Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > >

Notices

Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols Other Smith & Wesson Semi-Automatic Pistols from the 1950's to Present


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-30-2020, 11:43 AM
lhump1961's Avatar
lhump1961 lhump1961 is offline
US Veteran
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Great Midwest
Posts: 2,338
Likes: 1,424
Liked 1,990 Times in 867 Posts
Default 3913NL...finally!

I wasn't going to post on this but it came up in another thread so thought I would throw in another post while I was at it. Owned a 3913LS LNIB for a number of years and have been on the lookout for a 3913NL to go with it ever since. Seen a couple come and go but either not the right one or I was too late. Finally found one on GB so I picked it up. $600 plus fees was my limit going into the auction so that was the number I bid and let the auction run. Well, I guess the next highest bidder set his/her limit at $595 because that is where they stopped. $605 would have gotten them the gun! I'm not that lucky very often. Would I have gone higher? We will never know...
Attached Thumbnails
3913NL...finally!-dscn2317-jpg   3913NL...finally!-dscn2320-jpg   3913NL...finally!-dscn2321-jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2020, 11:50 AM
Rule3's Avatar
Rule3 Rule3 is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida, NRA CERT RSO
Posts: 20,914
Likes: 9,533
Liked 13,388 Times in 6,057 Posts
Default

Nice

One of my most favorite SW semi autos.

I had a LS also, sold it. Wish I didn't, really liked it. I still have the fancy bag
__________________
For office use only
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #3  
Old 06-30-2020, 11:55 AM
BAM-BAM BAM-BAM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: A Burb of the Burgh
Posts: 12,210
Likes: 299
Liked 15,669 Times in 7,021 Posts
Default

Nice score........ can't remember last time I saw one for sale locally

Had a 3913 but grabbed a NL as soon as they hit the market.... been carrying one or the other ever since. I prefer the Hogue grips to factory..... checkered wood on a NL makes for a sharp looking gun..... fit for a BBQ

I was able to score two more used ones in the $275-300 range when the G----26 was introduced..... the things some folks will do for 2 more rounds.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
  #4  
Old 06-30-2020, 12:30 PM
GaryS's Avatar
GaryS GaryS is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 9,213
Likes: 6,972
Liked 13,116 Times in 5,169 Posts
Talking



Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
Nice score........ can't remember last time I saw one for sale locally

Had a 3913 but grabbed a NL as soon as they hit the market.... been carrying one or the other ever since. I prefer the Hogue grips to factory..... checkered wood on a NL makes for a sharp looking gun..... fit for a BBQ

I was able to score two more used ones in the $275-300 range when the G----26 was introduced..... the things some folks will do for 2 more rounds.
__________________
Can open, worms everywhere.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #5  
Old 06-30-2020, 09:49 PM
HOUSTON RICK HOUSTON RICK is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS
Posts: 7,845
Likes: 4,921
Liked 9,742 Times in 3,820 Posts
Default

This is as close as I can get. I really like shooting the 3913 series.
Attached Thumbnails
3913NL...finally!-9mm3913tsw-2-jpg  
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Like Post:
  #6  
Old 06-30-2020, 10:41 PM
lhump1961's Avatar
lhump1961 lhump1961 is offline
US Veteran
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Great Midwest
Posts: 2,338
Likes: 1,424
Liked 1,990 Times in 867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTON RICK View Post
This is as close as I can get. I really like shooting the 3913 series.
That's better than close...very nice. I would like to find a 3953TSW.

For those who may think $600 was too much for the 3913NL...maybe...but I'm happy. First one like it I've seen for quite some time.

Last edited by lhump1961; 06-30-2020 at 11:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #7  
Old 07-01-2020, 01:04 AM
nocents's Avatar
nocents nocents is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: s.w.Ohio
Posts: 1,860
Likes: 3,525
Liked 2,546 Times in 1,118 Posts
Default

for quite some time now my 3913NL has been like an American Express card (if I actually had an American Express card)......
Attached Thumbnails
3913NL...finally!-kds10-jpg  
__________________
witty signature goes here
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2020, 07:49 AM
kraynky's Avatar
kraynky kraynky is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 2,164
Likes: 8,467
Liked 3,425 Times in 1,316 Posts
Default

The 3913NL was the sharpest semi-auto I'd ever seen when it started covering full page ads in the gun rags of the early '90s. I think it might still be! It was a lot of years before I finally found one LNIB,..... something like 30!

I cleaned it (didn't need to), lubed it and hit the range. I think I had admired them for so long, I was expecting a laser ��. It shot fine really, I held it in such high regard that I was crestfallen to see the slide marring frame!

I carried it a bit, and couldn't stand to come home each day & see the gun saturated in sweat & dust bunnies. I felt like I was doing it harm buy using it like I should, so I ended up cleaning it back up and selling it for what I had in it. In reality, it must have been my first alloy frame, steel slide pistol, and I didn't know to grease it a little and that it would settle down and mate together just fine.

I'm still infatuated by their looks, and I'm going to find both a 3913 and a 3914 NL, and just enjoy them. They are sexy guns, its a fact. Congratulations!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #9  
Old 07-01-2020, 11:23 AM
lhump1961's Avatar
lhump1961 lhump1961 is offline
US Veteran
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Great Midwest
Posts: 2,338
Likes: 1,424
Liked 1,990 Times in 867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraynky View Post
The 3913NL was the sharpest semi-auto I'd ever seen when it started covering full page ads in the gun rags of the early '90s. I think it might still be! It was a lot of years before I finally found one LNIB,..... something like 30!

I cleaned it (didn't need to), lubed it and hit the range. I think I had admired them for so long, I was expecting a laser ��. It shot fine really, I held it in such high regard that I was crestfallen to see the slide marring frame!

I carried it a bit, and couldn't stand to come home each day & see the gun saturated in sweat & dust bunnies. I felt like I was doing it harm buy using it like I should, so I ended up cleaning it back up and selling it for what I had in it. In reality, it must have been my first alloy frame, steel slide pistol, and I didn't know to grease it a little and that it would settle down and mate together just fine.

I'm still infatuated by their looks, and I'm going to find both a 3913 and a 3914 NL, and just enjoy them. They are sexy guns, its a fact. Congratulations!
Best of luck in your hunt! You'll find them. The frame/slide wear is kind of like flame cutting on a revolver...unavoidable but self limiting.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2020, 02:41 PM
Steve912 Steve912 is online now
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,910
Likes: 2,350
Liked 1,626 Times in 880 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocents View Post
for quite some time now my 3913NL has been like an American Express card (if I actually had an American Express card)......
What holster is that? Looks like it covers what needs to be
covered, and would probably work for a CS9

Last edited by Steve912; 07-01-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-01-2020, 03:20 PM
Jeppo's Avatar
Jeppo Jeppo is online now
SWCA Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Davidson County, NC
Posts: 1,550
Likes: 4,246
Liked 2,617 Times in 1,005 Posts
Talking True, they are out there.

You just gotta be patient.
Attached Thumbnails
3913NL...finally!-cbf95711-487b-48c5-b1fd-c5c69b0197ef-jpg   3913NL...finally!-b4b7efc5-5cca-4e98-8dc2-041720d1f967-jpg  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
  #12  
Old 07-01-2020, 03:36 PM
StephenWhoDat's Avatar
StephenWhoDat StephenWhoDat is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 305
Likes: 1,162
Liked 439 Times in 164 Posts
Default

Very nice! I picked up a beautiful 3913NL last year for only $350! But, 3rd Gen prices always seem to be much lower in South Louisiana than a lot of other places. I easily would have paid for up to $500 for it though. Came with two magazines and no box. But $350 for a 3rd Gen that had been on my short list for a few years was quite a solid score!
__________________
S.D.M.F.-God Bless Our Troops!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes This Post:
  #13  
Old 07-01-2020, 04:10 PM
ladder13's Avatar
ladder13 ladder13 is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 22,983
Likes: 32,319
Liked 30,245 Times in 10,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhump1961 View Post
That's better than close...very nice. I would like to find a 3953TSW.

For those who may think $600 was too much for the 3913NL...maybe...but I'm happy. First one like it I've seen for quite some time.
This 3953TSW was the only one Iíve ever seen in the raw. I traded a Model 10 for it last year. The gun came with six mags. Local exchange.



__________________
In memory of Labworm
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Like Post:
  #14  
Old 07-01-2020, 05:41 PM
mauser9 mauser9 is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,214
Likes: 5,396
Liked 1,871 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default

That Tactical line was my favorite along side the CS-9 series. Darn shame they quit making em. Sometimes things change too much!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-01-2020, 07:37 PM
Toddlars1 Toddlars1 is offline
Member
3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally! 3913NL...finally!  
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 78
Likes: 166
Liked 88 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Nice, one of those has been on my list for a while...with gray grips
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What does the NL mean in 3913NL? S&W59 Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols 19 02-09-2019 03:52 PM
3913NL Maddog 521 Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols 4 10-15-2017 04:10 PM
I need a 3913NL, HELP sybo WANTED to Buy 5 03-06-2013 07:32 AM
New to me 3913NL JcMack Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols 11 08-07-2009 06:40 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
smith-wessonforum.com tested by Norton Internet Security smith-wessonforum.com tested by McAfee Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.42 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC)