8500), and (2) Heinz 57's (multiple name brand parts=an AR). Of the (5) I like the Sport I and the 556 best.
The Sport I because of the 1/8 5R barrel. And the 556 because of the Delta Ring, the factory pistol grip, and for some reason I can shoot tighter groups (1/8 barrel).
After my son shot a few at the range he liked the Sport II and the 556. He chose the 556 because it was $449 at GRAB A GUN. The Sport II was $529.
You can't go wrong with the Sport II or the 556. They are basically almost identical. If it were me I would go with the lower priced AR of the (2).
Another good entry level AR is an Anderson. Bushmaster, Colt, and The Saint, are on the higher end of prices. Of those (3) I would choose the Colt.
YMMV.

Ruger AR-556 .223 Rem / 5.56 NATO 16.1" Barrel 30 RDs | GrabAGun

Smith & Wesson M&P-15 Sport II .223 Rem / 5.56 NATO 16" Barrel 30 RDs | GrabAGun
__________________
How many guns are too many?

Last edited by Ruger Nut; 06-10-2022 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Added 2 AR-15 links
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #11  
Old 06-10-2022, 11:58 AM
Ruger Nut's Avatar
Ruger Nut Ruger Nut is offline
US Veteran
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coonass Country, La.
Posts: 1,367
Likes: 227
Liked 557 Times in 328 Posts
Thumbs up

HK,
You might want to have your son check out Anderson's line of AR-15's. They make a great product.

AM-15 - Complete Firearms - All Products
__________________
How many guns are too many?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #12  
Old 06-10-2022, 02:54 PM
LIONS*LEADER LIONS*LEADER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

id get the optic ready model instead of the fixed front sight which interferes with optics view.

It's cheaper and easier to add a flip up front sight, than to have to change or have a gunsmith change, the gas block that the fixed front sight is attached to.

Also I wouldn't bother responding to the people on here that like to both not answer your information seeking question and then give you their "Sage" personal opinion on a topic that you didn't ask about, and has no informational value related to your question.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #13  
Old 06-10-2022, 07:13 PM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Today He has decided to just pass on the idea of an AR-15
Hey, he can do what He wants no problem there
Probably saw another guitar OR?

In looking through the LGSs inventory at some of their stores in Louisville I see this listing
RUGER RANCH RIFLE #583-42*** 13.2 mi $475

That is a 2015 Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle in .223 for $475 13.2 miles from here? Hmmm?
Now that would be worth $500 IMO

And JFYI Anderson's are made in Hebron Kentucky near Cincinatti Ohio
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-11-2022, 12:40 AM
Ruger Nut's Avatar
Ruger Nut Ruger Nut is offline
US Veteran
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coonass Country, La.
Posts: 1,367
Likes: 227
Liked 557 Times in 328 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONS*LEADER View Post
id get the optic ready model instead of the fixed front sight which interferes with optics view.

It's cheaper and easier to add a flip up front sight, than to have to change or have a gunsmith change, the gas block that the fixed front sight is attached to.

Also I wouldn't bother responding to the people on here that like to both not answer your information seeking question and then give you their "Sage" personal opinion on a topic that you didn't ask about, and has no informational value related to your question.
Brand new here and you're getting off to a good start, critizing members already. With an attitude like that you're going to meet the MODS very fast.
HK and I know one another on this firearms site and another one as well.
So, I don't think I'm bothering him with my replies.
__________________
How many guns are too many?

Last edited by Ruger Nut; 06-11-2022 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-11-2022, 08:46 PM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default

I have forgotten more than you will ever learn.. HaHaHa!!
It's True
In one weekend at the KCR Machine Gun Shoot I built 100 AR-15s in eight hours from stripped Lowers to complete rifles & then test fired everyone of them on the range there with one full 30rd magazine ea.
Of course Panther Arms paid me & for the ammo too...
They call themselves DPMS now days, I still have the T-Shirt they gave me, That was the fall of 1995 when I was a middle age man
Can't believe that the KCR shoot will never happen again, That was always the best & largest military gun show & machine gun shoot, just across the river from me...
I still have all the special tools in my bunker
Still plan on picking up a couple AR-15 Lower Receivers JUST BECAUSE

Welcome to the Forum @LIONS*LEADER
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-12-2022, 12:35 PM
N4KVE N4KVE is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: May 2012
Location: PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Posts: 1,231
Likes: 15
Liked 678 Times in 393 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADKNOCKER View Post
We stopped bye there 1st thing this morning
My Son wanted it & filled out the 4473 BUT answered 12b as YES instead of NO~~~ SO
IIRC Are under indictment for a felony or something to that order
They wouldn't let him change it & was told to come back tomorrow & apply again, It made him angry & am now unsure if he will go back or not?
The Price of $599.99 was good for sure
Had Magpul MBUS rear flip up sight & one 30 round magazine & nothing else = Box is missing, I opened it up & it looks like it's been fired 1-5 rounds by looking at the hammer = test fired only & not a scratch on the unit & in their glass display case
It had forward assist & the dust cover spring door
It is a very nice entry level AR-15 for $600 & with7% tax = $642
They are $cumbags at that LGS. When someone makes a similar mistake at our LGS, we point out the error, explain to them what they did, & rethink their answer. They then cross out the wrong answer, initial it, & check the correct box. BUT, for many buyers English is not their primary language. The only exception is when they check the box stating that they smoke marijuana, & have a medical marijuana license issued by the state. Then they don’t get the gun. GARY.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #17  
Old 06-13-2022, 12:38 PM
Ruger Nut's Avatar
Ruger Nut Ruger Nut is offline
US Veteran
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coonass Country, La.
Posts: 1,367
Likes: 227
Liked 557 Times in 328 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADKNOCKER View Post
I have forgotten more than you will ever learn.. HaHaHa!!
It's True

In one weekend at the KCR Machine Gun Shoot I built 100 AR-15s in eight hours from stripped Lowers to complete rifles & then test fired everyone of them on the range there with one full 30rd magazine ea.
Of course Panther Arms paid me & for the ammo too...
They call themselves DPMS now days, I still have the T-Shirt they gave me, That was the fall of 1995 when I was a middle age man
Can't believe that the KCR shoot will never happen again, That was always the best & largest military gun show & machine gun shoot, just across the river from me...
I still have all the special tools in my bunker
Still plan on picking up a couple AR-15 Lower Receivers JUST BECAUSE

Welcome to the Forum @LIONS*LEADER
HK, that's not for me, huh?
I didn't know you had that much training with AR's. I sure hope I didn't insult your intelligence.
__________________
How many guns are too many?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #18  
Old 06-13-2022, 05:01 PM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger Nut View Post
HK,
You might want to have your son check out Anderson's line of AR-15's. They make a great product.

AM-15 - Complete Firearms - All Products
@Ruger Nut just this afternoon the shop .7 miles from here showed as having a Anderson AM-15 @ $389.00 online, I said WHAT?
We rode right over there & there it was a decent priced AR-15 for under $400 & even has a scope on it & no iron sights + one 30rd aluminum magazine...
I was kind of tight on funds & put 10% down = $40 & have till October 11th to pay it off & pick it up
The end of the barrel appeared to have been shot hard & let to rust some = color was off on the barrel from the shroud to the muzzle break, looked to me like a oily rag would treat it fine
Opened it up & had a look at the bolt & trigger group & all seemed in order, It had a trigger lock on it so couldn't fire it but dropped the hammer with the sear internally & re-cocked it.
I didn't remove the bolt & look down the barrel as I was being watched like I was taking parts off or out of the rifle

This rifle is for ME!
Of course if my son wants to shoot it OR that's just fine, Not a straw purchase.. Just one more of many for ME!
I do need to get some extra magazines & .223/5.56 ammo
I guess it was meant to be + my favorite seller was there to get my commission amount, I went to high school with Her 40 years ago & worked with her Father...

The scope didn't light up & had no reticle so I assume it was left on by the last person who handled it & the batteries had burnt out, It is a flat top with a flat rail on the gas block.
I don't even recall the scope brand or name? Vortex Maybe?
1X Power Red Dot of some kind, I would rather have some flip up iron/polymer sights really
Was impressed by the price tag of $389

Haven't told my Wife YET! She'll get over it...
She always does

I think She's due a New Ring of some kind very Soon
I know some folks that run a Jewelry Store Pawn Shop Business
They sell guns there too!

Rifle looked like the one below with a small scope with flip up covers, 16" barrel, I assume it takes 2032 batteries OR?

It's been almost 15-20 years since I had an AR-15 & built those
This the 1st one I have ever just bought outright complete

A really good buddy of mine is looking for a handgun & think he might buy my Taurus 85CH

Constitutional Carry comes to my State of Indiana 7/1/22 in two weeks & it's about time too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 662674_ts.jpg (17.6 KB, 18 views)
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson

Last edited by HEADKNOCKER; 06-13-2022 at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-14-2022, 02:25 AM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default

After reading up on the AM-15 Anderson I believe it has a stainless barrel with a coating so that might explain the color of the barrel
I would have assumed it had been very hot which doesn't take much with an AR-15
Could have had the M&P-15 for $599, Ruger 556 for $699 or the Anderson AM-15 for $389
I think I made the right choice $$$
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-14-2022, 05:36 PM
Ruger Nut's Avatar
Ruger Nut Ruger Nut is offline
US Veteran
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coonass Country, La.
Posts: 1,367
Likes: 227
Liked 557 Times in 328 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADKNOCKER View Post
After reading up on the AM-15 Anderson I believe it has a stainless barrel with a coating so that might explain the color of the barrel
I would have assumed it had been very hot which doesn't take much with an AR-15
Could have had the M&P-15 for $599, Ruger 556 for $699 or the Anderson AM-15 for $389
I think I made the right choice $$$
HK, you did real good!
What are your plans for it when you get it?
__________________
How many guns are too many?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-14-2022, 06:16 PM
HEADKNOCKER's Avatar
HEADKNOCKER HEADKNOCKER is offline
Member
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Wood Shed
Posts: 2,783
Likes: 599
Liked 476 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger Nut View Post
HK, you did real good!
What are your plans for it when you get it?
Just to get magazines & ammo
It will not be used for hunting
More of an investment & a fun gun at the range if I can afford to shoot it that is... Expensive ammo...
My Son is a Lefty & always thought that an auto rifle is made for a Righty pretty much, there is that deflector
I taught him to play guitar on a RH instrument holding correctly & started him out 25 years ago on bolt action Marlin 22lr & S&W 617
He's 30/31 now = My Youngest Son, Oldest is 39/40
__________________
MightShowYouHisSmith&Wesson
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-15-2022, 05:37 PM
Ruger Nut's Avatar
Ruger Nut Ruger Nut is offline
US Veteran
Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow Going to Look at a M&P15 Tomorrow  
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coonass Country, La.
Posts: 1,367
Likes: 227
Liked 557 Times in 328 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADKNOCKER View Post
Just to get magazines & ammo
It will not be used for hunting
More of an investment & a fun gun at the range if I can afford to shoot it that is... Expensive ammo...
My Son is a Lefty & always thought that an auto rifle is made for a Righty pretty much, there is that deflector
I taught him to play guitar on a RH instrument holding correctly & started him out 25 years ago on bolt action Marlin 22lr & S&W 617
He's 30/31 now = My Youngest Son, Oldest is 39/40
I look forward to seeing it here when you get it.
__________________
How many guns are too many?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help going to look at a 681-1M tomorrow MNK9 S&W Revolvers: 1980 to the Present 2 02-14-2015 04:20 PM
Tomorrow may be the day SavageSmoker Smith & Wesson M&P Pistols 13 07-26-2012 05:50 PM
Tomorrow's the day... Richard Simmons Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols 4 03-02-2011 11:37 AM
Tomorrow is the day! jlrhiner The Lounge 24 12-09-2010 09:59 PM
Tomorrow is my day Tactical guy Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 1 01-19-2010 02:19 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)