Use of the classifieds is a service for the membership at large. We prefer it be used by participating members from other rooms on this forum.
This area is not for commercial ventures seeking to buy.
If you sell guns and accessories often here by answering the WTB ads, you should donate at the Silver level or above.
YOU know if you are "working it" here, and so do we.
We strongly advocate adherence to ALL firearms laws at ALL levels- Federal, State, and Local.
We Reserve the right to delete any ad, at any time, for any reason.
The attitude of “caveat emptor” must be assumed here. That means: “may the buyer beware”. The S&W Forum is not responsible for, nor a guarantor of, any ad presented here.
Establish TERMS in advance, like any INSPECTION PERIOD and Right to Return.
ACCURATE descriptions, FULL disclosure, and GOOD pics make life simpler for everyone!
Put your ad in the RIGHT CATEGORY.
We Recommend that you list your STATE, either in your ad or your Profile data to appear on screen. It matters a lot on shipping and local laws.
1. All General Posting Rules apply.
See them here- Rules & Information
2. ONE ad per category.
Allowing front page space for everyone is the idea.
The classifieds are divided into three sections: Guns, Accessories, and Wanted To Buy. You may list multiple items you are seeking- in one ad.
To find your ads-
in the top blue Navigation bar.
At the bottom of the menu you will see My Threads
and My Posts
If you are no longer seeking the item(s)
, please add FOUND or CLOSE to the beginning of the title.
Edit the title
by clicking "Edit" and then clicking "Go Advanced" at bottom right.
As soon as you edit the title, the thread is considered to be closed and will be locked by forum staff. You are then free to immediately start a new ad thread.
Or, you can report the ad by clicking in the upper right corner of the ad and request that we lock it or delete it.
Multiple ads may be deleted without notice beyond a Warning or Infraction.
3. You MUST
have your options set in your User CP to accept email or Private Messages.
We recommend accepting BOTH.
4. No Links to current or upcoming auctions or promotion of current or upcoming auctions or discussion of current or upcoming auctions, even in vague and general terms, or GunsAmerica ads or other website ads should be posted without permission.
Do NOT post a link to an ad you have on another website.
Do not advertise or promote other internet forums or websites without prior permission.
5. We allow one BTT
(Back To Top) per calendar day, unless you are replying to a legitimate question that has been posted in your thread.
Doing multiple BTT's in a single day may get your ad deleted.
If you have responded to a question(s), you don't need to do a BTT two hours later.
Additional posts on your part like "pics sent" or "email responded to" are needless since you can send it via a PM.
When no longer seeking the item, put FOUND or Withdrawn in the title of your thread, not the last post.
Keep replies to the minimum.
6. If you do not have any need to be responding in an ad, don't!
This is NOT a discussion forum, this is a listing service.
Do NOT make comments in ads if you are not doing business.
Place Feedback in the Feedback forum, NOT in the thread you dealt in.
7. You agree to save HARMLESS the S&W Forum, its owners, and The Staff, for any injury suffered as a result of any transaction occurring here in these ads.
8. Violation of these rules, or the spirit of these rules can lead to loss of Classifieds access.
9. We reserve the right to modify The Rules at any time without notice.
10. By posting or participating in a thread here, you are AGREEING to these RULES and Terms.