Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Semi-Automatic Pistols > Smith & Wesson SD & Sigma Pistols
Forum Register Expert Commentary Members List


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Hey folks, new to the forum. I am Michael. Just bought a new SD40VE and want a comfortable paddle holster for it, RH. For a quickie pick up I got a Fobus SWMP for the range and fits comfortably. But was wanting something I felt sure would not scar the finish on the weapon. I ordered a Uncle Mike's Paddle #7801-1 for medium autos 3 1/4" to 4" barrel lengths and with the retention strap and molded thumb break. Disappointed in the way it feels and, from the thumb break to the fact that the inner material will not freely go into a waist band at all. It was a bad buy. Uncle Mike's said to return it to where I bought it and return. So looking for 2 things, one, a confirm on whether this weapon is a medium or large frame semi? And 2 suggestions on brands of holsters to look at. I have only an interest for me on a paddle holster style. Later will come a conceal holster. Thanks and look forward to getting to know you folks. Also would like to reduce trigger pull from 8lbs to possibly 5lbs, suggestions on where I can get a kit. Thanks for any feedback!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM
chevythunder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: michigan
Posts: 146
Likes: 42
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

I have a holster from Blackhawk made for the M&P. Fits perfect, in and out of my holster at least 6 times a day and no marks on the weapon. Cost was $39.99

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 PM
chevythunder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: michigan
Posts: 146
Likes: 42
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Heres a couple pics too

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360290825623.jpg
Views:	1221
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	101438   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360290838336.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	101439  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #4  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Do you know the model # for the Blackhawk? Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

What model is this Blackhawk Holster?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM
chevythunder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: michigan
Posts: 146
Likes: 42
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

The numver on the back of it is 2100270. Its a CQC holster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Ordered a Galco Paddle Lite. The other thing is I discovered is that the SD40VE is considered a full size weapon with a 4" barrel, not a medium auto. Talked to S&W today, and they confirmed. They also have a cool 54X472 MATRIX fast draw with a patented locking device so if someone was to try and snatch the gun, it would be impossible, gun won't come out. Gun releases with ergonomically designed thumb release is engaged as you draw and it is smoothhhhhh.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lewistown, PA
Posts: 66
Likes: 70
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevythunder View Post
I have a holster from Blackhawk made for the M&P. Fits perfect, in and out of my holster at least 6 times a day and no marks on the weapon. Cost was $39.99

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I have to same style though mine doesn't have the carbon fiber overlay. Its a very good holster, I never "notice" it when I carry which is everywhere I legally can.

The only issue I had with it was the "hook" on the paddle catching on my belt as I was trying to remove it. Now I have the upper hooks set and in place to keep it from moving around so I used a dremel to remove the hook from the paddle, so now removal is very easy once the upper hooks a disengaged from my belt.
__________________
Later,
Hock
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2013, 08:18 AM
chevythunder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: michigan
Posts: 146
Likes: 42
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

The hook doesn't bother me. Just another security feature to make sure that holster stays put. I used both hands to pull my holsfer off

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North east Arkansas
Posts: 98
Likes: 5
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I am a newbie to cc and i'm looking for a holster also for this gun but don't always wear a belt any suggestions. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

My Galco is a paddle and Fobus is a paddle, slips inside your pants, does not need a belt although wearing a belt gives the molded hooks something to grab on to some degree.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 AM
chevythunder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: michigan
Posts: 146
Likes: 42
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Same thing with the Blackhawk. I rarely wear a belt and the holster grabs both sides of your pants and doesn't move. The Blackhawk is $39.99 and made in the USA. Not sure about the Galco

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lewistown, PA
Posts: 66
Likes: 70
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevythunder View Post
Same thing with the Blackhawk. I rarely wear a belt and the holster grabs both sides of your pants and doesn't move. The Blackhawk is $39.99 and made in the USA. Not sure about the Galco
What he said. The only reason I took the other hook off is because I always wear a belt. I always have the paddle inside the waste band.
__________________
Later,
Hock
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 39
Likes: 52
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Link To the Blackhawk

Does anyone have a link to the Blackhawk holster and/or actual model #? The number in the picture isn't matching anything I have found on their website.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:03 PM
turnersapien's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Likes: 10
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

I just bought the Blackhawk! CQC Serpa holster...it comes with both the paddle and the belt loop adapter which I liked for versatility...plus it's carbon fiber, which is supposed to be more durable than the polymer Sporster model. I bought the left handed model...

Blackhawk 410525BKL CQC SERPA Matte Finish Holster Left Hand S&W M&P Sigma 9/40

http://bit.ly/WeoX8k

the right hand model simply swaps the "L" at the end of the part number for an "R." it is also known as model # 25.


BLACKHAWK 410525BK-R CQC SERPA RH MT fit S&W M&P SIGMA

http://bit.ly/WQbyUg


it fits my SD40 VE beautifully and the release is great! very easy and efficient to holster and re-holster...money well spent in my opinion! love my holster!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #16  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 39
Likes: 52
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Thanks turnersapien. I have one bookmarked and am seriously considering it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-10-2013, 09:07 PM
EBK EBK is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 265
Likes: 33
Liked 66 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeld1953 View Post
Hey folks, new to the forum. I am Michael. Just bought a new SD40VE and want a comfortable paddle holster for it, RH. For a quickie pick up I got a Fobus SWMP for the range and fits comfortably. But was wanting something I felt sure would not scar the finish on the weapon. I ordered a Uncle Mike's Paddle #7801-1 for medium autos 3 1/4" to 4" barrel lengths and with the retention strap and molded thumb break. Disappointed in the way it feels and, from the thumb break to the fact that the inner material will not freely go into a waist band at all. It was a bad buy. Uncle Mike's said to return it to where I bought it and return. So looking for 2 things, one, a confirm on whether this weapon is a medium or large frame semi? And 2 suggestions on brands of holsters to look at. I have only an interest for me on a paddle holster style. Later will come a conceal holster. Thanks and look forward to getting to know you folks. Also would like to reduce trigger pull from 8lbs to possibly 5lbs, suggestions on where I can get a kit. Thanks for any feedback!
This IS the droid..er...holster you are looking for great quality and low price (cant beat 17$) trust me you will like it.

S&W M&P 9/40 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical

The apex spring kit can be ordered directly from Apex Tactical
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 PM
turnersapien's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Likes: 10
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK View Post
This IS the droid..er...holster you are looking for great quality and low price (cant beat 17$) trust me you will like it.

S&W M&P 9/40 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical

The apex spring kit can be ordered directly from Apex Tactical


duuuuuuuude! where were you when I was looking for a "tactical" holster EBK?! I so would have saved the money and at least tried it out! oh well....lol
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK View Post
This IS the droid..er...holster you are looking for great quality and low price (cant beat 17$) trust me you will like it.

S&W M&P 9/40 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical

The apex spring kit can be ordered directly from Apex Tactical
How is this Holster holding up?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Likes: 1
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi Michael, I have a Blackhawk for my "Other" handgun and absolutley love it as it is a level II retention, meaning it cannot be removed without depressing a button on the side which also puts your finger in the correct place on the pistol frame above the trigger for safety, so I bought one for my SD40VE. Get a Blackhawk number 25 CQC Serpa. This one can be converted from paddle to belt and the cant can also be changed. Extremely comfortable you'll never know you are carrying after you get used to it. this is one of the best ones out there and I like the level II because it is very difficult for anyone other than the wearer to remove your weapon. These holsters are designed to fit one weapon only. Hope this helps
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 265
Likes: 33
Liked 66 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewbounds View Post
How is this Holster holding up?
The one I have is not for an SD but it is a very solid holster.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

this is what I bought and once you stretch the leather and break it in the way you are suppose to, it fits like a glove and thumb release is sweet. I am going to look at picking up the Blackhawk CQC Serpa. Galco is made in US also. Great holster. PDL472B.
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

I bought a S&W M&P 9/40 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical, Item# 1120HOL from cdnninvestments.com which is CDNN Sports. I tell you what, trying to find it from Target Sports who sells them was a joke, I finally gave up. Holster was only $16.99 but $10 bucks for shipping. Thanks for the lead EBK. Awesome holster.
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default Wrong holster choice after going under advisement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnersapien View Post
duuuuuuuude! where were you when I was looking for a "tactical" holster EBK?! I so would have saved the money and at least tried it out! oh well....lol
I orderd and got the S&W M&P 9/40 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical as was suggested. Gun goes in nicely but will not sink in deep enough for the pistol lock to engage the trigger frame. Defeats the purpose of the gun being secure in the holster.
If you want a polymer holster just to hold the gun and draw quickly, like a Fobus, then that is what you are getting but will this pistol lock in a SD 40 or 9, the answer is no, not a chance. Me and a special ops friend tried it today and that part of the holster that houses the trigger housing is about 3/4" to shallow. I would not recommend this holster for anythinh other than a plain $17 holster but it will not lock your SD in a holster made for an MP. This was the exact same holster as was recommended here and it is wrong. I have one for sale if some wants it, $16.99 plus $9.99 shipping for a grand total of $26.98, can send USPS. Read the posts on here, I am taking my defense CCW 's advice and buying a Blackhawk serpa. He knows a guy that makes leather custom hlosters. Anybody with an MP, I got your holster but not for your SD. You live you learn. message me if you want to buyn this thing. I won' use it. Michael I got one for you turnersapien. Just say the word, private message or what and I will put that bad puppy on you. Not for me.
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Actually outside of leather, you can't beat the BlackHawk Right Hand CQC Serpa Sportster... But this time I will find one through my new best buddy and try it first. No more buys on the internet on advice, done it twice won,t be a third. Better luck shopping folks.
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM
turnersapien's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Likes: 10
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeld1953 View Post
I orderd and got the S&W M&P 9/40 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical as was suggested. Gun goes in nicely but will not sink in deep enough for the pistol lock to engage the trigger frame. Defeats the purpose of the gun being secure in the holster.
If you want a polymer holster just to hold the gun and draw quickly, like a Fobus, then that is what you are getting but will this pistol lock in a SD 40 or 9, the answer is no, not a chance. Me and a special ops friend tried it today and that part of the holster that houses the trigger housing is about 3/4" to shallow. I would not recommend this holster for anythinh other than a plain $17 holster but it will not lock your SD in a holster made for an MP. This was the exact same holster as was recommended here and it is wrong. I have one for sale if some wants it, $16.99 plus $9.99 shipping for a grand total of $26.98, can send USPS. Read the posts on here, I am taking my defense CCW 's advice and buying a Blackhawk serpa. He knows a guy that makes leather custom hlosters. Anybody with an MP, I got your holster but not for your SD. You live you learn. message me if you want to buyn this thing. I won' use it. Michael I got one for you turnersapien. Just say the word, private message or what and I will put that bad puppy on you. Not for me.

I had already bought the Blackhawk CQC Serpa when I said that to EBK...definitely glad I had after reading your experience bro. I love my Blackhawk...super comfortable and easy to use! sorry it didn't work out for you with that Israeli Tactical deal... :-/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,278
Likes: 790
Liked 604 Times in 319 Posts
Default

The only paddle holster I use anymore is the Kramer MSP...not a cheap solution, but it is without question the MOST comfortable paddle I have EVER used.

Randy
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM
cavalrydad's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newnan, Ga
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey y'all. I'm new to the forum too. I've got a question. Y'all are all referencing the M&P40 and the SW40VE. I've got an SW40F. Will these holsters fit my weapon?
Thanks,
Pete
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 AM
turnersapien's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Likes: 10
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalrydad View Post
Hey y'all. I'm new to the forum too. I've got a question. Y'all are all referencing the M&P40 and the SW40VE. I've got an SW40F. Will these holsters fit my weapon?
Thanks,
Pete


it's my understanding that the SW40F is the first Sigma, and has a 4.5" barrel instead of the current 4"? just checked my SD40VE in my Blackhawk CQC and your barrel/slide would stick out...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 AM
cavalrydad's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newnan, Ga
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK, any suggestions for a good, inexpensive paddle holster that would fit my SW40F??
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Pacrat's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 73
Likes: 151
Liked 83 Times in 27 Posts
Default

I just got the Blackhawk Serpa for my SD9 VE, found it on Amazon for $26.99 with free shipping. Really like it so far, so nice not to have to deal with the thumb break of my other holster anymore.
__________________
GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:35 AM
turnersapien's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Likes: 10
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalrydad View Post
OK, any suggestions for a good, inexpensive paddle holster that would fit my SW40F??


I have no idea bro...I'm still a noob here...hopefully some of the other guys with the Sigma F's will chime in
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

yeah, I got sucker punched on that one but CDNN told me to send it back but it will cost me $10 in shipping and time to do it. But I know for a fact the BlackHawk #: 410025BK-R is the big dawg for the SDVE series along with the M&P and some Glocks. The hell of it is, the pistol was $17, and $10 shipping, so I will be out that $10 and $10 more to ship. You live and learn but it always cost you money. Got mine at Buds. later men
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-07-2013, 03:19 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 265
Likes: 33
Liked 66 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeld1953 View Post
yeah, I got sucker punched on that one but CDNN told me to send it back but it will cost me $10 in shipping and time to do it. But I know for a fact the BlackHawk #: 410025BK-R is the big dawg for the SDVE series along with the M&P and some Glocks. The hell of it is, the pistol was $17, and $10 shipping, so I will be out that $10 and $10 more to ship. You live and learn but it always cost you money. Got mine at Buds. later men
Sorry about the bad advice guys. The one my buddy has for his M&P 9 fit my SD40 and locked in maybe I just got lucky.

Again really sorry about that.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 265
Likes: 33
Liked 66 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeld1953 View Post
I orderd and got the S&W M&P 9/40 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical as was suggested. Gun goes in nicely but will not sink in deep enough for the pistol lock to engage the trigger frame. Defeats the purpose of the gun being secure in the holster.
If you want a polymer holster just to hold the gun and draw quickly, like a Fobus, then that is what you are getting but will this pistol lock in a SD 40 or 9, the answer is no, not a chance. Me and a special ops friend tried it today and that part of the holster that houses the trigger housing is about 3/4" to shallow. I would not recommend this holster for anythinh other than a plain $17 holster but it will not lock your SD in a holster made for an MP. This was the exact same holster as was recommended here and it is wrong. I have one for sale if some wants it, $16.99 plus $9.99 shipping for a grand total of $26.98, can send USPS. Read the posts on here, I am taking my defense CCW 's advice and buying a Blackhawk serpa. He knows a guy that makes leather custom hlosters. Anybody with an MP, I got your holster but not for your SD. You live you learn. message me if you want to buyn this thing. I won' use it. Michael I got one for you turnersapien. Just say the word, private message or what and I will put that bad puppy on you. Not for me.

If you haven't sold it already I will buy it from you considering it was on my advice that you bought it. Like I said maybe I just got lucky when I tried it in my buddies
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

I sent you a PM back, no big deal, yours fit mine was not close. But I appreciate your honorable intentions. This is the problem with internet buying, you can't put your hands on it and try it. Thank you EBK
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Got the BlackHawk #: 410025BK-R CQC Serpa Paddle and or belt. Man this is a bad mamma jamma!! Talk about sweet, and nobody can get that gun out of that holster. This is for the MP series. Clean sweep take away out of the holster. Smooooothhhhhh. Paddle is comfortable, don't care for belt holsters. But glad I got this bad dog! Highly recommend.
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-13-2013, 12:10 AM
turnersapien's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Likes: 10
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

I love mine too bro! I can't imagine there being a better holster for the money!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 265
Likes: 33
Liked 66 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Just something you folks with the serpa holster should be aware of.

It may not affect you but be aware of it.
This is the only reason I looked elsewhere for a holster.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
chevythunder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: michigan
Posts: 146
Likes: 42
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK View Post
Just something you folks with the serpa holster should be aware of.
SERPA Lock Test - YouTube

It may not affect you but be aware of it.
This is the only reason I looked elsewhere for a holster.
Good to know, but i try not to roll around in snow and mud with my gun on me. I take too much pride in my pistols to takr the chance of damaging them like that,lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-14-2013, 12:16 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 265
Likes: 33
Liked 66 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevythunder View Post
Good to know, but i try not to roll around in snow and mud with my gun on me. I take too much pride in my pistols to takr the chance of damaging them like that,lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I posted that for the people who may use this as a carry holster. You never know what position you will be in if the pistol is needed. It may very well be after you have been knocked to the ground.

As a range holster should be AOkay
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

I have been looking around for best price on the web for the BlackHawk #: 410025BK-R CQC Serpa Paddle and or belt holster. Nogt a 4105 but the one abpve this is a level 2 and it is awesome. My new M&P 22LR fit it perfect. What are the best sites you have found. $38 is about the best I have found. Suggestions? Thanks guys. Also just got a set of Dave Dawson's optic fiber sights for the new pistol. Night and day difference. Installed Apec triggers in the SD9 and 40 and what a difference. Back to sites for the holster. This holster is by far the best for the M&P 9, 40, 22LR and the SD40 and SD9s. Awesome. Now going to order my new guiderods from Galloway Precision.
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 AM
chevythunder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: michigan
Posts: 146
Likes: 42
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeld1953 View Post
I have been looking around for best price on the web for the BlackHawk #: 410025BK-R CQC Serpa Paddle and or belt holster. Nogt a 4105 but the one abpve this is a level 2 and it is awesome. My new M&P 22LR fit it perfect. What are the best sites you have found. $38 is about the best I have found. Suggestions? Thanks guys. Also just got a set of Dave Dawson's optic fiber sights for the new pistol. Night and day difference. Installed Apec triggers in the SD9 and 40 and what a difference. Back to sites for the holster. This holster is by far the best for the M&P 9, 40, 22LR and the SD40 and SD9s. Awesome. Now going to order my new guiderods from Galloway Precision.
I paid $39.99 in store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

That is a model # 410025BK-R or L depending on whether you want RH or LH.
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Nakanokalronin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 903
Likes: 38
Liked 268 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK View Post
This IS the droid..er...holster you are looking for great quality and low price (cant beat 17$) trust me you will like it.

S&W M&P 9/40 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical

The apex spring kit can be ordered directly from Apex Tactical
I have this holster from when I had the M&PFS 9. I tried the SD9VE in it the day I brought it home and no way will it fit. Maybe if a decent amount of material was shaved off inside, but not as is. Sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier since it would of saved some time wondering if it would work.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 03-27-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Mountains of NC
Posts: 152
Likes: 7
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default

The 410025BK has a black matte, kinda like a cross stitch pattern, looks good or the 410525BK which is just plain black but both will fit that gun like a glove. I have both the SDs and an M&P 22LR, same frame and love it. Tried to cram my tacted out Mossberg 88 in it but it would not go :-)
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Smith & Wesson SD & Sigma Pistols Thread, Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions in Smith & Wesson Semi-Automatic Pistols; Hey folks, new to the forum. I am Michael. Just bought a new SD40VE and want a comfortable paddle holster ...
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ITWB Holster for SD40VE and Tac light redsfan1983 Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols 2 12-15-2012 01:57 PM
SD40VE Cross-Draw belt holster needed slotsavegas Smith & Wesson SD & Sigma Pistols 5 11-04-2012 01:58 PM
Paddle holster paddle holster ccampo Concealed Carry & Self Defense 6 03-19-2012 10:40 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.


S-W Forum, LLC 2000-2015
Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)